SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Playoffs

Cratter

Honestly, neutral site, right now, I'd take Georgia Southern over NDSU. Why? They were very close on NDSU's field, and then there's the revenge factor.

Again, NDSU has a better record away from the Fargodome over the past 2 years. How much of a home field advantage do they really have?

Not sure this requires explanation but...ok.

For my comment to be considered arrogant, there would have to be a team that meets the criteria(outside of top 30) that would be such an overwhelming favorite over NDSU that it would be ridiculous to pick NDSU to win the game on a neutral field. eg. Alabama. NDSU would be such a decided underdog in this game that it wouldn't be reasonable for anyone to pick them.

ie. There would have to be a team that Dave thinks would beat NDSU pretty badly for me not to pick them on a neutral field.

So name the team Dave. Who is it that is so much better than NDSU outside the top 30 that you called my comments arrogant?

you are backtracking. You said you would take them, meaning they would BEAT, any team outside of Top 30..no questions asked.

you are backtracking. You said you would take them, meaning they would BEAT, any team outside of Top 30..no questions asked.

No, I am not backtracking. You're right I said I would take them, meaning I would pick them to win. I haven't backed away from that at all.

Dave called my post arrogant, implying that to suggest NDSU could beat them is ridiculous. To suggest it is ridiculous that NDSU could beat them implies there is a team that he feels would beat NDSU badly that meets my criteria. So I asked him which team he feels would beat NDSU so badly that he felt my post was arrogant.

If you think there is a team that might beat NDSU, but the game would be very close, than it wouldn't be ridiculous for me to pick NDSU in that game now would it?

I know it's early, but this isn't complicated logic.

Silly discussion. Bottom line - SU is damn good and would not embarrass themselves against many FBS teams and would beat a lot of them.

No, he said they would beat them. Not just 'stay close and not embarrass themselves.'. That is a level of arrogance that needs to be called out.

No, he said they would beat them. Not just 'stay close and not embarrass themselves.'. That is a level of arrogance that needs to be called out.

Yeah, the level of arrogance that is backed up by sagarin and at least one voter in the AP poll. I am sure you know so much better though. Teach me more about this arrogance thing, you seem to have it pretty much nailed..

Again, NDSU has a better record away from the Fargodome over the past 2 years. How much of a home field advantage do they really have?

I stand by my statement:

GSU was the closest to NDSU of late, and it was in Fargo.

Put it on a neutral field and add in the GSU revenge factor and I'll take GSU.

I don't even know what to say anymore. You lost to Indiana State at home but would go on the road to a neutral site and beat USC. Got it.

Question: has NDSU ever played an FBS team ranked in the Top 50 of the Sagarin Rankings? Top 60? Top 70? Go check it out and let me know the answer.

I don't even know what to say anymore. You lost to Indiana State at home but would go on the road to a neutral site and beat USC. Got it.

Question: has NDSU ever played an FBS team ranked in the Top 50 of the Sagarin Rankings? Top 60? Top 70? Go check it out and let me know the answer.

Again, are you watching these football games or just spouting random things to make yourself feel better?

For the record, I am not trying to say NDSU is bad. They are very good. The statements that have been said are so over the top, blanket statements that leave absolutely no room for discussion in Bison06's mind. Personally, I think it would be a different world if NDSU would actually play an FBS team that is ranked in the Top 50 even of the Sagarin ratings, on a neutral field, in the middle of the year when it means something. But that is what message boards are for.

I stand by my statement:

GSU was the closest to NDSU of late, and it was in Fargo.

Put it on a neutral field and add in the GSU revenge factor and I'll take GSU.

You're welcome to believe that, I disagree. I had seen plenty of GSU football this year because I knew we would meet up with them in the playoffs so I watched closely.

We took their absolute best shot that night and still pulled out a victory. I would be surprised if they could repeat that performance based on the games I had watched.

You're welcome to believe that, I disagree. I had seen plenty of GSU football this year because I knew we would meet up with them in the playoffs so I watched closely.

We took their absolute best shot that night and still pulled out a victory. I would be surprised if they could repeat that performance based on the games I had watched.

One has to wonder how both Gsu and you guys got away without having kickers this year

I'm just guessing here, but 06 Minnesota and maybe 07 Central Michigan would meet that criteria.

For the record, I am not trying to say NDSU is bad. They are very good. The statements that have been said are so over the top, blanket statements that leave absolutely no room for discussion in Bison06's mind. Personally, I think it would be a different world if NDSU would actually play an FBS team that is ranked in the Top 50 even of the Sagarin ratings, on a neutral field, in the middle of the year when it means something. But that is what message boards are for.

How is it over the top?

They were voted at #25 in the AP poll by 1 voter, they finished the season #35 in the sagarin ratings. I think an unbiased observer would say they are right in line with the teams in the 30-40 range.

I'm sure it's hard for a UND fan to take that(not smack, honest) but I believe it to be true. You can disagree if you want, but to call it ridiculous is well...ridiculous.

One has to wonder how both Gsu and you guys got away without having kickers this year

You didn't think Keller was any good? He isn't the best they've had, but I didn't see that position as a glaring weakness. Did you?

You didn't think Keller was any good? He isn't the best they've had, but I didn't see that position as a glaring weakness. Did you?

Well his 50 yard fg attempt in the championship game would not have been a touchback since it barely reached the end zone.... One of the weakest legs I've ever seen on a college kicker. The skinny bama kicker thinks Keller has a weak leg.

Well his 50 yard fg attempt in the championship game would not have been a touchback since it barely reached the end zone.... One of the weakest legs I've ever seen on a college kicker. The skinny bama kicker thinks Keller has a weak leg.

Keller made some relatively long ones this year I believe. That kick was attrocious though.