SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Schedule?

WalkOn79

I think the mines game can be a looked at as a "work the kinks out" type of game before we enter a very tough schedule. Not happy about the non D1 aspect but it is what it is. Just win one game at a time.

I recently read that SDSU just had to release a star transfer from USC and they also lost a lot of starters from last season so if we play like we did at Fresno then who knows what can happen.

http://www.mwcconnection.com/2012/2/29/2834613/dillon-baxter-released-from-sdsu

how much would it cost us to get the sd mines game off the schedule anyways?

Not sure about the specifics but I would think that an FBS payday, even from a Ball State-type school, would cover the buyout and leave enough to make it an attractive option especially considering that it would put another D1 counter on our schedule.

Losing a home game would suck, but I'd rather have another shot at our first FBS win and then have our home opener against Portland State instead of SD Mines. Gotta think Portland State would draw a bigger crowd and more interest. If that home opener came off the heels of our first FBS win ever, gotta think we'd come pretty close to seeing our first Alerus sellout in a long time.

Bowling Green is paying us a few hundred thousand dollars in the next year or two or three so you think on short notice ball state would pay a decent amount to make sd mines go away and hopefully beat a beatable FBS school...and like you said that portland state game would be a nice home opener instead of a repeat of the crappy drake game from last year