SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

I'd put Bruno in that category more than Cichy. Cichy has at least played.

Bruno hasn't much at all.

Bruno is also an honor student and pretty sure his rights were dropped by his NHL team so where is he gonna go? Doubt he leaves a degree on the table at this point as it seems like his only option.

Guys like Bruno, Cichy, etc... could end up to be the upperclassmen that are vital to a winning team these next couple of years. Look at Davidson this year. Can anyone honestly say that they expected this performance down the stretch if asked a couple of years ago. Those are the heart and soul guys that a college hockey team needs to be successful.

I don't think Davidson ever looked out of place much even in the very little time he had early in his career. Sure, he wasn't a force by any means, but he always played smart and knew where to go and what to do with the puck, and that was and has been invaluable to his success.

I don't think Davidson ever looked out of place much even in the very little time he had early in his career. Sure, he wasn't a force by any means, but he always played smart and knew where to go and what to do with the puck, and that was and has been invaluable to his success.

Davidson reminds me of Lee Marvin or perhaps Scott Foyt.

Didn't get tons of ice time but when he did, he used it to the best of his abilities. And you can't argue with his size.

I wish Nelson used his size as well as Davidson does.

Didn't get tons of ice time but when he did, he used it to the best of his abilities. And you can't argue with his size.

Davidson is in his 4th year of maturity and has a lot more muscle than Nelson does. Nelson, the longer he stays, the stronger he will get and the bigger his physical presence will become. Brent is 24 and Brock is only 19...a 5 year age difference.

He reminds me more of Matt Henderson. Henderson was from White Bear Lake and had talked to every program in the country about playing hockey.....even SCSU turned him down. He went over to Mariucci to see if the Gophers would let him try out for the team as a walk-on but Woog said no. Then Bill Butters called Blaiser and asked him to give Henderson a chance as a walk-on. Butters thought that Henderson would be able to play in the WCHA. Blaiser gave him a call and brought him in. Henderson made the team and I believe he was the MVP of the '97 National Championship Tournament.

Maybe Davidson will be that person this year. :)

Bruno is also an honor student and pretty sure his rights were dropped by his NHL team so where is he gonna go? Doubt he leaves a degree on the table at this point as it seems like his only option.

I've been told Bruno will graduate this summer and is not planning on continuing his hockey career.

I've been told Bruno will graduate this summer and is not planning on continuing his hockey career.

Seems like a first class character. He did spend a ton of time in the USHL so if he was taking classes he could be ready to graduate. Still I think next year there will be opportunity for experienced forwards.

Guys like Bruno, Cichy, etc... could end up to be the upperclassmen that are vital to a winning team these next couple of years. Look at Davidson this year. Can anyone honestly say that they expected this performance down the stretch if asked a couple of years ago. Those are the heart and soul guys that a college hockey team needs to be successful.

Exactly, there were those on this board that said Davidson was going to be gone after his first year here without playing time. You never know what is the most important for certain players, and what will cause them to leave.

Jordan Schmaltz is leading all defensemen in the USHL in points and goals. Nick Mattson is tied for second in points for defensemen. Schmaltz seems to really have hit his stride and will only get better with another year in the USHL.

Jordan Schmaltz is leading all defensemen in the USHL in points and goals. Nick Mattson is tied for second in points for defensemen. Schmaltz seems to really have hit his stride and will only get better with another year in the USHL.

I wish Schmaltz was coming in next year. He turns 18 in October and like you said he has really hit his stride in the USHL. My only guess is that he must still be a junior in high school and not academically available yet. But with the threat of Windsor out there it would be nice to get him to UND asap.

I think Davidson will play at the next level. His speed and agility have really improved .... Maybe a career AHL, or a shot at the big time if he keeps improving.

I agree, but you forget something.

Davidson's SIZE will get him a good look. He will take a good while to jump to the NHL, if he does at all, but he'll definitely get serious offers from the AHL. The ECHL may already be lining up.

Prospect Interview Featuring J.T. Miller

McKeen's: The future for you, the next level, is at the University of North Dakota. If I might ask, what other programs were recruiting you hard or that you were strongly considering and, in the end, what made you choose UND?

Miller: I feel like Michigan was on me pretty good, and it came down to Michigan and them as my final choice, and also a couple other colleges, but I felt like North Dakota was my style of play. I feel like they have a bunch of big physical guys and that was definitely me, they told me, and their facility is pretty good.

I liked this part too:

McKeen's: Of all your teammates on this team, who's impressed you the most and why?

Miller: Umm, throughout the season?

McKeen's: The whole two years.

Miller: Probably Rocco, what he's done. He's just done some amazing things that I didn't even know were possible on the ice. Him and Tyler [biggs]. Tyler's a great power forward and he's going to have a great career ahead of him. So, those two players are definitely pretty good.

McKeen's: Rocco laid down a move tonight that I felt like I was watching an old VHS tape and it suddenly jumped forward on me.

Miller: Yeah, he's a quick little kid out there. He's non-stop.

JT and Rocco are going to be fun to watch on the team next season. :)

went and watched the Force and Indiana Ice game tonight. Nick Mattson looked pretty good, had a couple assists and is pretty smooth with the puck..Gothberg had the night off. St. Clair returned after being out the last few games and had a decent night...Miami recruit Jimmy Mullin had a sweet shorthanded goal that I am sure will make it's way to youtube in the next day or so. Hakstol and the Mrs. were there watching as was Dean Blais.

went and watched the Force and Indiana Ice game tonight. Nick Mattson looked pretty good, had a couple assists and is pretty smooth with the puck..Gothberg had the night off. St. Clair returned after being out the last few games and had a decent night...Miami recruit Jimmy Mullin had a sweet shorthanded goal that I am sure will make it's way to youtube in the next day or so. Hakstol and the Mrs. were there watching as was Dean Blais.

How is St Clair, O'Donnell, and Parks looking? They aren't getting the praise that Grimaldi and Miller are getting, which I'm okay with. Hopefully we're laying another foundation of a solid senior class to-be like this years class.

How is St Clair, O'Donnell, and Parks looking? They aren't getting the praise that Grimaldi and Miller are getting, which I'm okay with. Hopefully we're laying another foundation of a solid senior class to-be like this years class.

It was St. Clairs first game back after being injured and out for awhile, but he is an energy guy with decent skill. A couple kids who were pretty noticable tonight who aren't commmitted were the Tasarov kid from Russia for the Ice...he is a 91 birthdate so not sure if he is looking at college or not....The Brodzinski kid the Force got from Blaine has some flash to his game....I know his dad is a SCSU alum and that he may have an offer from Maine.