SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Schedule?

WalkOn79

The UCA payment to UND (buyout) probably paid for bringing PSU in.

Scheduling a game is much more than writing a school name on a calendar.

Yes, I realize it takes cash by the basketful to get a D1 school to GF, but we all knew what was coming when the D1 move was made. Everyone on top surely knew it was going to be a lot more costly to run the athletic dept. I sure would like to buy out the Mine game and bring in a quality opponent.

If UND goes 7-4 next year and misses the playoffs, look directly to Brian Faison's office for accountability on this. He knows the consequences of scheduling the Mines game. This game limits the room for error for UND next year in their 1st season in the Big Sky and FCS playoff eligibility. 7-4 will no doubt be tough for UND to get to next year, that is a given. So maybe this point eventually becomes moot.

The worst part is that the coaching staff and players would be the ones being punished for it. This game takes away the power from them even if they win it handily like they will.

Goal #1 is to make the playoffs every year for the CHANCE to win the National Championship. This game hurts UND's chances in reaching that ultimate goal.

I simply do not and will never understand this decision by Mr. Faison, who otherwise does a great job overall 'managing' the UND Athletic Dept. from what I can tell.

• Upvote 2

If UND goes 7-4 next year and misses the playoffs, look directly to Brian Faison's office for accountability on this. He knows the consequences of scheduling the Mines game. This game limits the room for error for UND next year in their 1st season in the Big Sky and FCS playoff eligibility. 7-4 will no doubt be tough for UND to get to next year, that is a given. So maybe this point eventually becomes moot.

The worst part is that the coaching staff and players would be the ones being punished for it. This game takes away the power from them even if they win it handily like they will.

Goal #1 is to make the playoffs every year for the CHANCE to win the National Championship. This game hurts UND's chances in reaching that ultimate goal.

I simply do not and will never understand this decision by Mr. Faison, who otherwise does a great job overall 'managing' the UND Athletic Dept. from what I can tell.

I agree with your feelings on this, but I don't think this team will qualify for the playoffs next year with or without SD Mines on the schedule. The team is still a work in progress, especially at the QB position. But in future years, this type of scheduling will hurt us sooner or later.

I agree 100%. The chances of making the playoffs next year are pretty slim but why not give yourself the best chance possible? The only upside to this game is that they are saving a bunch of money by bussing up a dog. The athletic department bean counters like the game but I cannot find anybody else who does.

• Upvote 2

It's an out-of-this-world sandwich that The Red Pepper has built their entire name on. It's definitely worth having.

on a long sub-type bun, but wa-a-ay better than any subway, quizno, domino, etc sub.

really, though, its the garbage plate - before I ever heard of taco salad

on a long sub-type bun, but wa-a-ay better than any subway, quizno, domino, etc sub.

really, though, its the garbage plate - before I ever heard of taco salad

Just don't make the mistake of going to the Red Pepper East and ordering that sacrilegious zep grinder crap that tastes like a grinder that was found in the dumpster after sitting there for a week in the hot summer

Muddys typically has drawn an older crowd. However that is beginning to change a bit due to the new apartments right across the street. Kinda hit and miss though. But it has changed since the apartments have opened...

What's your definition of an older crowd. :xmas:

I know a bartender there, Ben, who is having a benefit tonight there. I will shortly be attending. I mentioned I heard that since the apt were built it was starting to draw an younger crowd too. He said he didn't necessarily agree.

Anybody who is older than me :)

I know a bartender there, Ben, who is having a benefit tonight there. I will shortly be attending. I mentioned I heard that since the apt were built it was starting to draw an younger crowd too. He said he didn't necessarily agree.

Being that I've been going there for close to 15 years might be why patrons are looking younger... :whistling:

• 3 weeks later...

Now, NDSU has to replace a home game for 2012.  Per Dom Izzo, Wagner pulled out.

This has happened on both ends of the valley too much.  I'm not sure what ADs can do about it.

They have had a need for a 6th game the entire time. Dom Izzo was crossing off Wagner from the list of potential opponents.

That just shows you how hard it is to get teams to ,come to North Dakota... NDSU has lots of of football money and they can't even get their home schedule filled.

But they won the National Championship so there should be a huge convoy of teams in line for the Fargodome...remember they could beat Alabama.

I still like the idea of having them buy out the SD mines game and have us come down there...

Doesn't work.

First weekend of the season (SD Mines @ UND) has "Bobby Mo" @ NDSU. Why would NDSU buy out "Bobby Mo" to play UND (and risk humiliation in the first game after a title)?

NDSU's open dates are now Sep 15 and 22 when UND plays @ San Diego State and @ Sac State. If I'm UND, I don't give either of those dates up for NDSU.

Doesn't work.

First weekend of the season (SD Mines @ UND) has "Bobby Mo" @ NDSU. Why would NDSU buy out "Bobby Mo" to play UND (and risk humiliation in the first game after a title)?

NDSU's open dates are now Sep 15 and 22 when UND plays @ San Diego State and @ Sac State. If I'm UND, I don't give either of those dates up for NDSU.

I wasn't familiar with NDSU's open dates. When NDSU was considering Wagner, who just added FAU for the first week of the season, I assumed that's what NDSU had open...the first week of the season. Nevermind I guess....

Doesn't work.

About as much risk as you losing to Mines!