SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

I was being pretty sarcastic as I'm sure you gathered :(. He can make that many saves, just in the situation you described. It looks like Neimi gets the nod for the playoffs anyway. He's hot right now so I'm fine with that. Too bad they have 5.8m wrapped up in Huet, which is more than Brodeur makes. Looks like Vokoun and Turco are free agents now :silly: much better goalies than Huet. The plus is I think the Hawks D will have few troubles shutting down the Pens. It will be fun to watch. Either way you slice it, it's nice seeing so many Sioux and former WCHA'ers in the playoffs.

How about NJ vs. CHI for Lord Stanley's cup, I'm drooling just thinking about it (as far as 3 sioux being in it goes anyway).

Not that I have anything on Howard, but...

How awesome would it be to see Vokoun in Red Wing red? (Don't answer that. I'm sure you're not a Wings fan :silly: )

As to what you said, Vokoun would DEFINITELY be a welcome addition to Chicago.

That being said, I'd be STUNNED if Vokoun didn't end up a Flyer or Maple Leaf.

As for Turco, I think he's done as a starting goaltender. He's another Osgood in a way. Had his heyday. I think Turco can market himself as a decent platoon goaltender or top notch backup.

Osgood, however, should gracefully retire. That guy is a disaster right now.

How awesome would it be to see Vokoun in Red Wing red? (Don't answer that. I'm sure you're not a Wings fan :silly: )

As for Turco, I think he's done as a starting goaltender. He's another Osgood in a way. Had his heyday. I think Turco can market himself as a decent platoon goaltender or top notch backup.

You realized that Turco is relatively young for a goaltender his is only 34. Marty is probably going to end up with a nice fat contract somewhere else his, numbers weren't that bad this season.

How awesome would it be to see Vokoun in Red Wing red? (Don't answer that. I'm sure you're not a Wings fan :( )

Okay then, I won't :silly:, my sig and avatar make it fairly obvious where my allegiance lies. As much as I hate the wings, you gotta respect a team like that. By the way I was in Chicago for the March 8th game against the wings, the one where Huet let in 5 goals in the second period for a 5-4 loss. I was never a huge fan of him, but I made the trip from Bismarck to watch the game and that sealed the deal for me.

devils drop game one... zajac with devils only goal assisted by parise. i think nj has their hands full in this series. and ottawa takes game one from the defending champs. i love playoff hockey... almost as good as sioux hockey.

Almost? I'm sorry, it is better and this is coming from a die hard Sioux fan!

I was wondering why Stafford was scratched for Thursdays game.

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) -Buffalo right wing Drew Stafford still hasn't been cleared for full contact after sustaining a concussion four days ago, He likely will miss the Sabres' opening game of their Eastern Conference quarterfinal series against the Boston Bruins on Thursday.

Stafford, who proclaimed himself headache-free, practiced with the team Wednesday, but wore a non-contact yellow jersey.

"I want to make sure I'm 100 percent before I come back," he said.

Parise with a shorthanded goal in tonight's Devils/Flyers game. He probably should've had one or two more too, but hasn't been able to beat Boucher in close.

EDIT: Parise gets another one...and now they take it away from him and give him the assist.

so, I was sitting in Hubert's Sports Bar and Grill in downtown Minneapolis today with Vegas_Sioux watching the Twins game that was 2 blocks away (stupid high prices) and I looked over at another table to this tall guy in a white shirt and a hat. When he turned around, I went "HEY, that guy that just stood up looks like JOE!" So, after some "investigating" I realized it was him, so I went over and asked him how he was doing, so I could update everyone on here. He said that he is doing really good in recovering from his surgery and "should be back to full everything in three to four weeks." (those were his exact words).

Just thought I would share and yes, I do realize how much that makes me sound like a stalker.

so, I was sitting in Hubert's Sports Bar and Grill in downtown Minneapolis today with Vegas_Sioux watching the Twins game that was 2 blocks away (stupid high prices) and I looked over at another table to this tall guy in a white shirt and a hat. When he turned around, I went "HEY, that guy that just stood up looks like JOE!" So, after some "investigating" I realized it was him, so I went over and asked him how he was doing, so I could update everyone on here. He said that he is doing really good in recovering from his surgery and "should be back to full everything in three to four weeks." (those were his exact words).

Just thought I would share and yes, I do realize how much that makes me sound like a stalker.

In order to be considered a stalker here you'd have to be following around a player most posters like.

I'm not so sure Finley fit that specification.

Glad to hear he's doing well.

In order to be considered a stalker here you'd have to be following around a player most posters like.

I'm not so sure Finley fit that specification.

Glad to hear he's doing well.

that would be true, but I tend to randomly run into people including recruits and recognize them! His friend was a little shocked that I knew who he was and that I had the audacity to talk to him let alone knew that he had had surgery.

He had an AMAZING chance to tie it in the 3rd at 2 when CHI had that 2 on 1. I was celebrating the goal before he even shot it. I couldn't tell if Rinne got a piece but it sailed high. Oh well, we'll get 'em Sunday

It hit the knob on Rinne's handle; totally lucky save. Toews had the game tied.

Oh Smabs! I had forgotten how young he looks...like he looks like he could fit in with some of this past season's freshman or sophomores!

My favorite parts where the old lady who goes "I think Smaby is a nice name" and Smaby trying not to laugh when Konopka goes "That's a wrap from Subway!" (Sorry to ruin it for those who haven't seen it).

Via Brad Schlossman's Twitter:

Phil Lamoureux has been called up to the Buffalo Sabres after the elimination of the Portland Pirates in the AHL playoffs.

Wow... from the ECHL to the NHL! Nice work, Jean-Phillippe! That's quite an accomplishment regardless of whether or not he sees playing time.

that would be true, but I tend to randomly run into people including recruits and recognize them! His friend was a little shocked that I knew who he was and that I had the audacity to talk to him let alone knew that he had had surgery.

I like Joe. Great guy. Glad to hear he's doing well. AND no, I'm not going to add him to the list of players I'm stalking! :(