SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/embed/jcwAFV3Hl_U

doubt my linking abilities will work, but watch for the crowd shot.

That first goal should be a lesson to kids why they dig their azz to the net when the Dman is about to shoot the puck.   JT dishes to the D, then immediately fights to get to the goal before the puck is even shot.  He hustles just a little less and there's no goal. 

So, with 4 games  remaining I believe is the Wild guaranteed a spot in the play-offs or mathematically is there still a chance (albeit, remote?) they could miss out?  I know they have their last 3 games on the road vs good teams so should there be any anxiety?   

So, with 4 games remaining I believe is the Wild guaranteed a spot in the play-offs or mathematically is there still a chance (albeit, remote?) they could miss out? I know they have their last 3 games on the road vs good teams so should there be any anxiety?

Mathematically not a lock yet.....

North Dakota MHockey ‏@UNDmhockey  3h

Brock Nelson scores the first goal of the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs. The goal was also his first career playoff goal. #UNDProud

I'm okay with fans celebrating these type of achievements, as well as local media.  Early departures are a fact of college sports; hell, not even Duke and Coach K can avoid them nowadays (3 freshmen gone within 10 days of winning a title).  But does anybody else find it the least bit hypocritical or tacky for the University of North Dakota to tag this tweet #UNDProud?  After all, isn't UND supposed to be concerned with academics, graduation rates, student-athletes, and all.  Brock (a phenomenal success as a professional athlete) is more of a failure for the University than a success, no?

• Downvote 7

I'm okay with fans celebrating these type of achievements, as well as local media.  Early departures are a fact of college sports; hell, not even Duke and Coach K can avoid them nowadays (3 freshmen gone within 10 days of winning a title).  But does anybody else find it the least bit hypocritical or tacky for the University of North Dakota to tag this tweet #UNDProud?  After all, isn't UND supposed to be concerned with academics, graduation rates, student-athletes, and all.  Brock (a phenomenal success as a professional athlete) is more of a failure for the University than a success, no?

How is he a failure? So he left school after two year that doesn't mean he hasn't finished his degree....

• Upvote 2