SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

The Sioux family is with the Parise family as they go through this journey- my wishes are for peace and comfort to the Parise family.

Remember that there is no Fighting Sioux All-American #11 ten years ago without JP Parise- by all accounts, he was a wonderful person- and through my encounters with Zach, he passed on those great traits to his sons(s)

God Bless

@Russostrib: Toews on seeing JP in Zach:The work ethic for sure, the personality, the love of game, commitment, being appreciative of what it gives you.

@Russostrib: Toews: "JP was a very selfless person, and you see that in the way Zach carries himself on and off the ice as a player." #mnwild #blackhawks

Will Zach play tonight against the Blackhawks?  I can't imagine he will, but there've been many athletes who went out and did just that.

Pretty sure he won't be suiting up but you never know with Zach or his family. Thoughts and prayers go out the Parise family and any other family that has lost a loved one recently.

@UNDmhockey: Congrats to @tat3mari5 on his first pro win last night for Colorado of the ECHL! Clarke Saunders backed him up, Derek Rodwell scored a goal.

@SiouxTradition: @UNDmhockey And Aaron Schneekloth was on the bench as assistant coach.

Just wondering....why?  As a UND fan I would say sure, we definitely could have used him that next year.  As a hockey fan I don't think his decision was that bad.  I don't think an extra year of college would have catapulted him to NHL stardom.  Either way his skating ability was his downfall and he would have probably ended up going through the same minor league route.  At least he figured it out a year earlier I guess.