SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

3 minutes ago, AJS said:

Boisvert / McInnis are in that group elite group.

Yes, that is correct.

Really depends how many players we need each year. I don’t like comparing to MN but that’s the comparison I usually do, they have a bunch of 05s, 06s. We have 2 elite 05s, 2/3 06s. The question is who they are surrounding them with.

7 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Actually that’s still fairly thin TBH. Perron and Strathmann both coming in next year…Swanson two years out. Coaching group needs more than that.

Boisvert, McInnis, too. I'm speaking about the quality of the group. Obviously we need more bodies.

5 minutes ago, AJS said:

Boisvert / McInnis are in that group elite group. Very intrigued by Wiebe & Livanavage as well. I will agree, thin at forward next year though big time.

Just now, stoneySIOUX said:

Boisvert, McInnis, too. I'm speaking about the quality of the group. Obviously we need more bodies.

We def have some intriguing prospects, just not a ton of them. ATM, I really am high on Strathmann and Swanson. Perron is obviously really nice too but I noticed his numbers plunged when Celebrini left for that U17 tourney so we’ll see. I’ll need to see more of McInnis but sounds like he’s a nice player with some high upside. Boisvert obviously nice too. Weibe seems like he’ll be a nice college dman with size skill but the BCHL is really tough to judge right now, pandemic really hurt those leagues. Jake L, time will tell. Obv has some O upside however he’s tiny. Curious how that transition will go…based on his numbers last season he should have gotten drafted, curious what the flaw is.

But we also have a handful of players in juniors that are struggling. Curious what will happen there.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

We def have some intriguing prospects, just not a ton of them. ATM, I really am high on Strathmann and Swanson. Perron is obviously really nice too but I noticed his numbers plunged when Celebrini left for that U17 tourney so we’ll see. I’ll need to see more of McInnis but sounds like he’s a nice player with some high upside. Boisvert obviously nice too. Weibe seems like he’ll be a nice college dman with size skill but the BCHL is really tough to judge right now, pandemic really hurt those leagues. Jake L, time will tell. Obv has some O upside however he’s tiny. Curious how that transition will go…based on his numbers last season he should have gotten drafted, curious what the flaw is.

But we also have a handful of players in juniors that are struggling. Curious what will happen there.

Couple things that stick out on Wiebe and Livanavage. Weibe is leading his team in scoring by four points. As a defenseman that is really impressive. Tied for the team lead in goals. Captain. Drafted last year by Vegas. Big as well at 6'3", 200lbs. For Livanavage, I like that he's invited to every international (Non-NTDP) tournament. Will be playing (w/ Strathmann) at the upcoming Junior A Challenge.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

Actually that’s still fairly thin TBH. Perron and Strathmann both coming in next year…Swanson two years out. Coaching group needs more than that.

I think if you have a lot of these guys coming in their first year as well as guys who did the same this year like Blake and James, they will most likely be looking for experienced USHL guys or utilize the transfer portal to fill in a bit, depending on what's available and the roles they need filled. 

7 hours ago, AJS said:

Couple things that stick out on Wiebe and Livanavage. Weibe is leading his team in scoring by four points. As a defenseman that is really impressive. Tied for the team lead in goals. Captain. Drafted last year by Vegas. Big as well at 6'3", 200lbs. For Livanavage, I like that he's invited to every international (Non-NTDP) tournament. Will be playing (w/ Strathmann) at the upcoming Junior A Challenge.  

Yeah, hopefully Livanavage gets drafted this year. I was shocked he didn’t get drafted after last year. Fairly slow start this year but looks to be picking it up.

Weibe does have nice size and he’s getting a ton of PT in Chilliwak. Curious how he’d do in the USHL.

5 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

The pipeline by position group and DOB:

Benoit
Jubenvill
Wiebe
Livanavage
Ausmus
Strathmann
McInnis

Croal
Panzer
Singleton
Perron
Slipec
Klee
Swanson
Boisvert

Hedquist 

What am I missing? 

Singleton is still committed? He’s on his third team in the last two months…dropping in leagues each time. He’s looking more like a Canadian U/D3 kid.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Singleton is still committed? I’d be absolutely blown away if he ends up on campus. He’s on his third team in the last two months…dropping in leagues each time.

Certainly might not be accurate, but Elite Prospects still shows him as committed.
Yeah, he's down in the AJHL now...doesn't show him as playing any games there yet though.

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

Certainly might not be accurate, but Elite Prospects still shows him as committed.
Yeah, he's down in the AJHL now...doesn't show him as playing any games there yet though.

I think he just got cut by Vernon. Gotta feel for the kid at this point. Not looking good that he makes it to campus. Everyone has a ceiling…sometimes it sneaks up on you quicker than expected.

28 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I think he just got cut by Vernon. Gotta feel for the kid at this point. Not looking good that he makes it to campus. Everyone has a ceiling…sometimes it sneaks up on you quicker than expected.

He might be a casualty of the pandemic if he didn't find a way to keep progressing during that weird year. 

11 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

He might be a casualty of the pandemic if he didn't find a way to keep progressing during that weird year. 

Hard to tell.   Some guys may be fast on their skates but still struggle when the speed of the game moves up a couple of notches.  

32 minutes ago, brianvf said:

We'll see if he can put up some numbers now that he's back in the AJHL again...maybe get some of that confidence back.
He had a strong season there last year with Okotoks.

It was strange, he put up decent numbers and then seemed to hit a wall, beginning late last season. Makes you wonder what changed so drastically.

4 hours ago, brianvf said:

Nice writeup on him.

If he's more of a playmaker, he'll fit in well with Blake and OMc...we'll just need some more Gaber-like finishers on the team for them to pass to.

Much like with Nick Schmaltz, I would like to see Owen McGlaughlin shoot more. We are a third of the way through the season, and I can’t say I know how well he shoots the puck, and no idea about his slap shot.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, tnt said:

Much like with Nick Schmaltz, I would like to see Owen McGlaughlin shoot more. We are a third of the way through the season, and I can’t say I know how well he shoots the puck, and no idea about his slap shot.

I mean, 5 in 12 w/ no goals. Dash 6? That’s a bit unfair as we’ve seen glimpses of his skill and vision. But he needs to find a bit more consistency to his game. He is a freshman, but not a true freshman. He’s also getting time with good players/2nd pp. 

in fairness to OM, there’s a ton of players having off years on this team. I try not to pick on underclassmen all that much.