odonnell 1g in ot loss

parks 1g in shootout loss

tuesday

n mattson 1g in win (ot game winnner)

parks 1a in loss

wednesday

macmillin 1g, 2a in win

odonnell 1g in win

QUESTION......what is the highest jersey number a sioux player has ever worn?? i see odonnell wears 91. wonder if he will get that as i dont remember any high numbers and they just became way more popular with the crosby era. the great one started it but it didnt really catch on until this new era of the nhl

I wonder if he will take Trupper's number next year. Seems logical. I personally don't like the high jersey numbers in the NCAA (ala Alaska).

Q & A with Grimaldi:

http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2011/02/01/weekly-american-prospect-update-q-a-with-rocco-grimaldi-usntdp/

Sounds like if the right team drafts him and wants him, UND may never see him.

I can see that interpretation but I wonder if he's just not keeping every avenue open.

I don't think many players entering the draft would turn down an opportunity to go straight to the NHL rather than working their way up through the AHL/ECHL or Major Juniors or even College. However, those types of players are VERY rare.

Grimaldi is a special player and he knows it. However, I don't think he's pulling a Jack Campbell here. He said "He'd like to..." or "I see myself..." Those are goal statements and not definitive.

The only thing that is definitive is that, if Grimaldi turns out as special as he is projected to be, he will indeed be at best a 2 year player for UND.

I can see that interpretation but I wonder if he's just not keeping every avenue open.

I don't think many players entering the draft would turn down an opportunity to go straight to the NHL rather than working their way up through the AHL/ECHL or Major Juniors or even College. However, those types of players are VERY rare.

Grimaldi is a special player and he knows it. However, I don't think he's pulling a Jack Campbell here. He said "He'd like to..." or "I see myself..." Those are goal statements and not definitive.

The only thing that is definitive is that, if Grimaldi turns out as special as he is projected to be, he will indeed be at best a 2 year player for UND.

Oh he's not going to go to the CHL, thats not my worry. Its more that his goal is to get to the NHL ASAP. As he said "I want to get there as fast as possible." I guess it bothers me when players aren't too committed to UND and the culture. Granted Toews and Parise weren't here long, to think a recruit would come to UND for one season really bothers me.

I guess it bothers me when players aren't too committed to UND and the culture. Granted Toews and Parise weren't here long, to think a recruit would come to UND for one season really bothers me.

If a kid has the goal of getting to the NHL "as fast as he can" and chooses UND as a development step, it tells me he has an awfully high opinion of our program and culture.

If Rocco Grimaldi was six inches taller I'd be very concerned. I'm guessing his drafting team will want to see how he performs against bigger, older players for at least one year.

Agreed. Even smaller players like Gionta had to cut their teeth in the college and AHL ranks for awhile. The right college program (read: UND) is a cheap development team for the NHL.

If Rocco Grimaldi was six inches taller I'd be very concerned. I'm guessing his drafting team will want to see how he performs against bigger, older players for at least one year.

No doubt.

Rocco is like 2 inches shorter than Duncan, he'll be here for two years at least...I wouldn't be surprised with three.

Unless he wants to play in the AHL instead, but even then he'd have to put on some muscle weight first.