SiouxSports.com Forum

Blurry hockey time! Thanks midco!

Frozen4sioux

I think people need to come clean on their comments about Hammer and Koberinski. They seem like seasoned quality announcers now to me..

I haven't listened to them for the whole season, can't stand them it felt like my ears were bleeding everytime I've heard one of them talk and had to sync up the TV and radio instead.

I think people need to come clean on their comments about Hammer and Koberinski. They seem like seasoned quality announcers now to me..

The one thing that bugs me ALL THE TIME is when Hammer says "Kobber" every time he makes a comment. Yes Dan, we know who you are talking to. He is the only other person doing the broadcast. Just gets annoying. I guess one way to make it tolerable is to make a drinking game where every time Hammer says "Kobber" you take a drink!! :)

I haven't listened to them for the whole season, can't stand them it felt like my ears were bleeding everytime I've heard one of them talk and had to sync up the TV and radio instead.

To be honest with you, I like them, I think they do a good job, I think they made great strides as a broadcast team through the course of the year... Dan Hammer is a standup guy I find him approachable and he's been a fixture on my TV for many years and that being said, I like Pat Sweeney too.

I watch a lot of hockey probably in the 100's of games every year, the announcers that bothers me the most are the guys from Pittsburgh, Anaheim and Vancouver.

I also think that Doug McLeod is a brutal announcer and difficult to listen to and makes me long for Wooger and Frank. I also don’t mind LaPantha and think he’s also made great strides with the Wild.

I just wish they'd talk about the game action instead of everything else. (I don't care if it's 6-0, 5-0, or whatever)

Doing this is not uncommon even amongst the most highly paid, seasoned network sports announcers. It's called "garbage time" and just meant to be a filler to the unimportant happenings of a blowout game in its late stages.

I just wish they'd talk about the game action instead of everything else. (I don't care if it's 6-0, 5-0, or whatever)

Sweeney was the king of rambling about things not related to the game, or explaining, in full, every single slightly inside joke/comment he made.

• Upvote 1

The one thing that bugs me ALL THE TIME is when Hammer says "Kobber" every time he makes a comment. Yes Dan, we know who you are talking to. He is the only other person doing the broadcast. Just gets annoying. I guess one way to make it tolerable is to make a drinking game where every time Hammer says "Kobber" you take a drink!! :)

i agree on the Kobber non-stop but it's gotten to the point of hilarity. I wonder if Hammer showed Kobber the picture on his phone of Dressler potato chip bag. that was a classic last night.

favorite this year tho was the Gaarder hat trick. "What do you think they do with all those hats, Kobber...?" :lol:

Just like hammers comment about how the university of South Dakota turned over the puck. They are sure seasoned. I have no problem with his Wrigley comments in the corners too. See how many of you get this one.