SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Schedule?

WalkOn79

I've never understood the infatuation with the Red Pepper..................

I'd take a microwavable Flatlander/Pugsley's Taco Grinder over one of their's any day.....................................

Sacrilege! The white sauce alone is worth the trouble. I'll take a whole turkey grinder with taco meat heated right now, please! :)

• Upvote 1

Sacrilege! The white sauce alone is worth the trouble. I'll take a whole turkey grinder with taco meat heated right now, please! :)

WTH? TRUE believers have the ham grinder. Turkey? Are you from Edina?

You must be a reformed Red Pepper customer.

I am an orthodox customer!

• Upvote 1

I am so disappointed in you guys!

Unless you've been to the Red Pepper, you've never really been to Grand Forks!

http://www.redpepper.com/

I've heard more pimping of this place than any other location in North Dakota. I have made two trips there. Once, drunk. It was solid. I left feeling content with what I just ate. Once, sober. Average would be an overgenerous word to describe the food.

I've heard more pimping of this place than any other location in North Dakota. I have made two trips there. Once, drunk. It was solid. I left feeling content with what I just ate. Once, sober. Average would be an overgenerous word to describe the food.

Unforutunately, that is the truth. It is more nostalgia and the "cool place to go" than anything. The meat is paper thin and the buns are generic. They live off of cheap white sauce that nobody else uses.

Anyone who ever went to the Grinder Shop in Bismarck back in the day knows how Grinders are supposed to be made. He took the recipe and did it right - absolutely no comparison.

• Upvote 1

it's not the food. it's the ambiance of the original place on University. it's historic when you go there. tens, probably hundreds, of thousands of UND athletes, students and Sioux fans have stood at that same counter, walked on those same, creaky floors and eaten there.

it's not the food. it's the ambiance of the original place on University. it's historic when you go there. tens, probably hundreds, of thousands of UND athletes, students and Sioux fans have stood at that same counter, walked on those same, creaky floors and eaten there.

Yeah that and the white sauce is legendary. But I don't know how much appeal it has if you're out of town...its almost like fast food....great for the locals.

WTH? TRUE believers have the ham grinder. Turkey? Are you from Edina?

You must be a reformed Red Pepper customer.

I am an orthodox customer!

No but I went to summer hockey camp once with a bunch of cake eater brats from Edina. That's as close as I've gotten. :sad: No offense intended to C. Gaarder. That kid's gonna be a stud here.

I was introduced to turkey grinders back in 1993 and never deviated from it. I'll have to get daring and try the ham sometime.

And about the quality of the food vs. the ambiance. It's mostly the tradition and ambiance and legend of Bruce Tellman that drives the nostalgia and so-called "pimping." If your not from Grand Forks, an alum of UND or a UND athletics fan, you probably will never get it.

1993? Rookie. :glare:

Yeah, that's when I enrolled at UND (after 3 years of fruitless efforts and successful partying at another school -- NOT NDSU), and was introduced to the Pepper two days before classes started. A bunch of guys and I Rollerbladed there (the original, on University Ave.) from Smith Hall, and I fell in love with the place even before I got there from all of the stories my more Pepper-experienced pals told me along the way.

Smith Hall? Put the shovel down. You're only making it worse.

Real men live in WALSH: Where All Ladies Seek Happiness.

Hey, what can I say? I was a late applicant so they stuck me in Smith with all the frosh. I swear I was the oldest student in the hall. They called me "grandpa" and the like. But I made a killing bootlegging booze and overcharging for my services. I hope the statute of limitations has run out on that little admission. :sad:

Does anyone know if they are going to leave that SD Mines game on the schedule? Also was it Faison who scheduled this crap game knowing in 2012 we would be playoff eligible?

It would appear that Faison was directly responsible for the Mines game. I have been hoping the game would be bought out, but it certainly doesn't look like it will happen. Big question is, why was it ever scheduled? Surely, there had to be a D1 game out there somewhere.

It would appear that Faison was directly responsible for the Mines game. I have been hoping the game would be bought out, but it certainly doesn't look like it will happen. Big question is, why was it ever scheduled? Surely, there had to be a D1 game out there somewhere.

The thing I don't get is...how do Faison replace the UCA game with Portland State so quickly but yet we can't get this garbage game off the slate in favor of a DI team.

Does anyone know if they are going to leave that SD Mines game on the schedule? Also was it Faison who scheduled this crap game knowing in 2012 we would be playoff eligible?

Be careful darell; if you complain about football scheduling too much, you'll be reminded that it's just too darn hard to get Division I teams to come to Grand Forks and that it's just too hard on the budget to pull it off. :silly: All sarcasm aside, I agree with you 100%

I think early on we should have cut some 2 for 1 deals (two road games for one home game) with schools to get them to come to Grand Forks. That would make it less tempting to skip out on us and it would establish us as a program that is willing to go anywhere, anytime, against anyone. That might have prevented the SD Mines game from ever being considered, let alone scheduled.

• Upvote 2

Be careful darell; if you complain about football scheduling too much, you'll be reminded that it's just too darn hard to get Division I teams to come to Grand Forks and that it's just too hard on the budget to pull it off. :silly: All sarcasm aside, I agree with you 100%

I think early on we should have cut some 2 for 1 deals (two road games for one home game) with schools to get them to come to Grand Forks. That would make it less tempting to skip out on us and it would establish us as a program that is willing to go anywhere, anytime, against anyone. That might have prevented the SD Mines game from ever being considered, let alone scheduled.

I hear its hard to schedule but somehow NDSU has no problems with it. Even when teams back out (GSU) they replace them with DI teams. No non DI team vs NDSU since 2006...can't UND follow that example?