SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Schedule?

WalkOn79

We heard the same talk before the basketball game a few weeks ago.

Yeah, but you gotta remember that ....

1. the game didn't mean as much to them.

2. they were looking past UND toward the SDSU game.

3. (my personal fave) they were "playing down" to UND.

4. they didn't show up to play, as it was a "meaningless' OOC game.

5. they would win 9 out of 10 games against UND.

6. Pat Sweeney "homered" Dom Izzo so much, causing Dom to say nice things about UND, that the balance of the universe was thrown off enough to favor a UND victory.

7. but football.

8. but(t) hurts.

Take your pick. Heard 'em all before. Listen, NDSU is a very good team in bastekeball, football, volleyball, soccer, etc., relative to other teams in FCS and the mid-major level. There is no denying it. UND, too, is fielding very good teams relative to its competitive landscape. But the arrogance and excuses from both sides just gets nauseating.

• Upvote 3

Yeah, but you gotta remember that ....

1. the game didn't mean as much to them.

2. they were looking past UND toward the SDSU game.

3. (my personal fave) they were "playing down" to UND.

4. they didn't show up to play, as it was a "meaningless' OOC game.

5. they would win 9 out of 10 games against UND.

6. Pat Sweeney "homered" Dom Izzo so much, causing Dom to say nice things about UND, that the balance of the universe was thrown off enough to favor a UND victory.

7. but football.

8. but(t) hurts.

Take your pick. Heard 'em all before. Listen, NDSU is a very good team in bastekeball, football, volleyball, soccer, etc., relative to other teams in FCS and the mid-major level. There is no denying it. UND, too, is fielding very good teams relative to its competitive landscape. But the arrogance and excuses from both sides just gets nauseating.

UND basketball has shown a couple good flashes this year (NDSU and SDSU) but as a whole, I would say they are still a year away from being 'good.' I'm expecting us to do better in bb in the bigsky than football next year. NDSU and SDSU have better basketball teams, especially SDSU, but we still won, and i'll take it.

In topic related news, anyone hearing anything?

We just might have a new winner in the "most ignorant post of all-time" category. The arrogance of these blowhard Bison boosters is beyond nauseating. They make New York Yankee fans seem humble and mild mannered by comparison. Now, in all fairness I may only notice it more because of where I am located geographically, but based on my personal observartions NDSU has the most obnoxious fanbase of any pro or college team anywhere. The behavior of their fans makes it virtually impossible to not despise their teams.

Really? After your close games with UNC and Sioux Falls last year? Maybe you should move North?

Montana state got killed in the playoffs too.....

Haha you are such a troll. That is a poor comeback because even though they didn't perform very well in the second round of the playoffs; they certainly were a top 25 team the entire season. Which was the point of my first comment; but since you are a bison fan I understand that you are a bit slow so I forgive you.

Haha you are such a troll. That is a poor comeback because even though they didn't perform very well in the second round of the playoffs; they certainly were a top 25 team the entire season. Which was the point of my first comment; but since you are a bison fan I understand that you are a bit slow so I forgive you.

Just goes to show you BSC is usually a 2 team race and now with the new additional teams, the teams that don't have the Montana's on the schedule have the under hand for the (maybe) third spot. This year Montana was the only real good team in the BSC.

Just goes to show you BSC is usually a 2 team race and now with the new additional teams, the teams that don't have the Montana's on the schedule have the under hand for the (maybe) third spot. This year Montana was the only real good team in the BSC.

BSC Champions (when it wasn't just Montana or MSU):

2010- MSU, EWU

2008-WSU, UM

2005-EWU, UM, MSU (MSU didn't go to playoffs)

2004- UM, EWU

2003-MSU, UM, NAU

2002-MSU, UM, ISU (ISU didn't make playoffs)

1997-EWU (the last year a Montana team did NOT win at least a share of the conference title)

For Bison fans:

2011-NDSU, UNI

2010-UNI

2009-SIU

2008-SIU-UNI

2007- UNI

2006-YSU

2005-NIU, SIU, YSU

2004-SIU

2002-last time SIU, YSU, and UNI did not win the conference...WIU and W. Kentucky

The MVFC is just like your BSC/Montana theory. UNI rules that conference.

Just like NDSU was the only real good team from 'the valley'

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

thank god Wisconsin doesn't have an in-state rival. this crap you guys argue about is so stupid.

for 1. und should be proud to be in the bsc,which u guys are.... it is a good conference, along with the mvfc and gw

2. ndsu fans should be able to gloat, they are national champions

3. what is all the arguing for?

i will be honest, ndsu is the better program right now, but there is no doubt in my mind und will be right up with ndsu within the near future. Just like it was when i used to follow Jake Morris, a running back from the state of wisc back in the 90's.

you guys have an intense rivalry, but i dont know if i envy all of this garbage, maybe its because i'm used to just beating to crap out of MN so they keep their mouths shut ha ha

anyways, take care

thank god Wisconsin doesn't have an in-state rival. this crap you guys argue about is so stupid.

for 1. und should be proud to be in the bsc,which u guys are.... it is a good conference, along with the mvfc and gw

2. ndsu fans should be able to gloat, they are national champions

3. what is all the arguing for?

i will be honest, ndsu is the better program right now, but there is no doubt in my mind und will be right up with ndsu within the near future. Just like it was when i used to follow Jake Morris, a running back from the state of wisc back in the 90's.

you guys have an intense rivalry, but i dont know if i envy all of this garbage, maybe its because i'm used to just beating to crap out of MN so they keep their mouths shut ha ha

anyways, take care

Agree except that you should have stated "NDSU is the better team right now".

Time running out for NDSU as there are only 34 FCS teams (per a tweet from Dom Izzo) left for NDSU to try to schedule 1 game for 2012. Lakes's hope on Oklahoma failed as they scheduled Florida A&M. Now his hopes are on Florida State. If NDSU runs out of time would they dare schedule a non DI opponent? Or have a 10 game season? What should UND do if caught in this situation...10 game season or a NAIA/DII team?

Time running out for NDSU as there are only 34 FCS teams (per a tweet from Dom Izzo) left for NDSU to try to schedule 1 game for 2012. Lakes's hope on Oklahoma failed as they scheduled Florida A&M. Now his hopes are on Florida State. If NDSU runs out of time would they dare schedule a non DI opponent? Or have a 10 game season? What should UND do if caught in this situation...10 game season or a NAIA/DII team?

Look at the 2012 schedule for your answer...

So you would rather play 10 games instead of a DII? If we had 1 spot to fill.

If those are the only 2 options then no, but now that UND has a real conference (I think) and is through the transition they shouldn't have to resort to games like Sioux Falls and Mines if they are on the ball scheduling unless someone bails out late, but that can happen to anyone.

If those are the only 2 options then no, but now that UND has a real conference (I think) and is through the transition they shouldn't have to resort to games like Sioux Falls and Mines if they are on the ball scheduling unless someone bails out late, but that can happen to anyone.

I agree but soon NDSU is going to face the problem of DII/NAIA or a 10 game season, and I wanted to know if UND had that choice what would do if you were Brian Faison? I would schedule it just to get players warmed up but you do run the risk of injuries too. It would be a tough call.

I agree but soon NDSU is going to face the problem of DII/NAIA or a 10 game season, and I wanted to know if UND had that choice what would do if you were Brian Faison? I would schedule it just to get players warmed up but you do run the risk of injuries too. It would be a tough call.

Well you would have to schedule it because it would be a home game and would provide not only revenue but experience for your team going into the conference, but I still think it could be avoided.

Why do you say that NDSU will be facing that scenario soon?

Well you would have to schedule it because it would be a home game and would provide not only revenue but experience for your team going into the conference, but I still think it could be avoided.

Why do you say that NDSU will be facing that scenario soon?

According to Dom Izzo of WDAY sports...NDSU is down to 34 possible FCS teams left, and I don't know if they want 2 FBS games. Also the FBS teams are filling up as well. So hypothetically if they couldn't fill that spot would they break their 4 year streak of no non-DI team and schedule a Sioux Falls or MSU-Moorhead or stick with 10 games.

According to Dom Izzo of WDAY sports...NDSU is down to 34 possible FCS teams left, and I don't know if they want 2 FBS games. Also the FBS teams are filling up as well. So hypothetically if they couldn't fill that spot would they break their 4 year streak of no non-DI team and schedule a Sioux Falls or MSU-Moorhead or stick with 10 games.

OK I did see that, but I wonder if that is more of them being too choosy about who they take rather than not being able to schedule a game at all?

They really shouldn't have a problem getting a game either but the clock is ticking so they better pull the trigger soon.

OK I did see that, but I wonder if that is more of them being too choosy about who they take rather than not being able to schedule a game at all?

They really shouldn't have a problem getting a game either but the clock is ticking so they better pull the trigger soon.

There are a lot of teams wanting home games (NDSU 1 of them) but someone has to give. Plus GT said there are teams not wanting to play the National Champions.

There are a lot of teams wanting home games (NDSU 1 of them) but someone has to give. Plus GT said there are teams not wanting to play the National Champions.

I can understand all of that, NDSU should require a home game being NC's and I can understand why teams don't want to play there...get your ass kicked and start 0-1 in your quest for 7 wins. Welcome to the world of winning D1 football Bison, get your checkbooks out and buy a game.

I wonder how long the staring game can go before the blinking starts?