SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

40 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I’ve never heard of him. Overager from some town as Gaber. Looks to be a depth add. You never know though.

From Neutral Zone:

2 years ago-ish…

Jayden Jubenvill #3 (F, L, 5’11”, 165, Parkland Rangers Midget, 06/19/2003)- Jayden is a smooth skating defenceman with elite puck-moving abilities. His stride is fluent, and he makes getting around the ice look effortless. His edge work is smooth, and he pivots well when transitioning from offence to defence or vice versa. He is serving as the team captain this season and he played on the top defence pairing. He also played top power play minutes where he quarterbacks the power play. The ’03 has quick puck movement and he did well to get pucks on net tonight. He picked up one assist on the man advantage after his shot on net was not cleanly handled by the goalie and a teammate was quick to pot the rebound. His offensive instincts are superb, and he is a threat to put up points in every game he plays. He still has the smarts and skating to be responsible in the defensive zone and he is quick to get back into the play after offensive zone turnovers where he is caught down low. Jayden should be a treat to watch all season long and he has really rounded out his game compared to other seasons we have watched him. Grade: A (3.25 *)

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/und-picks-up-commitment-from-defenseman-jayden-jubenvill?fbclid=IwAR3UwYHyr8OWBEDYAV5f5ayVuYTJtu96ZL4m9WsNnsOkq65xoNNGgfmEjvI

"He's a very reliable defenseman," Dubuque general manager and president Kalle Larsson said. "I would say he's a two-way guy. But if you had to pick one of the two, I would say it's defense first more than offense. He's a great skater. He's great at breaking up plays, but he can also start the transition as well. He's a very low-maintenance player. It's nice to have a 'D' where you don't have to worry about line matching. There's no panic when he's out there."

Jubenvill, a 6-foot, 187-pound left-handed shooting blue liner, will come to UND in the fall of 2023 or 2024.

"Jayden can play right away," Larsson said. "He skates at an elite level and has a little offense as well. He's not going to have big holes in his game. He's going to have to learn the college game, but he's not a guy who needs to gain 20 pounds and learn how to defend. He knows how to do everything. He'll be ready whenever."

Jubenvill, 19, has a remarkably similar development path as UND forward Riese Gaber.

They're both from Gilbert Plains, Man., population 785. They both played youth hockey for the Parkland Rangers AAA program. They both played in the Manitoba Junior Hockey League for Dauphin. They were both third-round picks by Dubuque in the United States Hockey League Phase-II Draft. And they both committed to the same college program while in Dubuque.

Jubenvill and Gaber have known each other since childhood.

His commitment comes after UND dropped 2003-born blue liner Tyler Dunbar from its commitment list. Dunbar had originally committed in 2020 and is currently playing for Muskegon in the USHL.

20 minutes ago, brianvf said:

interesting, Dunbar looks better on paper and has way more ushl experience. Maybe they’re playing with scholly $ and spreading it around different.

still waiting for a nice commit here soon 

Swanson is averaging more than a point-per game for the first-place Force, triggering a recruiting battle between college hockey powerhouses for the 5-foot-7, 157-pound forward.

That recruiting battle ended Saturday night, when Swanson committed to UND.

Swanson had narrowed his decision down to UND, Minnesota and Denver. He made visits to all three spots.

5-7?  He's like another Panzer!  ;) 
Nice get for Berry with the other schools in the running.

"I think the coaching staff was a big one," Swanson said of why he picked UND. "I felt like I had a really good connection with all three of them. Going to a game and seeing the atmosphere is something I didn't know a lot about. Right after that game, I knew it was a place I wanted to be."

3 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Swanson is a nice pull

Have to continue to build on it now, get back to consistently landing the top tier guys instead of 1 here or there

Perron, Swanson, Strathmann is a damn good pipeline on its own. I think many, rightfully so, are seeing us miss on some guys we all wanted without remembering what we have. Those three could all go first round. They will all likely play together soon. Obviously this isn't the whole story and we can't (and won't be) done, but it's a helluva group already.