SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Just wondering....why?  As a UND fan I would say sure, we definitely could have used him that next year.  As a hockey fan I don't think his decision was that bad.  I don't think an extra year of college would have catapulted him to NHL stardom.  Either way his skating ability was his downfall and he would have probably ended up going through the same minor league route.  At least he figured it out a year earlier I guess.

exactly the reason i think he should've stayed.  what's the hurry to get to the minors when could've played one more year and been a key player on his college team?

Frattin recalled by the Maple leafs,

Have to think this may be his last shot to make an NHL impact.

If he doesn't stand out I see a Europe as a next stop.

Nawww...Frattin to me has a Jeff Taffe NHL/AHL career ahead of him in my opinion- good guy to help develop AHL talent-good guy to have as an emergency call-up can play 2nd, 3rd or 4th line role depending on need-

exactly the reason i think he should've stayed.  what's the hurry to get to the minors when could've played one more year and been a key player on his college team?

He was under the 4 year rule.  The reason he left was about $1.6 million of them.  A two year NHL salary, because he signed as a free agent and not under the rookie collective bargaining agreement.  The Jets paid him $925k/year to play in St Johns instead of the probably $60k/year he would've otherwise earned in the AHL.  Strike while the irons hot- thats a lot bread to turn down when you're 22...

He was under the 4 year rule.  The reason he left was about $1.6 million of them.  A two year NHL salary, because he signed as a free agent and not under the rookie collective bargaining agreement.  The Jets paid him $925k/year to play in St Johns instead of the probably $60k/year he would've otherwise earned in the AHL.  Strike while the irons hot- thats a lot bread to turn down when you're 22...

It's a lot to turn down when you're 42!

Corbin Knight traded from Calgary to Florida.

Irony abounds.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/09/panthers-trade-drew-shore-to-flames-for-corban-knight/

so Tallon trades Shore to give him a chance elsewhere because they are so deep up front?  Doesn't bode well for Corban if that's the truth. 

edit: although, being a Hawks fan, I know that Bolland will be injured 75% of the time so there may be an opportunity. :)

Just wondering....why?  As a UND fan I would say sure, we definitely could have used him that next year.  As a hockey fan I don't think his decision was that bad.  I don't think an extra year of college would have catapulted him to NHL stardom.  Either way his skating ability was his downfall and he would have probably ended up going through the same minor league route.  At least he figured it out a year earlier I guess.

Yah, likely he would have had no better pro career either way but not NHL caliber I assume so as a non-hockey player but admittedly a huge Sioux fan if I was in his shoes I'd rather be a sr at UND with 12K adoring fans and a shot at a national title vs playing in front of I'm guessing a few thousand folks for nothing that really matter (okay, make some money) in the minors. That's just me though, others may think/value things differently--understood.

Love this video. Basically a commercial for GoPro cameras, but it's filled With former UND guys.

http://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-gopro-team-one-coolest-hockey-videos-will-ever-see-video/

Could be the game changer for the NHL for viewing possibilities. So cool and yes just slap a sioux hockey logo in that ad :) just awesome

• Upvote 1