SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Attendance

nodak651

26 minutes ago, sprig said:

Would guess most season ticket holders would buy theirs. There are 4 next to me in 215 that must be season tickets since they haven't been on the available seat list all year,  but no one has ever used them.

Don't know how many you need together,  but there are currently good seats available. 

I just bought my two in section 216. Pumped!

• Upvote 1

At 25.00 a pop and our past experience with attendance expectations(no free bees from the boss)  everyone needs readjust your expectations because it ain't going to be what it should be.    Hockey fans will stay home to watch every second of the game live from New York  .  The true fans that go will just need to be extra loud.  Go UND.

Just now, Dagger said:

At 25.00 a pop and our past experience with attendance expectations(no free bees from the boss)  everyone needs readjust your expectations because it ain't going to be what it should be.    Hockey fans will stay home to watch every second of the game live from New York  .  The true fans that go will just need to be extra loud.  Go UND.

There will be enough people in GF to make a great crowd. Some will have to be dragged to the game by a friend. If we aren't proactive then we will end up with an embarrassing crowd like we used to have for first round playoff games against Winona.... well maybe not that bad but not good.

27 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

10000 is a good benchmark that I would hope would be achieved.  Anything more than that is going to be great.  I am cautiously optimistic about the  attendance numbers for this game.   

I am too, will be interesting to see how many season ticket holders tickets are released come Thursday. Like others have said, everyone has to get the word out and really try to get people to come that wouldn't have otherwise.

Love the people that are buying tickets for the students, we need that section sold out!

14 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

There will be enough people in GF to make a great crowd. Some will have to be dragged to the game by a friend. If we aren't proactive then we will end up with an embarrassing crowd like we used to have for first round playoff games against Winona.... well maybe not that bad but not good.

I remember those........................................pathetic crowds is being kind.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Dagger said:

I get what you are saying here about the hockey fans but I hope there are other fans like me out there: I follow both hockey and football closely. The first division 1 playoff game on the same day of playing a non conference hockey game in New York = no brainer for me as I will be glued to every second of the football game.

Edit: If i still lived up there I would attend in person and drag people with me. I feel like I did my part in taking in two games in person this season (1 home, 1 away) Pretty good for living 1,000 miles from campus. Also- huge props for those making big trips; Respect.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Hockey fans, record the game.  It will be ok to not watch one game live this year.  This is the biggest UND home game (any sport) since the 2003 Semi final game.  This team has earned the right to have a bye and get a home playoff game.  Fans need to recognize that and show that by showing up!

Not trying to disprove your point that the football game should take precedence, but I'd have to say 2006 West Regional Hockey would qualify for that title.

• Upvote 1

Looking at the Nodak Nation twitter account, it looks like after they first bought 500 tickets to give away, anonymous donors have purchases a total of 170 tickets to be given away to students.  I hope that these students can see how big of game this is for UND football that they are willing to pay for students tickets so they can go. 

These donors are awesome!!!  That is what UND football is all about!!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Hockey fans, record the game.  It will be ok to not watch one game live this year.  This is the biggest UND home game (any sport) since the 2003 Semi final game.  This team has earned the right to have a bye and get a home playoff game.  Fans need to recognize that and show that by showing up!

I will be doing just that.  Actually, might go to a restaurant/bar after football and watch hockey, keep the party going!

• Upvote 2

Is that a good number? Bad? Anyone familiar with the trend of student tickets? Is there usually a big pop the first day, then nothing, or since it isn't a tough ticket to get, is there a more steady flow? Student section seats around 2200, only about 20% after today. I have a feeling it will pick up the closer we get to game day and the hype starts to build.  

12 minutes ago, siouxfbfan said:

What's the best way to buy tickets? Would you recommend waiting until Thursday (11/24) when season tickets get released?

If you don't need 2 or more together,  there are good single seats available now.  More than 1 together,  you may want to wait.  For 2 , check 2 tickets for free thread

Wow tickets are flying.  If there is a significant % of season ticket holders that buy playoff tickets, I think we could see 10k - scratch my origianal 7-8K estimate.

There is already a big difference between this morning at about 10 AM and about 6 PM this evening.  After all, Grand Forks does like a winner...  Just wish I could make it up there!

richmond 10.21.16.JPG

richmond 10.21.16 6..00.JPG

• Upvote 1