SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Thought about bumping an earlier post from like 2013, but I will simply come out and say anew that Casa Mexico in EGF is deserving of your business. Maybe a second look if you haven't been in a while, or even if you were disappointed the last time. They have shown some real staying power (a veritable miracle in this market) and there is good reason.

agreed...sometimes slow service but that has never bothered me as much as some people that are always in a hurry....the food is really good

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

How is chick-Fil-A doing now that its been open a few months?

Is the quality staying up there, and is the demand still high? Is it on your normal rotation of go-to places?

Hysteria subsided pretty quick. Solid lunch crowds (never so much that I turned around and left). Drive thru very steady into the late evenings.

Breakfast crowds have been very light, which is a bit surprising because they have awesome biscuits.

7 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Always thought Chick Fil A was overrated.

..Still do.

Just curious...how does one "overrate" a fast food joint that serves a single meat product (excl. sausage biscuits) in about 5 total different ways?

Say it's bland, or tasteless, or too salty, or too greasy, or too expensive, or too cheap, or compare it to the similar offerings at other FF restaurants, or something.

One thing that is definitely NOT "overrated" is the service. Attentive and super polite. Table service, too, with refills brought to you.

• Upvote 1

Thank you,

Not having daily access to Chik-Fil-A I'm still enthralled at getting it when im in town.

I was very curious as to how it will wotk in Forks... Ive always been impressed with the service and quality of the food.. its almost impossible to choke down a chicken sanwich from anywhere in Bismarck after having chikfila. Also really like their grilled nuggets. 

I'm not female nor particularly health conscious, but I do like the chic-fil-a chicken, and it is the only chicken sandwich I'd eat. so I'm glad it's in Forks, and stop there frequently. It appears always be busy except for breakfast. Chicken for breakfast may still seem a bit odd for forkers.

The south end of Grand Forks now has a Red Pepper. My daugther loves their soft shell tacos. I like them as well. I also like the full Taco Grinder for $10.00. Scanning Twitter. Apparently, some don't like the new bread. I thought it was fine. 

1 hour ago, Goon said:

The south end of Grand Forks now has a Red Pepper. My daugther loves their soft shell tacos. I like them as well. I also like the full Taco Grinder for $10.00. Scanning Twitter. Apparently, some don't like the new bread. I thought it was fine. 

Sounds like they switched to the Hornbacher's bread in Grand Forks.  The Fargo location has always used it.  It's not as soft as the Hugo's bread and overpowers the rest of the sandwich a bit more.  Still good, just not as good.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Sounds like they switched to the Hornbacher's bread in Grand Forks.  The Fargo location has always used it.  It's not as soft as the Hugo's bread and overpowers the rest of the sandwich a bit more.  Still good, just not as good.

I actually, liked it. I thought it was an improvement. 

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Are the rest of the grinder ingredients the same at RP East as the original RP?

Don't know. The other option is buy the buns at hugos, pint of white sauce and taco meat from rp, regular summer  sausage and white American from l&m, and any  store for shredded iceberg lettuce,  and a red pepper sauce from your fridge (cholula is my choice). And you have a rp salami grinder with taco meat

5 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Are the rest of the grinder ingredients the same at RP East as the original RP?

taco meat slight different as in bit meatier.  White sauce also slightly runnier and maybe bit more pepper so does taste bit different.  Shredded cheese is big difference.

Deals at East and more side options like tators (ole's).  Zep (all meats) used to be half price on Mondays not sure anymore.  Tuesdays are 2 for 1 tacos.

6 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Sounds like Hornbachers is still working on the formula to try and emulate the old Hugos buns.  The current product isn't the end product right now.

They need to announce it when they figure it out. I won't eat another hoping for it to be changed.