SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

7 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Nobody here is an Oshie, Boeser, Toews, Parise, Bochenski, Frattin, Sanderson. Guys like that can lift a team. Boeser was the last guy to really do it, and he was a freshman (hurt sophomore year). Berry hasn’t recruited that top end talent that we’ve been accustomed to, and it’s showing.

Blake looks the part to me.  Needs to get stronger on the puck, but he's one of the slipperiest, most deceptive guys I've seen in a long time.  And it sounds like Perron is cut from the same cloth. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Nobody here is an Oshie, Boeser, Toews, Parise, Bochenski, Frattin, Sanderson. Guys like that can lift a team. Boeser was the last guy to really do it, and he was a freshman (hurt sophomore year). Berry hasn’t recruited that top end talent that we’ve been accustomed to, and it’s showing.

You obviously have a very keen eye for evaluating and grading high end hockey talent.  For those of us who don’t have that skill could you detail the shortcomings of Swanson, Strathmann, Livanavage and Perron?  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Emerson would be the second oldest forward in the pipeline (Croal). Fall 2023 would be a safe guess. 

Would be my guess too.

Roster
Definitely gone: F(2) - Hain, Senden
Potentially gone: F(3) - Albrecht (5th year option), Gaber (free agent signing), Caulfield (5th year option)

Recruits
F(3) - Croal, Perron, Emerson

If Gaber and one 5th year guy returns (or another recruit or portal guy), that would work out for forward numbers.