SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

4 minutes ago, Goon said:

Why would we need another forward? UND is 8th in scoring nationally. Scoring goals isn’t an issue. Defense and goaltending is the main issue. 

Here we agree.
And it's not even a D.
And the pipeline G doesn't appear to be an answer right now either. 

Play Johnson for a game. Make it clear the crease is open to first one to 0.900. <-- Yeah, just even that. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Play Johnson for a game. Make it clear the crease is open to first one to 0.900. <-- Yeah, just even that. 

I’d be game for this idea. Many times the team will rally and play better in front of different goaltenders. 
And if we got .900 save % each game, we’d probably have like 3-4+ more wins this season. 

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Here we agree.
And it's not even a D.

Top 3 goalies in the leave by GAA are all uncommitted. They’re all in the top 4 for save % too. Just saying. 

4D633DBC-EEC4-46EE-A1DD-EB0F0B1D7B1D.png

5 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Top 3 goalies in the leave by GAA are all uncommitted. They’re all in the top 4 for save % too. Just saying. 

4D633DBC-EEC4-46EE-A1DD-EB0F0B1D7B1D.png

Anton Castro is committed to BU.

Matej Marinov looks like he played pro 2 games in Slovakia 

Jack Spicer I've been high on 

Just now, cberkas said:

Oh, still shows on elite 

Yeah Elite has been a little slow on updating that this season. 

For example- Our newest commit Michael Emerson was still showing as committed to UMass and he decommitted at least a month ago. 

I just look at the USHL team line charts. Plus on Castro I saw a tweet about him decommitting. 

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Here we agree.
And it's not even a D.

Think that this is probably going to happen, and maybe they clamp down in front of him.

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

Guess not this weekend though...he didn't make the trip.

Maybe against the US Exhibition game or a Lindenwood game?

Surprises me he didn’t at least make the trip, but I think it’s time for a goalie to step up, and the team to step up and not allow as many quality scoring chances.

More on Emerson:

His original commitment from 2020 to UMass:

https://www.tapinto.net/towns/yorktown/sections/sports/articles/hockey-yorktown-s-emerson-chooses-division-1-umass

He was down to UMass, Harvard, and BU before committing to UMass.

The Herald article:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/und-lands-commitment-from-forward-michael-emerson

After deciding against attending UMass, Emerson took five visits. Four were to Eastern-based schools — Boston University, Northeastern, Quinnipiac and UConn. The other was to UND.

Pretty unique situation to be down to five schools with only one being out West.  Wonder how much influence his Chicago Steel teammates were to his UND recruitment:

This continues a pipeline from the Chicago Steel to UND.

The Fighting Hawks now have four commits playing for the Steel — Emerson, Perron, forward Grayden Slipec and defenseman Jake Livanavage.

Last season, Jackson Blake played for the Steel, too.

Emerson said Perron, Livanavage and Slipec had been hoping he'd join them as UND commits.

"Ever since I toured (UND), they were all on me about it," Emerson said. "They were super pumped when I told them today."

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, brianvf said:

More on Emerson:

His original commitment from 2020 to UMass:

https://www.tapinto.net/towns/yorktown/sections/sports/articles/hockey-yorktown-s-emerson-chooses-division-1-umass

He was down to UMass, Harvard, and BU before committing to UMass.

The Herald article:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/und-lands-commitment-from-forward-michael-emerson

Pretty unique situation to be down to five schools with only one being out West.  Wonder how much influence his Chicago Steel teammates were to his UND recruitment:

I get the feeling, UND is going to be loaded with skill based on some of the recruits they have coming in. Even with the mess in goal, the Freshmen forwards have been really good. Jackson Blake and O-Mac have been very good. Ben Strinden shows a lot of promise with his physicality and offensive skill. Also, Dylan James has shown glimpses of high-end skill. This pickup yesterday is also a positive. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, WoodChippa said:

Reports on Twitter suggest former UMass recruit Michael Emerson now committed to UND!

Seems to be a solid overage (undrafted) player. He’s on a good line so his number look solid. Hopefully he keeps it up, I’ve noticed the name looking at Chicago’s box scores but never locked into him much.

3 hours ago, Goon said:

I get the feeling, UND is going to be loaded with skill based on some of the recruits they have coming in. Even with the mess in goal, the Freshmen forwards have been really good. Jackson Blake and O-Mac have been very good. Ben Strinden shows a lot of promise with his physicality and offensive skill. Also, Dylan James has shown glimpses of high-end skill. This pickup yesterday is also a positive. 

That’s great and all, but skill doesn’t amount to wins as this year is showing.