SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

11 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Completely agree.

Yeah, kind of unfortunate but the best 13 year olds aren’t always the best 18/19/20 yr olds. I think we’re going to see more of this. Couple of our commits have fallen off a bit. On the flip side..kids like Mike Emerson get picked up. Win win sort of. When kids commit it goes both ways, they get a shot but they must keep developing. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Strathmann ranked in the 50s/60s of Craig Buttons rankings. Not bad. Perron must have slipped out 

Yeah seems he's slipped a little bit recently compared to his hot start.
2 points in his last 5 games...7 points in his last 10 games.

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

Yeah seems he's slipped a little bit recently compared to his hot start.
2 points in his last 5 games...7 points in his last 10 games.

Yeah he’s also playing with high end kids too. Pt/gm in the ushl is good but they have like 4-5 kids above his pace. Has tons of time to heat back up 

• Upvote 1

Not sure if this is better for this thread or the non-UND hockey thread but I think it's worth noting that Cole Spicer has 1 goal and 2 assists in 18 games this year. I know Duluth was down in the first half of the season but still noteworthy. All of our freshman are looking a lot better than that so far. Sure Blake and O-Mac have bad +/- and each needs to clean up that side of the puck but they are still producing at a much higher rate than Cole Spicer. Of course now that I said that, watch Spicer double his point total the weekend they play us :lol:

9 hours ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

Not sure if this is better for this thread or the non-UND hockey thread but I think it's worth noting that Cole Spicer has 1 goal and 2 assists in 18 games this year. I know Duluth was down in the first half of the season but still noteworthy. All of our freshman are looking a lot better than that so far. Sure Blake and O-Mac have bad +/- and each needs to clean up that side of the puck but they are still producing at a much higher rate than Cole Spicer. Of course now that I said that, watch Spicer double his point total the weekend they play us :lol:

The more I think about it, the more I think that if Ben Strinden has been on the bench as much as he has this season, Cole Spicer most likely wouldn't have been in the lineup very often, and if that would have been the case, most likely would have wanted to transfer out after the season anyway.  

• Upvote 2

On 1/11/2023 at 7:10 AM, tnt said:

The more I think about it, the more I think that if Ben Strinden has been on the bench as much as he has this season, Cole Spicer most likely wouldn't have been in the lineup very often, and if that would have been the case, most likely would have wanted to transfer out after the season anyway.  

Yep

Perron, who has signed a National Letter of Intent to play college hockey at UND, was ranked as the No. 28 North American skater for the 2023 NHL Draft by the NHL's Central Scouting Bureau. ... 

Defenseman Andrew Strathmann is the No. 67 North American skater. Defenseman Jake Livanavage, who was passed over in his first year of draft eligibility last summer, is the No. 137 North American skater.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/und-recruits-warroad-players-land-on-nhl-central-scoutings-2023-nhl-draft-rankings

For those of you home on MLK Day and with NHL Network ... 

Coming up at 4 Eastern, 3 Central: https://www.biosteelallamericangame.com/2023game 

Rosters: https://www.biosteelallamericangame.com/news_article/show/1255315 

Strathman and Emerson on Team White (Livanevage is injured scratch).