SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota Roughriders?

RD17

I would chip in, definitely.  Maybe take an ad out in the Dakota Student explaining why Roughriders represents the state.  If we were there Fighting Hawks, that would take years of education to know where we were from.

I don't think it would have to be anything special...just a couple lines.

Dear UND Students,

Any vote for Fighting Hawks or Nodaks is a vote of endorsement for outgoing President Kelly.

Thank you.

• Downvote 2

Dear UND Students,

Any vote for Fighting Hawks or Nodaks is a vote of endorsement for outgoing President Kelly.

Thank you.

I don't know that Kelly endorses Nodaks.  I'm guessing he prefers Fighting Hawks...since it's the only true PC name left.

But you'd be "fine" with something other than Rough Riders, as long as it actually is Rough Riders.

Not sure if this was aimed at me, but as  Rough Rider voter, I'd be fine with Nodaks, and as much as I dislike it, Fighting Hawks...as long as the initial voting rules were still in tact.  I definitely don't like that they are allowing three in the final vote as that will most likely result in the winner having less than 50% of interested voters.

• Upvote 1

Maybe if the students knew that Kelly was secretly  in favor of Fighting Hawks, they would change their minds about supporting it.  Kind of reminds me of that Saved By The Bell episode where Buddy Bands were going up against Friendship Bracelets.  Zack gives Mr. Belding a Buddy Band and instantly, everyone hates them and doesn't want to want something the principal endorses.  Same think can be done in this scerio. Spread the word around campus...."Kelley wants Fighting Hawks."  :D

• Upvote 3

Maybe if the students knew that Kelly was secretly  in favor of Fighting Hawks, they would change their minds about supporting it.  Kind of reminds me of that Saved By The Bell episode where Buddy Bands were going up against Friendship Bracelets.  Zack gives Mr. Belding a Buddy Band and instantly, everyone hates them and doesn't want to want something the principal endorses.  Same think can be done in this scerio. Spread the word around campus...."Kelley wants Fighting Hawks."  :D

post of the year....

Dear UND Students,

Thank you.

But you'd be "fine" with something other than Rough Riders, as long as it actually is Rough Riders.

• Upvote 1

Not sure if this was aimed at me, but as  Rough Rider voter, I'd be fine with Nodaks, and as much as I dislike it, Fighting Hawks...as long as the initial voting rules were still in tact.  I definitely don't like that they are allowing three in the final vote as that will most likely result in the winner having less than 50% of interested voters.

Not aimed at you at all.

But you'd be "fine" with something other than Rough Riders, as long as it actually is Rough Riders.

anything but sundogs as long as the process was fair and open and the voters were people with a stake in the game...was going fine til fuhrer Kelly and his wife took over and sabotaged this...

O.K. since they can make variations to the names given, are there any variations that would entice those not enamored with Rough Riders because a high school has it, to vote for an offshoot like Range Riders or something of the sort?  Then you would be calling one Rangers for short, and the others Riders for short.   I know, too late in the game for it, and the powers that be would be the ones making any variations anyway.  

Edited by tnt