SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Hrkac signs with AHL Houston Aeros - 43 years old

hrkac

"Tony [Hrkac] enhances an already strong leadership group in Houston," Mill said. "He's won a Stanley Cup, a Calder Cup and helped the Aeros drive to the Western Conference Finals last Spring."

In total, Hrkac has recorded 968 points (329-639=968) in 1,297 professional games in the NHL, AHL and International Hockey League (IHL) combined. In addition, Hrkac has scored 87 points (31-56=87) in 123 playoff games including 41 games at the NHL level. He won the Calder Cup with the Milwaukee Admirals in 2004 scoring 20 points (8-12=20) in 22 games. Hrkac will wear No. 25 with the Aeros. This will be his 20th professional season.

Hrkac signs with AHL Houston Aeros - 43 years old

hrkac

"Tony [Hrkac] enhances an already strong leadership group in Houston," Mill said. "He's won a Stanley Cup, a Calder Cup and helped the Aeros drive to the Western Conference Finals last Spring."

In total, Hrkac has recorded 968 points (329-639=968) in 1,297 professional games in the NHL, AHL and International Hockey League (IHL) combined. In addition, Hrkac has scored 87 points (31-56=87) in 123 playoff games including 41 games at the NHL level. He won the Calder Cup with the Milwaukee Admirals in 2004 scoring 20 points (8-12=20) in 22 games. Hrkac will wear No. 25 with the Aeros. This will be his 20th professional season.

I decided to come back, do what i can to help the club and god-willing we'll win the Calder Cup this year. :sad:

per brad

Jones traded to Toronto

Former UND defenseman Matt Jones has been traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Jones and a fourth-round pick and a seventh-round pick in 2010 went from Phoenix to Toronto in exchange for forward Lee Stempniak.

Jones has missed this entire season with a concussion and it is unclear if and when he will return again.

Zach Parise was on KFAN in the cities today and here is a link to the podcast if any of you want to hear it :huh:

http://kfan.com/cc-common/podcast/single_p...FAN_PADubay.xml

It was a great interview. PA asked if he still followed the fighting sioux? No hesitation,"Yeah my boys got a big sweep in CO last weekend and i am pretty sure that they locked up home ice for the playoffs. Those were probably some of the best 2 years of my life at UND. They do a fantastic job getting guys ready for the NHL and people know it."

Keep in mind, this means he was following the Sioux either from Vancouver or after the Gold game amidst the celebration.

Stafford with only 4:33 in ice time tonight for the Sabres....Stafford must really be in the dog house as his playing time continues to decrease...can't go much lower!

Left the game with a groin injury

per brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Sens sign Lee

Former UND defenseman Brian Lee has signed a two-year contract with the Ottawa Senators, keeping him with the team that has held his rights since draft day 2005.

Lee was set to become a restricted free agent in July.

"It feels great," he said about his second contract. "Now, I don't have to worry about anything but having fun, working hard and playing hockey. . . It takes some of the pressure off."

Lee has played 18 games with the Sens this season and 31 in Binghamton (AHL). He's currently up with the big club.

"I think I belong here and I think I belonged here all season," he said. "It was just tough circumstances -- I was kind of the odd man out -- but this means I just get to worry about playing hockey. I don't have to worry about those outside circumstances anymore."