SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Hockey Scores and Updates (Non-Sioux)

brianvf

Hold on there, kid. Nortre Dame has sunk it's ship this year, losing a lot of big games this year. Standing at 19-16-3 the fact they're still somewhat rated in the pairwise just screams what is wrong with that metric and hockey East media BS. Calling them a decent team, is almost somewhat irrelevant now. Calling Northeastern a decent team, are you kidding me?

Year and year out, the Sioux look to schedule the best teams out East if both teams can aligned with their pre-planned schedules for the year. The Gophers always and will continue to play a soft schedule. Have fun beating up on Penn State in the future, what a great "potential powerhouse team" ,right? :lol:

You're not understanding. Again, the Gophers can't control Notre Dame having a down year. The point is they are not a cupcake the Gophers scheduled. The Sioux had BC and Maine. The Gophers had Michigan State and Notre Dame. Not much difference IMO.

You're not understanding. Again, the Gophers can't control Notre Dame having a down year. The point is they are not a cupcake the Gophers scheduled. The Sioux had BC and Maine. The Gophers had Michigan State and Notre Dame. Not much difference IMO.

Are you kidding, Maine and BC would handle the Gophers two losses, brortha'. Gophers are soft.

Well the "soft" Gophers took 3/4 from the Sioux including a 6-2 beatdown at the Ralph.

in regards to scheduling...go back and track the last 10 years of non-conference schedules. UND has played more "traditional" powers in those games that UMTC. fact

The difficulty in scheduling UND right now is your stupid nickname, not Don Lucia. Why should Lucia even explore playing games with UND when the U has made it clear they will not play UND until the name is gone?

Funny, Wisconsin worked out a schedule with us, and back when we played Minnesota when we were all wondering why progress wasn't being made in scheduling, we were not the Sioux, so that argument falls on deaf ears. Now all of a sudden they have to find people to fill their schedule and they can't wait. Kind of sounds like the petty back and forth NDSU and UND went through when they said they didn't have room on their schedule and they end up playing teams like SD School of Mines.

Funny, Wisconsin worked out a schedule with us, and back when we played Minnesota when we were all wondering why progress wasn't being made in scheduling, we were not the Sioux, so that argument falls on deaf ears. Now all of a sudden they have to find people to fill their schedule and they can't wait. Kind of sounds like the petty back and forth NDSU and UND went through when they said they didn't have room on their schedule and they end up playing teams like SD School of Mines.

Wisconsin doesn't have 8 games a year locked up to in state opponents. That's the difference. Minnesota was working on this while UND was in talks with Wisconsin. This was more important to Minnesota, and it's rightfully so. Minnesota and UND will play again, but they might have a 2 year hiatus. I think once there's an opening on each teams schedule the teams will play each other every year. What happened to every single person on here a month and a half ago that was saying "We don't even care if we don't play Minnesota. Denver's a bigger rival."

Edited by GFG

Wisconsin doesn't have 8 games a year locked up to in state opponents. That's the difference. Minnesota was working on this while UND was in talks with Wisconsin. This was more important to Minnesota, and it's rightfully so. Minnesota and UND will play again, but they might have a 2 year hiatus. I think once there's an opening on each teams schedule the teams will play each other every year. What happened to every single person on here a month and a half ago that was saying "We don't even care if we don't play Minnesota. Denver's a bigger rival."

Frankly, I could care less if we played the Gophers right away. It is fun as a fan to watch these two teams play but once they move to different conferences it will just not be the same between the two teams on the ice. That's just my 2 cents....

When you say "every single person" and it was a few people, it isn't a counter argument. Yes, Minnesota does need to play those instates, but when you argue that you really want to play a rival like North Dakota, then lock up a four year agreement with Notre Dame, then are working on another agreement with Denver, I'll once again call it lip service. If you really want to play a rival, you can make it happen, just like you did with playing the instate teams. I was skeptical back then that they really wanted to play the Sioux, and so far both Schlossman and myself are skeptical now that they really want to work it out. Once again, I'll use the NDSU rivalry as a reference, when they really sat down in the other sports other than football, they figured out a way to make it work. The sports it hasn't worked out in, women's basketball and football, is because of the personalities and grudges that have kept it from coming to fruition.

This year is prime example. The Gophers are 7th in the pairwise, 7TH! If you win the WCHA regular season title you should not be that low, the team who finished 2nd in the WCHA is 2nd in the PWR. Maybe if the Gophers scheduled some teams that were actually good instead of padding their record they wouldn't be so low.

This is dead on!!!! "everybody wants to play the goofers" that is LAUGHABLE! No other team is desired like the goofs, that is so funny! Typical, but funny!

The difficulty in scheduling UND right now is your stupid nickname, not Don Lucia. Why should Lucia even explore playing games with UND when the U has made it clear they will not play UND until the name is gone?

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/137303883.html

Let's not omit facts next time. It's well documented that the University of North Dakota [no nickname] hockey team was making every effort to schedules games with Minnesota. Even without the "Fighting Sioux" nickname, Minnesota couldn't commit to keeping the rivalry alive. Notice how Roman's article refers to Minnesota as the "Gophers" and North Dakota as "UND".

This is dead on!!!! "everybody wants to play the goofers" that is LAUGHABLE! No other team is desired like the goofs, that is so funny! Typical, but funny!

I know UND has no problems (Except maybe the B1G schools) finding people that want to play games against us.

Read the start of this and see why your comment is off! Nobody said we wanted to play the goofs, just that sieve said so many teams want the goofs, more than any other and they (the royal goofs) can't please everyone, such a tool comment! On a Sioux blog mind you!

Read the start of this and see why your comment is off! Nobody said we wanted to play the goofs, just that sieve said so many teams want the goofs, more than any other and they (the royal goofs) can't please everyone, such a tool comment! On a Sioux blog mind you!

You're weird. And really really dumb. I NEVER said teams want to play the Gophers "more than any other" as you put it. But Minnesota is in a unique situation where there are FOUR OTHER in state programs we need to schedule. I'm sorry that you're simply not bright enough to grasp the difference between Minnesota's scheduling difficulties compared to UND's but I can't help you.

When you guys need to schedule non conference games with four other programs before you can even consider scheduling anyone else, then you can talk about how "easy" it should be to schedule someone. Until then, just shut up.

I get what he was trying to say. To an extent he's right. Programs like Minnesota AND UND probably have damn near every program in the nation knocking on their door to get games scheduled together.

I know from speaking with UM AD Joel Maturi, that if UND had dropped the nickname the rivalry with Minnesota would have continued immediately. He also told me that as long as UND is using the nickname they have no interest in talking about scheduling them either. Maturi told me that's not his choice, but the policy that the University has in place. He said that personally he would like to see the rivalry continue but that there's just nothing he can do about it at the moment. And since he's leaving his AD position June 30th, it seems highly unlikely that it will happen since the nickname will almost certainly still be in place at that time.

Frankly, I could care less if we played the Gophers right away. It is fun as a fan to watch these two teams play but once they move to different conferences it will just not be the same between the two teams on the ice. That's just my 2 cents....

I do fully agree with this. Sure it will remain heated if they play the first couple years since players will still know each other from past years. But after a couple years it just won't be the same. There's nothing at stake.

And in actual NCAA hockey news according to Brad, UAA's leading scorer has been kicked off the team due to academics. That's the second time this season UAA has lost its leading scorer. They lost the first one right around Christmas break.

Lucia has said from day one that he would like to keep the rivalry going with UND so Im not sure what you're talking about. But there are four in state programs who want to play the Gophers of course, and Im sure programs like DU and CC would like to keep the series going as well. There simply is not enough games to make everyone happy.

Read YOUR last sentence, than let me know who's dumb! Tool, I don't care about you right now, only the boys with the most banners in the WCHA! Except for runner up banners though, LMAO! GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!

I get what he was trying to say. To an extent he's right. Programs like Minnesota AND UND probably have damn near every program in the nation knocking on their door to get games scheduled together.

I know from speaking with UM AD Joel Maturi, that if UND had dropped the nickname the rivalry with Minnesota would have continued immediately. He also told me that as long as UND is using the nickname they have no interest in talking about scheduling them either. Maturi told me that's not his choice, but the policy that the University has in place. He said that personally he would like to see the rivalry continue but that there's just nothing he can do about it at the moment. And since he's leaving his AD position June 30th, it seems highly unlikely that it will happen since the nickname will almost certainly still be in place at that time.

I agree with YOU, especially the comment of they both have teams wanting them on their schedule. But toolboy sieve thinks only the goofs!

Good luck with your teams playoffs GFG, but for me, GO SIOUX!