SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but it looks like Robbie Bina signed with the Wolfsburg Grizzly Adams club in april. He joins Jason Ulmer there.

Where do they come up with the names for these teams?

Grizzly Adams? Is their mascot Gentle Ben?

Seriously...

• 2 weeks later...

Not my auction, but thought it was pretty darn cool!! Wish I had $50 and the wall space.

Parise, Oshie, Toews Art

B-0279.jpg

Also has a "print" of the artwork for $20+s/h

Just noticed that it would be coming from Shanghai, China....that makes it even more interesting, IMO.

Yeah, I can maybe come up with the 50, but another 20 for shipping...ouch....and yes I know they put it on a slow boat from China...

Rick Wilson to be named #mnwild asst. coach;

Finally, after several candidates and many, many days of knowing which of those candidates it wanted to hire and after many, many days of this blog sitting and waiting to be posted, the Wild's expected to name longtime NHL assistant/associate coach Rick Wilson as an assistant later today.

I hear the i's are being dotted and the t's are being crossed at least.

per brads facebook twitter

Former UND defenseman and Grand Forks native Andy Schneider has been named an assistant coach for the Lincoln Stars. Lincoln's head coach is Chad Johnson, who also is a former Sioux player and a Grand Forks native.

David Toews to the Brandon Wheat Kings of the WHL:

http://whl.ca/david-toews-to-play-with-brandon-wheat-kings-p143667

It's the first "official" word of his departure that I've seen, even though we've all known for quite some time.

Good luck to David.

Yup, good luck Davey!

Sad it didn't work out for him at UND, but I hope he finds some success in his hockey career.

• 2 weeks later...

Check out the Bonus Video: Colin Wilson - Youth Hockey in Winnipeg, His only loss was to Toews. Wilson's dad had some comments about Wilson vs Toews @ 10 years old. The video is about half way down the page.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=30024&blogger_id=99

That video was great. I found it funny that Wilson's own dad said Toews was better. :D