SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Playoffs

Cratter

the answer is obviously all of them. Call Dean and Gene. NDSU is ready to move up. Any team. Anywhere.

I feel terrible adding to this thread, but just had to comment on this one.

NDSU will play anyone anywhere...except UND and apparently Oklahoma (who they rumored to turn down for a game).

That being said NDSU had a great team...the best in the FCS. On any given day they could be an FBS team (see JMU and Virginia Tech a couple years ago). Chances are pretty slim it would be a top 30 team. NDSU would also have a very difficult time playing an FBS schedule week in, week out. But on any given day, who knows...the same could be said for UND playing an FBS.

Adam Keller (our kicker) was very good, 1st team all-conference.

Adam Keller stats

CAREER STATS SEASON FGM FGA PCT XPM XPA PTS 2012 18 24 75.0 57 61

FIELD GOALS FGM-FGA Pct 01-19 20-29 30-39 40-49 50-99 Lg Blk

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Keller,Adam 18-24 75.0 1-1 8-8 7-8 2-6 0-1 49 2

I feel terrible adding to this thread, but just had to comment on this one.

NDSU will play anyone anywhere...except UND and apparently Oklahoma (who they rumored to turn down for a game).

That being said NDSU had a great team...the best in the FCS. On any given day they could be an FBS team (see JMU and Virginia Tech a couple years ago). Chances are pretty slim it would be a top 30 team. NDSU would also have a very difficult time playing an FBS schedule week in, week out. But on any given day, who knows...the same could be said for UND playing an FBS.

This is the main difference between FBS teams(30 and up) and FCS teams. Of course they couldn't handle a full FBS schedule, they have 22 less scholarships.

I am not sure I would put to much credence in the fact that one voter gave NDSU a vote in the top 25. I believe that has been done before for the FCS champ. It is like a little acknowledgement for the FCS champ. I don't believe anybody really thinks they are a top 25 team. I wonder who cast that vote for NDSU? Does Gene Taylor or Bohl have a vote? I agree with previous comments that this topic is getting a little boring. Let's talk about UND football now.

No, our kicker is very good. Yours is very average. 75% going 2-7 beyond 40 is garbage. Those are kicks that can save games when an offense is having an off day

You're right, he wasn't great, but I don't remember him being a real weakness either. The kick in the championship game was embarrassing and coach bohl let him know about it too.

Don't any of you get tired of arguing about the same bulls&!t every day?

I was thinking the same thing. I think the mods should just close this thread so we can move on with UND football. The FCS playoffs are over....move on.

I am not sure I would put to much credence in the fact that one voter gave NDSU a vote in the top 25. I believe that has been done before for the FCS champ. It is like a little acknowledgement for the FCS champ. I don't believe anybody really thinks they are a top 25 team. I wonder who cast that vote for NDSU? Does Gene Taylor or Bohl have a vote? I agree with previous comments that this topic is getting a little boring. Let's talk about UND football now.

We will need to move out of the FCS Playoffs thread then, unless the year is 2015.

No, our kicker is very good. Yours is very average. 75% going 2-7 beyond 40 is garbage. Those are kicks that can save games when an offense is having an off day

Yes, you are right. Our kicker is very good, but it's too bad Mussman doesn't believe in using him. Anyone remember going for it on 4th and 1?

My Nebraska beats them in the B1G Championship...we'll never know.

Put down the bong, Shawn-O. The Blackskirts defense gave up 70 to Wisconsin and redeemed themselves by letting Georgia put up almost 50. You're dreaming if you think Nebraska would have beaten OSU this season.

• Upvote 1

Put down the bong, Shawn-O. The Blackskirts defense gave up 70 to Wisconsin and redeemed themselves by letting Georgia put up almost 50. You're dreaming if you think Nebraska would have beaten OSU this season.

Man, you do have a burr up your saddle these days... :lol: . See ya in a few months at the Final Five...maybe you'll be in a better mood by then... :lol::)

I'm just guessing here, but 06 Minnesota and maybe 07 Central Michigan would meet that criteria.

The AC is the best team on the planet bar none. The Gopher teams that the AC beat should have been in the Rose Bowl and would have been if it wasn't for the fact that they might have struggled to be .500 in the EDC or WDA those years.

The AC beat a poor Colorado State team this year. On a given day they could play with most FBS teams and beat some. Not sure they are a top 20 team but who cares, it doesn't matter. I predict they will play K State a lot tougher than people think next fall and will not get blown out. They have almost everyone back. Their Oline and defense are strengths. I hope that makes all the AC people feel better. Season's over we didn't do as well as I had hoped. We have a good start to the recruiting season. When I read these dull posts from some of these guys then I miss Graham Cracker. He seemed more entertaining than the AC folks and might even have been a bit brighter.

Considering NDSU has a better away record than home record over the past 2 years, I would reconsider this post if I were you.

I wasn't talking about just any games the last two years, just this year's postseson. Regular season is out the window when it's the Playoffs.

NDSU only won some of their games by a touchdown or less. They easily could have finished 7-4 and had to play on the road in the playoffs. This team is good but not unbeatable. Yes they would have a chance to beat any sub 30 FBS team, except if you play one every week then they would most likely end up under .500.

Here is NDSU's FBS history. Let's just say they have not played the Alabama's of the FBS...... You Bison fans need to quit drinking koolaid!!!

06-07 Ball State -record 5-7

07-08 Central Mich -record 8-5 Won MAC Championship

07-08 Minnesota -record 1-11

10-11 Kansas -record 3-9

11-12 Minnesota -record 3-9

12-13 Colorado State 4-8

13-14 KSU TBD

• Upvote 1

NDSU only won some of their games by a touchdown or less. They easily could have finished 7-4 and had to play on the road in the playoffs. This team is good but not unbeatable. Yes they would have a chance to beat any sub 30 FBS team, except if you play one every week then they would most likely end up under .500.

Here is NDSU's FBS history. Let's just say they have not played the Alabama's of the FBS...... You Bison fans need to quit drinking koolaid!!!

06-07 Ball State -record 5-7

07-08 Central Mich -record 8-5 Won MAC Championship

07-08 Minnesota -record 1-11

10-11 Kansas -record 3-9

11-12 Minnesota -record 3-9

12-13 Colorado State 4-8

13-14 KSU TBD

And UND could have been 11-0, the fact is NDSU didn't finish 7-4, they finished 14-1. Bringing up close wins is irrelevant.

Is Alabama rated below 30?

Edit: Also, we've talked about this before, but since NDSU took a win away from those teams and added a loss, NDSU contributes to their record not looking so good.

I wasn't talking about just any games the last two years, just this year's postseson. Regular season is out the window when it's the Playoffs.

NDSU hasn't had an away playoff game in two years, how could you possibly predict how they would play away from Fargo in the playoffs?

Bison and UND fans that want to continue this argument please go to BISONVILLE.

Not sure I understand that sentiment, the thread is/was about the FCS playoffs. NDSU was the champion of those playoffs, talking about this seems relevant in this thread.

If the mods think the conversation has run it's course than I might agree with that, but the thread is an appropriate place for the discussion.