SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

11 minutes ago, brianvf said:

It was a great game to watch.  I had seen Strathman play a few times, and am very impressed.  Will not make us forget about Sanderson, but he is a high end talented D-man with good size and skill.  Livanavage is a good player, but undersized, which is the likely reason he was not drafted.  Just started to watch Swanson is this tourney since he committed.  He has his dads speed and skating ability, and I am excited about the talent improvement as he has a couple of years before he arrives.

• Upvote 2

Blue chippah

Perron is an undersized forward with upper echelon passing ability. He is one of the most efficient and skilled high-low passers in the offensive zone in all junior hockey, passing through layers of defenders with ease. Perron is a shifty skater who can alter his skating path on a dime to open a passing or shooting lane. His shot is good but not great, doing his best work attacking the net with speed and altering his hand angle to make the goaltender's life difficult with the last-minute shooting angle change. He battles through his size deficiency by establishing body position along the boards and using his stick skill to win puck battles.

20 hours ago, KSSioux said:

It was a great game to watch.  I had seen Strathman play a few times, and am very impressed.  Will not make us forget about Sanderson, but he is a high end talented D-man with good size and skill.  Livanavage is a good player, but undersized, which is the likely reason he was not drafted.  Just started to watch Swanson is this tourney since he committed.  He has his dads speed and skating ability, and I am excited about the talent improvement as he has a couple of years before he arrives.

How many players in the last three years have we lost because they were asked to wait another year before coming to UND?

4 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

Is this about normal or because of 5th year seniors.

I would say it's about normal. I wondered if I should have included Halliday (since he did stay an extra year in Juniors), like Bowen did, although both decommitted and ended up elsewhere. We'll see if Dunbar plays at a school next year or is in that same camp (i.e. decommits because they get pushed off a year but end up playing Juniors again anyway). 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

How many players in the last three years have we lost because they were asked to wait another year before coming to UND?

None of these players that played in this tourney are being "delayed" in their arrival to UND.  Swanson is a new commit, and I believe he is the youngest (or one of the youngest) that was on this team, which is why he is a couple of years out from arrival on campus.  Strathmann and Livanavage are on schedule.  Some players development does not progress due to a number of conditions, but these three are on the schedule. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/for-und-commit-jayden-perron-sisters-love-motivates-him-to-play-and-be-his-best

At 5-foot-9, the knock on Jayden is his size, but he knocks back with his skating, hands and intelligence. Garman says Jayden is comparable to former Steel forward and current Fighting Hawk Jackson Blake in terms of their hockey IQ. But there is a difference.

“Blake knew what you were going to do before you did,” Garman said. “I feel like he was always ahead of you. I would say Jayden not only has that ability, but can also manipulate the defensive player because he’s so creative and elusive. And he’s incredibly young. A first-year draft player to have that poise and confidence is pretty exceptional.”

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/und-commits-jake-livanavage-andrew-strathmann-to-play-in-all-american-game

A pair of UND recruits will play in the annual All-American Game, which features top American NHL Draft-eligible players from the United States Hockey League and the National Team Development Program.

Defensemen Jake Livanavage of the Chicago Steel and Andrew Strathmann of the Youngstown Phantoms will play in the game, which is set for Jan. 16 at 3 p.m. in Plymouth, Mich. It will be televised by NHL Network.

On 12/20/2022 at 8:18 AM, KSSioux said:

None of these players that played in this tourney are being "delayed" in their arrival to UND.  Swanson is a new commit, and I believe he is the youngest (or one of the youngest) that was on this team, which is why he is a couple of years out from arrival on campus.  Strathmann and Livanavage are on schedule.  Some players development does not progress due to a number of conditions, but these three are on the schedule. 

Thank you for the good analysis.