SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

Hopefully this is legit - and it sounds like it may be. He had another tweet asking Kotelnicki to call him (which I thought it was a dead period, but once you receive the LOI that is probably null). This made this class that much better!!

EDIT: Oskie / Fritz - get on it :)

If true it would be the 3rd last-minute decommit for UNI...something going on there?

Looking at his twitter, it appears Opara is a done deal. With that being said, the reasoning behind no announcement is strange to say the least. Perhaps there was simply a paperwork issue of some kind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLZ9f2Gg0Yg

Whatever the details may be, he is a good football player and he could really help out our secondary.

congrats to all the coaches (especially coach luke by the looks of it) for putting in a lot of miles and hours to get this class put together....hopefully there a more than a few gamechangers in this recruiting class...

congrats to southern university for being the only fcs school to grab an espn 300 player...

anyone know what the crowd was like at the alerus?? from what i've heard it was pretty low....suggestion? how about actually having it on CAMPUS? ? the gorecki alumni center would be perfect for it...heck even have it at the union upstairs in the ballroom??

congrats to all the coaches (especially coach luke by the looks of it) for putting in a lot of miles and hours to get this class put together....hopefully there a more than a few gamechangers in this recruiting class...

congrats to southern university for being the only fcs school to grab an espn 300 player...

anyone know what the crowd was like at the alerus?? from what i've heard it was pretty low....suggestion? how about actually having it on CAMPUS? ? the gorecki alumni center would be perfect for it...heck even have it at the union upstairs in the ballroom??

Gorecki would be the only place they could serve alcohol on campus. That is usually a consideration when planning any type event like this.

From SFI this morning....

Yeah, I saw that tweet from him this morning. Because of how strange it seems that his name hasn't been added to our recruiting class, I'm going to temper my enthusiasm until there is more difinitve word from UND. Very excited if true.

I see Ryan Stendler is now a two-star recruit on rivals. Didn't they have him as a "no-star" prospect before NIU came into the picture? It seems pretty lame to change a kid's grade this late.

Also, regarding Stendler, I see NIU is bringing him in as a TE, along with two other TEs. But their site has him listed at 6-4, 250. I thought the last I heard was 6-2, 220. Would have fit the mold perfectly for what we're bringing in for DEs.

Did UND put out the schedule of radio spots Muss was going to do to talk about the team? UND mentioned it yesterday that they would let everyone know.

Speaking of radio, can he and his brother make a new Subway commercial? It's time to move on from the "Great West Conference Champions" angle.

Speaking of radio, can he and his brother make a new Subway commercial? It's time to move on from the "Great West Conference Champions" angle.

Uh, Muss and brother Muss commercials are stale no matter who they are for. Time to cut some new material.

Seems they've called Zach Parise and he's cut a UND radio spot.

Why not call Chris Kuper and ask him if he's willing to do the same. <-- See how I looped my diversion back to football. ;)

Yesterday was signing *day* so fax early, fax late, no matter. Actually, this is a signing period. (I won't speculate for how long because I'll surely be corrected if I do.) If they got another DB (specifically CB) all the better.

In the press conference yesterday, Mussman said they will be bringing in another LB "in the next week" as well.

In the press conference yesterday, Mussman said they will be bringing in another LB "in the next week" as well.

Probably similar to how they brought in JD Allen a little late last year. Or the Brown's (Dwayne and Chris) the year before.

Congrats to all the guys who signed their letters yesterday. Welcome to UND.

Great article in the Herald. http://www.grandfork...icle/id/255890/

I like the part of Mussman talking about Dustin Iverson and that 9 kids out of the 12 that visited the same weekend as him committed and the role he played.

“He stayed in touch with those guys on Twitter and Facebook. He’s got inner-city Chicago kids wanting to go out to western North Dakota and shoot coyotes.”

To me his tweet to kotelnicki to call him was a bit of a red flag....

As in he's doing it for show?? Trying to get someone else to offer or what? I don't know much/anything about the kid..... is the problem academics or why are we thinking he's not actually coming to UND?