SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

I can't find anything that disclaims this proclamation of Toews being on the cover...but I'm not finding any evidence other than the site you posted that seems to have found this out.

I'm a little skeptical, especially with Kane having been on the cover last year...but we'll see. Stranger things have happened.

per brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

It should be noted that Sports Illustrated is distributing two versions this week. Some will have Toews on the cover. Others will have Stephen Strasburg.

Toews started the year on the cover of ESPN The Magazine and ends it on the cover of Sports Illustrated.

not a bad year for mr. toews :glare:

toewssi.jpg

Toews mentioned that he was bringing the Cup to Winnipeg

No surprise there. I wonder if he will bring the Cup to Grand Forks later in the summer. In 2006 when Commodore won the Cup with Carolina he brought it back to his hometown for a day and then at the end of the summer he brought it to The Ralph. Hopefully The Ralph will be able to make a similar deal this year with Toews/Chicago Blackhawks/NHL.

If not, given the close proximity of Grand Forks to Winnipeg, Toews could potentially bring bring the Cup to both cities in the same day.