SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

28 minutes ago, tnt said:

You just seem overly impressed based on draft position.

I think it was more based upon him being rated a "C" prospect by a different publication...which seems quite low based on his early season performance thus far.
Either way, wherever he gets drafted, hopefully he can stick around for 2-3 years at UND and make a nice impact.

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Rizzo too

I know we keep bringing this up but it wasn't the coaches delaying him. He made the decision to move on and it caught the coaches by surprise. Put it this way, I was at the UND hockey sale this summer and there was a pair of skates for sale with Rizzo on them. He was fully expected to be here last year and Schlossman has even stated this. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

I know we keep bringing this up but it wasn't the coaches delaying him. He made the decision to move on and it caught the coaches by surprise. Put it this way, I was at the UND hockey sale this summer and there was a pair of skates for sale with Rizzo on them. He was fully expected to be here last year and Schlossman has even stated this. 

He decommitted shortly after we brought in Jamernik at the midway point of the 20-21 season. There has to be a cause and effect there.

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

He decommitted shortly after we brought in Jamernik at the midway point of the 20-21 season. There has to be a cause and effect there.

This is not true at all. 

We need to have the Rizzo misinformation pinned. Rizzo was announced as part of the 2020 class, but decommitted right after that. This took place the summer of 2020, see the article below. 

Former UND commit Massimo Rizzo to re-open recruitment - Grand Forks Herald | Grand Forks, East Grand Forks news, weather & sports

• Like 1

2 hours ago, I Ranger said:

Also, it seems to appear Tyler Dunbar is no longer a commit? 

Very interesting. With Ausmus just recently having surgery, let's scratch him for next year.

Eligible:

• Strathmann - '05: Lock
  • Benoit - '02: Lock
  • Wiebe - '03: Lock
  • Livanavage - '04: Lock

Will that be enough? 

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Agree.
My crystal ball had the need at three to five (depending on Frisch and Kleven). 

My DOB pipeline lines up as ...

Benoit
Wiebe
Dunbar
Livanavage
Ausmus (injury status?) 
Strathmann
McInnis

Let's call it four. I would think although early, that the coaches have communicated if a player is likely to come in next year or if they feel another year will be needed. Possible they felt Dunbar needed (or lost the #'s game) for next year. I wouldn't fault him for wanting to go somewhere next year over playing Juniors again.

3 hours ago, I Ranger said:

Interesting I didn’t know that 

3 hours ago, I Ranger said:

Also, it seems to appear Tyler Dunbar is no longer a commit? 

Interesting…he’s only been so so in juniors. I was wondering about him. Highly doubt singleton coming either. Several of our recruits haven’t really went the other way the last two years 

2 hours ago, AJS said:

This is not true at all. 

We need to have the Rizzo misinformation pinned. Rizzo was announced as part of the 2020 class, but decommitted right after that. This took place the summer of 2020, see the article below. 

Former UND commit Massimo Rizzo to re-open recruitment - Grand Forks Herald | Grand Forks, East Grand Forks news, weather & sports

My bad. I must have confused when he decommitted from us with when he committed to Denver.

On 4/29/2019 at 9:47 PM, Siouxperior said:

BowdenSingleton.jpg

What looks like a great pick up at one point, doesn't always end up that way.  Singleton was at one point considered a top WHL prospect, but now I would imagine his future is up in the air.  Another reason why people need to relax about us needing more commitments because others are getting a bunch.  Hopefully he figures it out. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, tnt said:

What looks like a great pick up at one point, doesn't always end up that way.  Singleton was at one point considered a top WHL prospect, but now I would imagine his future is up in the air.  Another reason why people need to relax about us needing more commitments because others are getting a bunch.  Hopefully he figures it out. 

Yep. I remember hearing about this kid as a first rounder when he first committed.

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

We had better start landing some recruits. We cannot keep losing recruiting battles and expect to remain relevant.

For context, and without using any information other than what you keep in-hand (no cheating from Schlossman or Heisenberg, etc), please tell us the current pipeline of UND recruits, just names (not teams) will do. 

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Yep. I remember hearing about this kid as a first rounder when he first committed.

His fall was very interesting…Covid seemed to hit him hard. Maybe not playing? Since Covid I’ve lost track on what’s going on in the BCHL and ajhl. Most good Canadians are now coming to the ushl.