SiouxSports.com Forum

Who to root for this Saturday? Bison or Gophers

LB#11

I heard that NDSU had 10,000 fans there. Oh wait, it was 25,000 NDSU fans there? Your kiddding me, NDSU had over 50,000 fans there? Impressive.

I wonder how high their fan attendance will inflate to this year.

I heard 30,000 Bison fans. And U of M fans complaining about all the empty seats (since they were playing a no name school).

Congrats to NDSU...................gotta give credit where credit is due.

Good win for NDSU, another hit on the lousy UM sports programs.

It's so bad that none of us are really surprised.

They can't blame this one on 'took them lightly', they used that excuse last time.

Pathetic.

It's funny to see all the gopher fans act like losing to NDSU is a disgrace. Guess what, I think at least 50% of people thought they would win. And as expected, since the gophers are bad, they have to call NDSU fans a bunch of farmers. Maybe they should recruit a few farm boys in both football and hockey, instead of the pretty boys they tend to recruit. It's easy to see how they get pushed around so much by the FCS level, because if they are anything like their fan base, they are elitists and don't think they need to have a work ethic to beat a bunch of "farm" boys. They get what they deserve with that attitude.

Good win for the Bison. I'm glad they won.

However, that Minnesota squad is freakin' pathetic. A loss to NM State? They just lost to previously winless San Jose State!

The Bison may be the best in their conference and may even take a run at the FCS championship, but they better not let this one over-inflate their egos!

Again, congrats to the bison, they did the state of ND proud. After reading some of the crap the gopher fans wrote about this matchup, I am glad our brothers to the south beat them. "One fan wrote, NDSU beat us in football 2 times, UND always beats us in hockey, what is going on?" Priceless!

UMN-Twin Cities football is a joke that belongs in Division II. No jokes here, that is a legit statement.

I can't bring myself to root for NDSU ever under any circumstances. I'd rather root for the New York Yankees if forced to choose between the lesser of two evils.

Haha I don't blame you, just look at my name. My pride for my state forced me to cheer for them. That, and my intense hate for the Gophers.

Congrats to NDSU.

5W 3L vs FBS teams as a FCS program. 'Nuf said. Impressive.

The punt on 4th and 15 by "No Stones" Mussman vs. Fresno with a chance to win our 1st game vs. FBS team is why UND is an 'O"fer so far. But as Muss was quoted in yesterday's Forum..."we needed the make one more play" vs. Fresno.

I have been able to get to know Bohl a litttle bit. He is a good guy and good coach. You can tell in coversations with him, he will coach to win every game...no moral victoires with him and "toe to toe" doesn't cut it.

Can't argue with the success NDSU is having vs. FBS teams.

Congrats to NDSU.

5W 3L vs FBS teams as a FCS program. 'Nuf said. Impressive.

The punt on 4th and 15 by "No Stones" Mussman vs. Fresno with a chance to win our 1st game vs. FBS team is why UND is an 'O"fer so far. But as Muss was quoted in yesterday's Forum..."we needed the make one more play" vs. Fresno.

I have been able to get to know Bohl a litttle bit. He is a good guy and good coach. You can tell in coversations with him, he will coach to win every game...no moral victoires with him and "toe to toe" doesn't cut it.

Can't argue with the success NDSU is having vs. FBS teams.

I think you can. Those teams (other than Central Mich) would not compete very well at FCS level. They are bottom 5 FBS schools that they have been beating. If NDSU is a good FCS school they should win those games.

It is a disgrace. They got beat by a slightly better than average I-AA team that used to be a D2 power in the '80s but has not won or even played in a championship game at any level in the last 20 years and just last year finally hosted their first ever playoff game in a venue that is now 18 years old. A Big 10 team should never ever lose to a team of this caliber under any circumstances. USC should now be ashamed of themselves for only winning by 2 against a team that lost to some team they've probably never heard of. Pitiful!!! :angry:

How does humble pie taste?

• Downvote 1

First, whom do I thank, NDSU or Minnesota, for me not even needing the 10.5 points? ;)

Second, would Minnesota be in the top 25 in FCS? Seriously. The NDSU TD to make it 21-14, UMn couldn't defend that. If NDSU runs that same play against the top 25 in FCS there'll at least be three defenders out there to stop it. It's like Minnesota had no clue (or was it no skill).

The upset yesterday would've been a Minnesota win. :blush:

I think you can. Those teams (other than Central Mich) would not compete very well at FCS level. They are bottom 5 FBS schools that they have been beating. If NDSU is a good FCS school they should win those games.

Where is our win vs. any FBS team? Until we get one, it think refraining from taking shots at the FBS teams NDSU has beat is the better play here.

Where is our win vs. any FBS team? Until we get one, it think refraining from taking shots at the FBS teams NDSU has beat is the better play here.

Not taking shots. They can and should've beat the Gophers every time they've played them and have done it 2 out of 3??? And should've won the other time as well. I was taking exception to your statement about arguing about their FBS record. I think you can argue it. Heck it should be better!

Is Idaho good this year? No. But we don't match up well with passing teams. Sure I would love to win against FBS competition but the Gophers don't seem to be competition for FCS schools.

Until NDSU beats an average team and not 3 cupcakes it is better to think is this team good? UND put 53 on BHSU what would we do against Minny? NDSU put 50+ on St. Francis and 34 on Minny what would they do on UNI or SIU?