SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

This is the last time I'm responding to you on this because it's becoming very apparent that you lack the requisite ability to comprehend what you read which is important when trying to make a point. I did not say he was an awful football player, kid, athlete, or fit. What I said was that he has awful mechanics. I complimented the kid on literally everything except his mechanics. Strong arm, mobile, tall, big frame, quick feet, toughness and qualities of his. The main point in my post was that he could end up at UND because of his mechanics and we would reap the benefits. In no way shape or form did I shred this kid, he's a good player and I hope we get him. If he had nothing to work on he'd be playing in the SEC and would be the 1st overall pick three years later. God forbid someone would dare to say he has anything that isn't perfect. There's nothing wrong with being honest.

Besides calling me stupid, you missed the point completely. I wasn't talking about 1 person, I was talking about nearly every post I have read from you. Don't get me wrong, you make some valid points, but it would be nice to see someone say something positive about about a recruit/transfer rather than pointing out fault.

You don't have to worry about responding to me, I won't be responding or posting on this site going forward. Thanks for the debate!

Looks like we may have another walk on or preferred walk on. Zach Selland, a 6'4" WR out of Oregon lists University of North Dakota commit on his Twitter page. Also a good baseball player it seems.

http://www.hudl.com/...zachary-selland

Another kid who Dustin Iverson apparently had significant influence over his coming to UND. He sure sounds excited about playing ball for us.

Sorry, not familiar with who Dustin Iverson is??

He's a UND recruit out of western North Dakota (Elgin, N.D.), at fullback. He's a pretty good basketball player, too. Evidently, he befriended a number of out of state recruits during visits to UND and kept in touch with them online. He was like a UND booster, recruiter and recruit all in one. Sounds like a neat kid who's really enthusiastic about UND and others want to be around him.

He's a UND recruit out of western North Dakota (Elgin, N.D.), at fullback. He's a pretty good basketball player, too. Evidently, he befriended a number of out of state recruits during visits to UND and kept in touch with them online. He was like a UND booster, recruiter and recruit all in one. Sounds like a neat kid who's really enthusiastic about UND and others want to be around him.

Thanks, Teeder! I do remember him now.

Exactly, he is the type of player every team needs. Who knows how good he will be but he has clearly already made a big impact on the program.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a bad feeling that Sam Riddle might not end up on campus. I don't know anything but that's just my feeling.

I think he'll make it to campus but I think I get where you're coming from. Hoping once he's here he stays. He looks like a good get for UND.

I am not so sure you want to use arguably the best college football player ever as an example for your point. His poor mechanics suited him just fine at the college game, got him a heisman, and drafted in the first round. Let's be honest here though, we are a middle of the pack FCS team in the big sky conference, anyone that has the size, arm, and mechanics will be going to a big time FBS program. Mechanics by themselves don't lead to results, but they certainly help with consistency as you mentioned.

This attitude must change or we'll never win anything significant in football again. This is another example of the lowering of expectations that I have seen in all our sports; but it is especially prominent in football. Our long-term goal is to be a top-notch FCS team in the Big Sky Conference and an annual contender for the FCS championship. If we don't think like a champion, we'll never be a champion.

• Upvote 2