SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

How about Jonny T's game winning goal last night to put Nashville away!

Did anyone else catch the end of the game after the handshake? Toews was the last one on the ice and before he walked down the tunnel he picked out a little guy and handed his stick to him. Special moment for the young guy and I'm sure he'll remember that moment for years to come. And it just goes to show what type of person Jonathan is.

How about Jonny T's game winning goal last night to put Nashville away!

Did anyone else catch the end of the game after the handshake? Toews was the last one on the ice and before he walked down the tunnel he picked out a little guy and handed his stick to him. Special moment for the young guy and I'm sure he'll remember that moment for years to come. And it just goes to show what type of person Jonathan is.

What was just as huge were his 2 faceoff wins with Rinne on the bench. I did see him hand out his stick, what a great guy. Toews is the kind of guy everyone roots for. I know a few people who are DIE HARD fans of the Gophers & Red Wings, even they roots for Toews.

What was just as huge were his 2 faceoff wins with Rinne on the bench. I did see him hand out his stick, what a great guy. Toews is the kind of guy everyone roots for. I know a few people who are DIE HARD fans of the Gophers & Red Wings, even they roots for Toews.

... and according to some on this board, he didn't leave a legacy at UND.

Dumb.

... and according to some on this board, he didn't leave a legacy at UND.

Dumb.

You don't have to hang the hardware to leave/continue the legacy of Fighting Sioux athletics. I think the way he represents our our hockey club leaves more of a impression on people than him hanging a banner in the Ralph ever would have. You think anyone in Chicago or the NHL or on the international stage cares he didn't win a college national championship (rhetorical question)? I doubt it. Not saying I wouldn't have appreciated a banner or two :D

i heard tj oshie and matt greene should be joining taylor chorney at the world championships! tj was cleared to play i believe after being a little banged up at the end of the season. go usa!!

im sure parise would have a spot if he wanted to play but who knows what his plans are after that disapointing loss and also just being in the olympics

usa roster news

Goaltender: Scott Clemmensen (Florida) and Ben Bishop (Peoria)

Defense: Johnson, Yandle, the Greenes, plus Matt Gilroy (New York Rangers), Jack Hillen (New York Islanders), Taylor Chorney (Edmonton) and Mike Lundin (Tampa Bay).

Forwards: Kyle Okposo (New York Islanders), T.J. Oshie (St. Louis), Brandon Dubinsky (New York Rangers), Nick Foligno (Ottawa), T.J. Galiardi (Colorado), Ryan Carter (Anaheim), Eric Nystrom (Calgary), David Moss (Calgary), Christian Hanson (Toronto), Ryan Potulny (Edmonton), Tim Kennedy (Buffalo) and Chris Kreider (Boston College).

i heard tj oshie and matt greene should be joining taylor chorney at the world championships! tj was cleared to play i believe after being a little banged up at the end of the season. go usa!!

im sure parise would have a spot if he wanted to play but who knows what his plans are after that disapointing loss and also just being in the olympics

usa roster news

Goaltender: Scott Clemmensen (Florida) and Ben Bishop (Peoria)

Defense: Johnson, Yandle, the Greenes, plus Matt Gilroy (New York Rangers), Jack Hillen (New York Islanders), Taylor Chorney (Edmonton) and Mike Lundin (Tampa Bay).

Forwards: Kyle Okposo (New York Islanders), T.J. Oshie (St. Louis), Brandon Dubinsky (New York Rangers), Nick Foligno (Ottawa), T.J. Galiardi (Colorado), Ryan Carter (Anaheim), Eric Nystrom (Calgary), David Moss (Calgary), Christian Hanson (Toronto), Ryan Potulny (Edmonton), Tim Kennedy (Buffalo) and Chris Kreider (Boston College).

My thoughts on the roster and the bolded name of Chris Kreider : :D

Is this seriously the best we can do? It's not ALL bad, but still. So, so sad.

I was in school at UND at the time and I remember the buzz when George was coming to play hockey here......what might have been?

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/crash+...5338/story.html

You know how, for example, people remember where they were when they heard that JFK, Elvis, etc. had died? I remember exactly where I was when I heard about this tragedy. I saw big George play one time, at, I believe, the Section 8 tournament in TRF. He looked like a man among boys. I always wonder what the 40-8 UND team would have been like WITH him in 86-87.

You know how, for example, people remember where they were when they heard that JFK, Elvis, etc. had died? I remember exactly where I was when I heard about this tragedy. I saw big George play one time, at, I believe, the Section 8 tournament in TRF. He looked like a man among boys. I always wonder what the 40-8 UND team would have been like WITH him in 86-87.

Holy smokes, talk about parallel lives. Same here. Drove over to TRF to see him play for the only time ever.