SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

• 2 weeks later...

Danny Kristo leaving NYR organization.

Is a UFA on July 1.

I wonder if he stays in North America?..

I can see him signing with MN their depth is an issue in Iowa and a gives him a shot at NHL ice......or......

The Flyers????.....Seems their new coach got the best out of him, plus easy on their tight cap space.....

Kristos' tweet:

Would like to thank the @NYRangers and @WolfPackAHL for a great last two years. Lot of great memories and met some great people.

Danny Kristo leaving NYR organization.

Is a UFA on July 1.

I wonder if he stays in North America?..

I can see him signing with MN their depth is an issue in Iowa and a gives him a shot at NHL ice......or......

The Flyers????.....Seems their new coach got the best out of him, plus easy on their tight cap space.....

Kristos' tweet:

Would like to thank the @NYRangers and @WolfPackAHL for a great last two years. Lot of great memories and met some great people.

He was a second round pick right?

Eades wins USHL title. Some people just know how to win the big games.

How many natty's he got under his belt now....5?

Two as a player and one as a head coach and one as an assistant coach at UND and Head coach of the Fighting Saints of the USHL?

When Eades went to Sioux Falls they were last of all of USHL.

Two as a player and one as a head coach and one as an assistant coach at UND and Head coach of the Fighting Saints of the USHL?

When Eades went to Sioux Falls they were last of all of USHL.

Build a bridge and get over it guys, Eades will not be the HC at UND. He has too much baggage that UND does not want to touch.

When Hak went to Sioux Falls they were in last place and the following year he turned them around....

Build a bridge and get over it guys, Eades will not be the HC at UND. He has too much baggage that UND does not want to touch.

When Hak went to Sioux Falls they were in last place and the following year he turned them around....

Never said anything about Eades being head coach at UND. Youre good at reading into things.

Just showing how much the guy seems to know how to win. He has been on a lot of winning teams.

Never mentioned Hakstol, but since you did. He has zero championships evah. 5>0. 

Never said anything about Eades being head coach at UND. Youre good at reading into things.

Just showing how much the guy seems to know how to win. He has been on a lot of winning teams.

Never mentioned Hakstol, but since you did. He has zero championships evah. 5>0. 

never called you out specifically but you have been one of the more vocal people in the past about getting rid of Hak. Eades name has always been tossed around for being a coach because "he knows how to win", I'm just pointing out that the Eades supporters should let it go, as he wont be coaching at UND for a long time because of his past indiscretions during his last tenure here.

Since when does a USHL title count as a natty?  :D

Maybe he has some midget and peewee titles from his youth as well that we could add to that total!  ;)

Since when does a USHL title count as a natty?  :D

Maybe he has some midget and peewee titles from his youth as well that we could add to that total!  ;)

That's why I was asking the question.  :bigsmile:

Aren't they (or use to be) called National (Natty) Junior Championships?

never called you out specifically but you have been one of the more vocal people in the past about getting rid of Hak. Eades name has always been tossed around for being a coach because "he knows how to win", I'm just pointing out that the Eades supporters should let it go, as he wont be coaching at UND for a long time because of his past indiscretions during his last tenure here.

Usually winning overlooks a lot of things, but the fact that he didn't have his contract renewed in Sioux Falls, makes a person wonder why they couldn't get along under winning circumstances.

Usually winning overlooks a lot of things, but the fact that he didn't have his contract renewed in Sioux Falls, makes a person wonder why they couldn't get along under winning circumstances.

You make it sound as if there was an issue in SFalls?....

Do you know this or are just speculating out your rear end?.. Serious question.

It would seem to me that if an opportunity was known about to move considerably closer to family, kids and home; that would make one want to change.

Ya think, just maybe?

I thought I read somewhere that Eades wanted more out of the ownership group (commitment to the team) and they didn't agree. More or less a different vision of how a program should be ran.

Fargo has been all in since they got into the league and they are willing to do whatever it takes to win. It will probably be a better fit for Eades.

I have always went to a couple Force games a yr now with Eades I will follow them more - He is proving how great of a coach he really is - I hope he will be happy there - it would be interesting if he got back in the NCHC or -WCHA

I have always went to a couple Force games a yr now with Eades I will follow them more - He is proving how great of a coach he really is - I hope he will be happy there - it would be interesting if he got back in the NCHC or -WCHA

It's pretty strange why he can't get a job at the NCAA level but I know when the Michigan Tech job was open, someone asked him if he would go there and he said they couldn't afford him (this was when he was an assistant at UND). 

You make it sound as if there was an issue in SFalls?....

Do you know this or are just speculating out your rear end?.. Serious question.

It would seem to me that if an opportunity was known about to move considerably closer to family, kids and home; that would make one want to change.

Ya think, just maybe?

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/3748136-former-und-hockey-assistant-coach-eades-expected-be-named-force-coach

Just going by this article. Not saying who is at fault, but like I said, winning is usually a cure all.

Add 3 MN HS head coaching championships.

Eades has been a part of 8 championship teams at the HS level and above.

Can disregard all those won as a player or assistant.  As we've learned here on ss.com, the only thing that matters is the head coaches pedigree in determining the likelihood, or lack thereof, in his team winning a future championship.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Can disregard all those won as a player or assistant.  As we've learned here on ss.com, the only thing that matters is the head coaches pedigree in determining the likelihood, or lack thereof, in his team winning a future championship.

winning a championship as a player is like saying "Jimmy Garoppolo" knows how to win the big game each time he gets there..

• 2 weeks later...