SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Playoffs

Cratter

Sam Houston's QB looked like he lobbed the ball instead of a straight throw (something like Taylor Martinez of Nebraska). His receivers (and the NDSU defenders) looked like they were playing right field grabbing a fly ball. NDSU capitalized on SHSU's mistakes and in a title game you have to do that, you can't waste opportunities. NDSU did everything right, and deserved to win the title. Congrats Bison.

I said the same thing of his throws. Flat footed off balance hop sky hook passes that made me cringe.

Yep, I hate the Bison and cheered for SHSU both years, but that was very impressive. Especially the defense. Well done.

UND had a D that would have struggled to stop Shanley. SU had a D that made the 2nd highest scoring offense in all of FCS look pedestrian at best.

And their D will be better next season barring injuries...ours???

Holy Cross was ranked #20 in the nation in the latest poll. That was in D-1, real D-1. Face it, North Dakota is known as a hockey school Because they won 7, that is 7 national championships at the highest level of college hockey. That's real D-1. Not some faux D-1 like Moo U has won.

The fact is, the truth is, that the FCS championship calling itself "D-1" is a running joke. It should be called D-IAA like it was in the past. It's not the highest level of college football. But, winning it is an honor. But, it should be honored in the right context.

Just because you don't like to hear the truth doesn't mean we shouldn't speak the truth.

Now, continue go on how gay we are or whatever else you wish. It just says more about you than us.

People are honoring it in the right context. No one is saying NDSU is as good as Notre Dame or Alabama. Do you not understand how the NCAA works? There are 2 divisions for football because of size and budgets. NDSU won the championship in their level of Division 1 football. What more can they do? To belittle makes you sound like a moron. Why must we have to educe you every year about this? Figure it out pal!

Holy Cross was ranked #20 in the nation in the latest poll. That was in D-1, real D-1. Face it, North Dakota is known as a hockey school Because they won 7, that is 7 national championships at the highest level of college hockey. That's real D-1. Not some faux D-1 like Moo U has won.

The fact is, the truth is, that the FCS championship calling itself "D-1" is a running joke. It should be called D-IAA like it was in the past. It's not the highest level of college football. But, winning it is an honor. But, it should be honored in the right context.

Just because you don't like to hear the truth doesn't mean we shouldn't speak the truth.

Now, continue go on how gay we are or whatever else you wish. It just says more about you than us.

While I am a hockey guy first, I like football as well, and I hope that sometime soon UND can compete for your faux-D1 national championship in football.

People are honoring it in the right context. No one is saying NDSU is as good as Notre Dame or Alabama. Do you not understand how the NCAA works? There are 2 divisions for football because of size and budgets. NDSU won the championship in their level of Division 1 football. What more can they do? To belittle makes you sound like a moron. Why must we have to educe you every year about this? Figure it out pal!

Oh. indeed I know how the NCAA works. What is our nickname again? Is it the Fighting Sioux? Oh, that's right! Using Native American names and imagery is wrong. That's why Florida State is allowed to... Oh, wait.

Maybe the NCAA doesn't work well at all?

Thanks for making my point.

• Upvote 1

Oh. indeed I know how the NCAA works. What is our nickname again? Is it the Fighting Sioux? Oh, that's right! Using Native American names and imagery is wrong. That's why Florida State is allowed to... Oh, wait.

Your an idiot. Thanks for making my point!!

Wow are you clueless.

I would have to seriously question whether or NDSU fans holding up "We want Bama" signs in the Fargodome can be construed as "honoring it in the right context".

Those make Bison fans who know college football sick as well.

• Upvote 1

Here are the simple facts:

- NDSU has chosen the 63 scholarships level of DI football, as has UND

- There is an 85 scholarship level of DI football

- NDSU has won the last two championships of 63 scholarships level football

- Winning championships is not easy

- Winning back to back championships is not easy

- There are better DI teams out there than NDSU, but none playing 63 scholarship level at this time

- I would like UND to win a title at the 63 scholarship level; it'll take some work ( <-- Capt. Understatement)

• Upvote 3

"Your" is a possessive adjective.

You wanted to use the contraction of "you" and "are", which is "You're".

So, who is the idiot? :)

A word in my statement was a typo. I admit it. Your statement you actually believe. So that's makes you an idiot. Quit splitting hairs over typos and look at what people actually say.

PA just congratulated NDSU on their "division 2 FCS title". His words not mine!

Well, that is the sentiment throughout the sports world. That's what people think it is. It's time to define these divisions with appropriate titles to lessen confusion.

• Upvote 1

Hey, I can do this too:

The sentiment throughout the world is Canadian Major Junior hockey is the highest level of hockey for the 20 yr old and less division.

Congrats to our hockey program on their lower division success!

We're talking about the organization called the NCAA.

Not the world.

Even if Canadian major junior hockey is at a higher level, it doesn't matter. In the world of the NCAA, Division I hockey is the highest level. The meaning is clear. There is no deception as with FBS/FCS/BCS, etc.

A clear standard is needed by the NCAA in the world of college football. Having two divisions called D-I is stupid. It's idiotic. It's moronic. It's retarded. It's imbecilic. But, it is the NCAA. What else should we expect?

• Upvote 1

Not the world.

Even if Canadian major junior hockey is at a higher level, it doesn't matter. In the world of the NCAA, Division I hockey is the highest level. The meaning is clear. There is no deception as with FBS/FCS/BCS, etc.

A clear standard is needed by the NCAA in the world of college football. Having two divisions called D-I is stupid. It's idiotic. It's moronic. It's retarded. It's imbecilic. But, it is the NCAA. What else should we expect?

Define verbal incontinence

Not the world.

A clear standard is needed by the NCAA in the world of college football. Having two divisions called D-I is stupid. It's idiotic. It's moronic. It's imbecilic. But, it is the NCAA. What else should we expect?

All words I would use to describe your posts.

The FCS is DI, deal with it. All the schools are fully DI, calling them something less for football would be idiotic.

Not the world.

so when the bison men's basketball team made the dance a few years back did they play kansas as a d1 or d2 team?

so when the bison men's basketball team made the dance a few years back did they play kansas as a d1 or d2 team?

The Buffalo men's basketball team was and is a D-I varsity team, as defined by the NCAA. There is a clearly defined division for D-I in basketball. There are not two D-I divisions in basketball.

It is clearly defined. There isn't any confusion.

The fact is, FBS, FCS, BCS is all very confusing. It's time to go back to calling it D-I, D-IAA, D-II, D-III to have clearly defined divisions without confusion. Having two divisions of D-I in football is ridiculous.

When what is known now at the FBS division has playoffs, stating with the four team playoff and I would imagine expanding from there, it will become more confusing.

• Upvote 1

The two divisions have been Division 1 since they were created in the 70's, they were called Division 1-A and Division 1-AA, then changed in name only about 5 years ago to Division 1-FBS and Division 1-FCS. Nothing has changed from day 1 except what they are called, and everybody knows the difference so who cares?

The names are probably going to be tweaked in the near future when their little "couzins club" championship starts, so it might be a moot point.

Not the world.

So what do you suggest that rename Division 1 Football Championship Subdivision too? You can't call it D2 because that would put teams like UCONN, Villanova, NDSU, UND, Montana, etc in the same level as Augustana, Sioux Falls, and Minot State. You can't do that. So since you are so smart and have all the answers...what do you suggest they do??!!