SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Schedule?

WalkOn79

There are a lot of teams wanting home games (NDSU 1 of them) but someone has to give. Plus GT said there are teams not wanting to play the National Champions.

Seems to me there were a couple big sky teams with open dates. I hope something works out, it would be sweet if UND had an open date there. The bison have a cupcake, then CSU on the road, then two open dates followed by UNI on the road. Although CSU isn't exactly a powerhouse, there is a very high probability of them starting 1-3 if they went to FSU to fill their schedule. Although I'd take that over a 6th home game vs Minot State i guess...

Oh how interesting it would be if UND and NDSU had open dates and were just sitting there....

NDS-who? This is Sioux Sports, maybe discussion about that particular school should be taken to a different forum.
Sioux Sports? OK, thanks for the clarification. Would you let the rest of us know what other schools may be discussed around here? That should keep things nice and neat, although somewhat difficult and uninteresting in a thread discussion RE:SCHEDULING OTHER TEAMS

NDS-who?

This is Sioux Sports, maybe discussion about that particular school should be taken to a different forum.

Did you read my original post...the question was if UND was in the same situation as NDSU would it better to take a non-DI game or leave it at 10?

NDSU scheduled to play Robert Morris on Sept 1, same date the Sioux play the Hardrockers. Bison and Robert Morris both have open dates on Sept 22. Perhaps Robert Morris would be willing to move the game against the Bison to Sept 22 freeing up the Sept 1 date for the Bison and Sioux.

Problem solved. Rivalry renewed.

• Upvote 1

NDSU scheduled to play Robert Morris on Sept 1, same date the Sioux play the Hardrockers. Bison and Robert Morris both have open dates on Sept 22. Perhaps Robert Morris would be willing to move the game against the Bison to Sept 22 freeing up the Sept 1 date for the Bison and Sioux.

I like it.

Have tried to remove the second half of that game from my memory. Damn, that was painful.

But on the positive side, it forced the Yotes to upgrade the coaching staff.

I would love to eventually see the Sioux in the same conferences for all sports at the Yotes, but in the interim hope they can continue to play each other on a regular basis in all sports.

• Upvote 1

Have tried to remove the second half of that game from my memory. Damn, that was painful.

But on the positive side, it forced the Yotes to upgrade the coaching staff.

I would love to eventually see the Sioux in the same conferences for all sports at the Yotes, but in the interim hope they can continue to play each other on a regular basis in all sports.

Maybe Faison and the USD AD can schedule a home and home like UND did with SDSU. Maybe a Dakota rotation would be nice that way we play USD, SDSU, and NDSU. One Dakota team every year. As for playing in the same conference..with what is happening in the FBS maybe the BSC would merge with the MVFC. To cut down the number of conferences. Who knows this whole musical chairs of conferences and merging may continue for the next decade.

And the Bison would raise their FCS National Championship banner right in our faces and more than likely beat us. Isn't that ideal for most Bison fans?

• Upvote 1

I like it.

Me TOO!!! Let's party!!!!! That S of Mimes game really sucks for you guys. And, to answer a question posed-->NDSU will not, I repeat, WILL NOT schedule a team less than FCS-->not gonna happen. We would go with 10 games. It would suck, but there is no way we schedule DII or lower.

Me TOO!!! Let's party!!!!! That S of Mimes game really sucks for you guys. And, to answer a question posed-->NDSU will not, I repeat, WILL NOT schedule a team less than FCS-->not gonna happen. We would go with 10 games. It would suck, but there is no way we schedule DII or lower.

I can only imagine the bisonville thermonuclear meltdown if you lost.

That would mean 5 home games instead of 6. I thought it was NDSU's rule 6 home games or nothing.

As for moving the games around that works out for my thought of a Dakota team per year.

2012 @ NDSU

2013 vs SDSU (already scheduled)

2014 at USD (2011 we hosted USD)

2015 vs NDSU

How about it??

I can only imagine the bisonville thermonuclear meltdown if you lost.

That might actually be an understatement. It would be cataclysmic in nature for Bisonville if we were to lose.

Think of it though. We are coming off a National Championship, you guys are just coming out of transition and (not rubbing anthing in here) it would be your first FB game without the Sioux nickname between arch-rivals from Nodak. The hype that would build from the day it was announced to kickoff would be incredible and the game day atmophere would be huge!!!

It's perfect when you think about it!!! I just hope like hell we wouldn't lose, but, hey, AGS right??!!!

That would mean 5 home games instead of 6. I thought it was NDSU's rule 6 home games or nothing.

As for moving the games around that works out for my thought of a Dakota team per year.

2012 @ NDSU

2013 vs SDSU (already scheduled)

2014 at USD (2011 we hosted USD)

2015 vs NDSU

How about it??

6 home games is our ideal schedule-->no question about that. Gene Taylor would not risk the wrath that would come upon him if we scheduled lower than FCS. It's just not worth it.

That said, I have no problem with your proposed No/Sodak games. Works for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Temple announced today that they are leaving the MAC immediately for the Big East in football. That means every MAC team just lost a game on their 2012 schedule. All the remaining MAC teams seem to have taken their MAC schedules off their websites but a quick survey of their OOC schedules shows Ball State with only 1 of their 4 OOC games at home. If Ball State was originally scheduled to play Temple at home in 2012 they could be desperate for a home game. Oh, and they do not have a game scheduled for September 1st...........

Temple announced today that they are leaving the MAC immediately for the Big East in football. That means every MAC team just lost a game on their 2012 schedule. All the remaining MAC teams seem to have taken their MAC schedules off their websites but a quick survey of their OOC schedules shows Ball State with only 1 of their 4 OOC games at home. If Ball State was originally scheduled to play Temple at home in 2012 they could be desperate for a home game. Oh, and they do not have a game scheduled for September 1st...........

So UND should play Ball State instead of SD School of Mines...let me think of that......SCHEDULE IT!!!!

Just looked it up...Ball State did NOT have Temple on the schedule....but Eastern Michigan did and they are open on the first.