SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

2 hours ago, crb1 said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/4406465-red-pepper-open-branch-wild-hog-building-create-new-menu-smokehouse

Get rid of the BBQ restaurant and add another Mexican restaurant. We probably need another Little Ceasers or Subway as well. 

I wad never a fan of the Wild Hog BBQ, but growing up in the south I am very bias. Keep hoping someone finally opens a decent 'que place in town, before I start thinking about doing it myself. 

5 hours ago, crb1 said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/4406465-red-pepper-open-branch-wild-hog-building-create-new-menu-smokehouse

Get rid of the BBQ restaurant and add another Mexican restaurant. We probably need another Little Ceasers or Subway as well. 

Little Caesars just closed on Washington and was replaced by Pete's-za

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, sprig said:

thought the red pepper/wild hog was opening end of February. Still not open, lots of electrician vans in front of the door today. Anyone know when it will open?

They have a different menu now, which seems to be a more fancier Red Pepper. 

D67865B7-D375-46F5-A256-1DBA04AA7DE4.png

12 minutes ago, sprig said:

Looks good,  when will it open

The bar side has remained open (with the new menu), though I believe they will be closed for a couple days this week while they do some construction. Not sure on the time frame for the Red Pepper side to open. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2018 at 7:22 AM, sprig said:

Looks like all the construction at the wild hog/ red pepper is complete. anyone know if the whole place is open yet

And the announcement has been tweeted:

You are officially invited to join us for our “soft open” this weekend, but please only share this news with friends & family!!! Saturday & Sunday hours: 11a-7p. 4401 S. Washington St. #GrandForks in the Wild Hog building. #RedPepper #Tacos #Grinders #WhiteSauce

Speaking of white sauce,

I had homemade Ranch dressing for the first time in about twenty years. Reminded me a lot of the Red Pepper's white sauce. Would make a very suitable substitute.

Equal parts Buttermilk and Mayo, add ranch packet: (This is the original "Ranch Dressing" recipe that Steven Henson served and made famous.)

Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix, Gluten Free - Pack of 24

34 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

This. Was up this weekend... why mess with the best.

Register your complaint when you go to one of the peppers. New buns have an almost bagel like consistency. Very dense heavy bread. Yuck, drown them in white sauce to barely make them edible. Guessing they are shipped in from somewhere frozen. I'll take a salami grinder with taco meat, hold the bun.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, sprig said:

Register your complaint when you go to one of the peppers. New buns have an almost bagel like consistency. Very dense heavy bread. Yuck, drown them in white sauce to barely make them edible. Guessing they are shipped in from somewhere frozen. I'll take a salami grinder with taco meat, hold the bun.

I was wondering if they started to make their own bread at the new south location to save $. Either way, it's a terrible move to mess with such a popular food item.

2 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I was wondering if they started to make their own bread at the new south location to save $. Either way, it's a terrible move to mess with such a popular food item.

I remember when the Hi-Ho in south Fargo switched to a different type of French fry a few years back......................they lasted maybe 4 weeks before they switched back to the original fries. The new fries were crap and everyone let management know.

12 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I remember when the Hi-Ho in south Fargo switched to a different type of French fry a few years back......................they lasted maybe 4 weeks before they switched back to the original fries. The new fries were crap and everyone let management know.

Hi-Ho kicks ass.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thought about bumping an earlier post from like 2013, but I will simply come out and say anew that Casa Mexico in EGF is deserving of your business. Maybe a second look if you haven't been in a while, or even if you were disappointed the last time. They have shown some real staying power (a veritable miracle in this market) and there is good reason.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Thought about bumping an earlier post from like 2013, but I will simply come out and say anew that Casa Mexico in EGF is deserving of your business. Maybe a second look if you haven't been in a while, or even if you were disappointed the last time. They have shown some real staying power (a veritable miracle in this market) and there is good reason.

Certainly the closest place to authentic Mexican cuisine.