SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Playoffs

Cratter

Alabama lost to Texas A&M this season,while Texas A&M only beat Sam Houston State by 19, who got beat by NDSU by 26. Not saying NDSU would have a chance in hell against Alabama but they aren't as far apart as most people think.

So Indiana St. would have a shot is what you're saying?

Texax A&M was up 47-0 less than 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter and 47-7 after the 3rd quarter. They let Johnny Football attempt an extra point. I don't think that game was ever in doubt.

Alabama lost to Texas A&M this season,while Texas A&M only beat Sam Houston State by 19, who got beat by NDSU by 26. Not saying NDSU would have a chance in hell against Alabama but they aren't as far apart as most people think.

Bama would beat NDSU so bad that it's embarrassing that we are talking about it. There are maybe 3-4 NFL guys on NDSU's whole roster right now, there are 7 or 8 first round draft picks on Bama's roster right now. No match

NDSU has very disciplined and prideful players, so did Notre Dame. But, Alabama would beat NDSU at their own game, they would own the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and NDSU wouldn't be able to stop them.

Bama would beat NDSU so bad that it's embarrassing that we are talking about it. There are maybe 3-4 CFL guys on NDSU's whole roster right now, there are 7 or 8 first round draft picks on Bama's roster right now. No match

NDSU has very disciplined and prideful players, so did Notre Dame. But, Alabama would beat NDSU at their own game, they would own the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and NDSU wouldn't be able to stop them.

Fixed your post!

In a single game contest, at a neutral site, I would take NDSU against any FBS team outside of the top 30. For those of you who think I'm crazy I would be happy to listen to your reasoning.

Fargo U would've walked all over the Sun Belt...I don't think you're that crazy at all.

• Upvote 3

So Indiana St. would have a shot is what you're saying?

Texax A&M was up 47-0 less than 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter and 47-7 after the 3rd quarter. They let Johnny Football attempt an extra point. I don't think that game was ever in doubt.

I said they wouldn't have a chance in hell. Read and comprehend son.

I said they wouldn't have a chance in hell. Read and comprehend son.

Maybe I read it wrong, but it looks to my like you used A&M's 19 point win over SHSU and NDSU's 26 point win over SHSU to say they aren't that far apart. I'm saying that A&M could have won that game by 70+ if they wanted to (and were on track to surpass that). Yeah you said they don't have a chance in hell but you then said they aren't as far apart as people think. Just wondering how far apart you think they are? I think NDSU is a very good team due to their defense and could stick around with the majority of FBS teams because of it (outside of the top 35 or so).

In a single game contest, at a neutral site, I would take NDSU against any FBS team outside of the top 30. For those of you who think I'm crazy I would be happy to listen to your reasoning.

I think they could beat a lot of FBS teams, I might drop the 30 down to about 40 looking at the Masseys but that still leaves about 85 teams they could either beat or hang with.

Did you see what Alabama did to Notre Dame last night? I don't think I'm going way out on a limb when I say NDSU is nowhere near the caliber of Notre Dame. Alabama would beat NDSU by 100 points if they wanted to be poor sports and rub their noses in it. If they played it classy they would only win by 60 (but they'd be up by 50 at halftime).

Whatever Dave. Just think what they would do to UND.

C'mon people, back to reality.

Alabama >>>>>>>>>> NDSU

Little-Giants.jpg

"What's the difference, we win the toss, we ram it down your throat...you win the toss, we take it away and ram it down your throat?"

It would be like that all day.

How many Big 10/12 teams could have SU beat or really gone "toe to toe" with this season? When one really looks at the B10 overall it's probanby more than one would initially think.

Again look at NIU at WI. Youngstown @ Pitt. SU IMO would have a decent shot vs anyone outside the top 40 in FBS.

Considering NDSU finished the season at number 35 in college football rankings. I would love to hear which team outside of the top 30 you think would beat NDSU so badly.

oh, so now the sagarin ratings are an accurate portrayal? Maybe when NDSU needs to get another game for next year Taylor should give Alabama a call. Just move up to that level already.

Considering NDSU finished the season at number 35 in college football rankings. I would love to hear which team outside of the top 30 you think would beat NDSU so badly.

So now its "would beat ndsu so badly". Last post was u would take them vs any team outside of top 30. Which one is it?

If NDSU would have had to go on the road instead of staying home this postseason, it would have been a completely different scenerio. For most of the postseason, I felt like that guy on TV after their missed extra point turned into a 2 pointer. . . complete amazement. Who wins a playoff game cuz the other team doesn't show up w/ a field goal kicker? Or to allow someone to run 270 or so yards on you but not have them be able to get in the endzone? It was truly a blessed run. They were a monsterously better team last year than they were this year. Especially offensively.

So now its "would beat ndsu so badly". Last post was u would take them vs any team outside of top 30. Which one is it?

Not sure this requires explanation but...ok.

For my comment to be considered arrogant, there would have to be a team that meets the criteria(outside of top 30) that would be such an overwhelming favorite over NDSU that it would be ridiculous to pick NDSU to win the game on a neutral field. eg. Alabama. NDSU would be such a decided underdog in this game that it wouldn't be reasonable for anyone to pick them.

ie. There would have to be a team that Dave thinks would beat NDSU pretty badly for me not to pick them on a neutral field.

So name the team Dave. Who is it that is so much better than NDSU outside the top 30 that you called my comments arrogant?

If NDSU would have had to go on the road instead of staying home this postseason, it would have been a completely different scenerio. For most of the postseason, I felt like that guy on TV after their missed extra point turned into a 2 pointer. . . complete amazement. Who wins a playoff game cuz the other team doesn't show up w/ a field goal kicker? Or to allow someone to run 270 or so yards on you but not have them be able to get in the endzone? It was truly a blessed run. They were a monsterously better team last year than they were this year. Especially offensively.

Considering NDSU has a better away record than home record over the past 2 years, I would reconsider this post if I were you.

• Upvote 1

oh, so now the sagarin ratings are an accurate portrayal? Maybe when NDSU needs to get another game for next year Taylor should give Alabama a call. Just move up to that level already.

I would love to hear the matchup that you challenge my statement on. Which team would beat NDSU?