SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

23 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

Don't blame the barista!  You're already stupid enough to pay $7 for a cup of coffee with a little cream in it - who's the real tool?*

* - HINT - it's you!

The ember... Nice people nice environment

5 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Anyone been to Varsity Ice House? How is it?

Yes. Imagine the Loft but without stairs. I think the tables are too big too. Tried going to watch the game Friday and the parking lot made it seem like we’d be able to find a spot but all tables were taken but not full. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Anyone been to Varsity Ice House? How is it?

went one time....limited beer menu but still enough variety to be good

got the cheese curds (as usual) and they were fine

bartender was nice..sat at the bar.

buddy got the chicken barbque wrap and it was enough to feed two people....and he said it was awesome

same buddy went back a week later and got the wings and the said they were some of the best he's had in town....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Yes. Imagine the Loft but without stairs. 

Didn't seem anything like the Loft to me.

Even if it's the same owners.

Agree with the large tables.

The food was good.

• Upvote 1

On 3/30/2024 at 7:30 AM, Oxbow6 said:

If it's fresh it's mid.

I don’t get all that Panda Express hate, it’s really not that bad for fast food. Obviously I’ve had some better Chinese at a sit down but for something quick it’s pretty decent. If you lived in Minot you would appreciate a Panda Express over the other Chinese restaurants in the mall!

22 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I don’t get all that Panda Express hate, it’s really not that bad for fast food. Obviously I’ve had some better Chinese at a sit down but for something quick it’s pretty decent. If you lived in Minot you would appreciate a Panda Express over the other Chinese restaurants in the mall!

I know howbyou feel....

That's the thing .... if you dont have it close and it's very infrequent it "seems good"... Ive certainly felt that way before

But what Ive found is It's like the Mandela effect of food.

Once you have one close or in town and you visit it a few more times .... you see how truly average or below average it is.

.... and don't look at the floor innthe cooking area... disgusting.

i thought i saw on half brothers facebook that they were retiring their old pizza "oven" and going to a more traditonal way of baking them and whatnot.....now i see that they are suspending pizza service til they can find more help on the kitchen side...

sad.

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i thought i saw on half brothers facebook that they were retiring their old pizza "oven" and going to a more traditonal way of baking them and whatnot.....now i see that they are suspending pizza service til they can find more help on the kitchen side...

sad.

The owners are out here blasting to the media how they can't find anyone to work because they offer some of the lowest wages in the city.

Odd flex.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Cratter said:

The owners are out here blasting to the media how they can't find anyone to work because they offer some of the lowest wages in the city.

Odd flex.

doesn't our next new mayor work there (inbetween gender affirming care in they/them seattle trips)?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

doesn't our next new mayor work there (inbetween gender affirming care in they/them seattle trips)?

Such a sad state of mental illness with such individual it feels shameful talking about "them."

Especially when you see "their" gofundme" page.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Such a sad state of mental illness with such individual it feels shameful talking about "them."

I also see he's in favor of the green new deal........will he be walking to Seattle and back every time he heads west?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952k1t865qnfv9b67t2gv9

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

mind your own business!  This thread is about Where to Eat in GF - get back on topic.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

I also see he's in favor of the green new deal........will he be walking to Seattle and back every time he heads west?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952k1t865qnfv9b67t2gv9

and you too!  Mind your own business.  Another screechy little girl (also a cat owner from what i understand) put up a GoFundMe to buy out a local college coach.   How did that turn out?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

mind your own business! 

Oops. I responded to a question about a Grand Forks mayoral candidate. 

Please forgive me.

We agree though:

As my point was a polite society wouldn't talk about such a person, even if they are a public figure.

Especially at SS with a no politics policy.