SiouxSports.com Forum

Who to root for this Saturday? Bison or Gophers

LB#11

Your biggest game of the year is a meaningless non-conferene game, and you have the audacity to suggest that I have medical problems? :lol:

Running the table in your conference is worthy of gloating over, not winning a mere single non-conference game. Sheesh, you Bison fans have your priorities so far out of whack it is really quite sad. :silly:

Well said. What would this team be known for if they get dumped by their MVFC foes and miss the playoffs. We missed the playoffs but we beat the 1 win Gophers. Bohl is smart and he better have his team ready for MVFC play because they are better than Minny.

In football, I know who UND plays next. It was mentioned all weekend with the UND score (and how SUU took down UNLV).

I literally have no idea who NDSU plays next. None. The media is infatuated with Saturday's result and not mentioning a next opponent. I wonder if NDSU will get sucked in by that. Never forget the most important rule of coaching: the most important game is ... the next one.

PS - I just looked on-line. Illinois State. And it's NDSU Homecoming.

Your biggest game of the year is a meaningless non-conferene game, and you have the audacity to suggest that I have medical problems? :lol:

Running the table in your conference is worthy of gloating over, not winning a mere single non-conference game. Sheesh, you Bison fans have your priorities so far out of whack it is really quite sad. :silly:

I am not so sure about meaningless, hell, even you guys have an 11 page thread on it and you seem to keep posting on the subject. Why are you so worried about the 2001 championship and whatever year you were a runner up? Time to move on. Seems like you are tied for biggest douche too, time to step up your game I guess.

As I asked before: Would Minnesota be ranked in the FCS top 25?

No they wouldn't be ranked in the FCS top 25. However, SU played great and deserve some credit. They completely outplayed the goofs and should be proud.

I would say hold off on any FBS talk (Bison and Sioux) until all of this crazy realignment is over. A league like the WAC is no better than the Big Sky and MVFC; at least you can win a championship in FCS!

I wouldn't call it meaningless. Last year, if not for the win over Kansas, the Bison would've been watching the playoffs from home.

The Bison were better in every phase of that game, the Gophers are terrible. I'm sure a lot of Bison fans had a great time in Minneapolis taking out the Gophers on their home turf, but Coach Bohl knows he has tougher competition coming up in the MVC. Personally I'm not a fan of Bohl's, but he's a good coach & will make sure his players know that this was not that big of a win in the big picture.

Hopefully the Sioux can take strides in getting themselves better, which they seem do be doing. Can you imagine how big the Sioux/Bison game will be when they play in a couple years? Of course by then we won't be called the Sioux.

In football, I know who UND plays next. It was mentioned all weekend with the UND score (and how SUU took down UNLV).

I literally have no idea who NDSU plays next. None. The media is infatuated with Saturday's result and not mentioning a next opponent. I wonder if NDSU will get sucked in by that. Never forget the most important rule of coaching: the most important game is ... the next one.

PS - I just looked on-line. Illinois State. And it's NDSU Homecoming.

That is a good point. Any team has to be focused. Reading the posts here by some people make me laugh at the bitterness and envy. So far, I think Dave is in the running for the worst case of penis envy among the UND fans. It is pretty obvious the Bison could be a damn good team this year. The performance against a MN was great and the Gophers were thumped pretty hard. But, the rough and tumble Mo Valley will still be a heck of a challenge. But, as Dave said......"slightly better than average I-AA team" exposed his clouded judgement to the max. I got a hell of a good laugh over Dave's denial that there is a heck of a good team down in Fargo. I suspect this will only get more entertaining as the season goes on. :D

As for the Sioux, huge improvement from last year...but not yet approaching the Bison. But, it appears that things may be coming together so you can make a statement when you start competition in the Sky. If you beat a salty SUU team this weekend it will covince more people that things are heading the right direction.

• Upvote 1

Can someone from the UND side explain how Weston Dressler was used when he played there? Slot...wr...rb? I am not claiming Ryan Smith to be the next Dressler but the kid sure has the skill and the work ethic, I hope they continue to find ways to get this ND kid the ball....oh and make Leslie Frazier can take some notes for Harvin as well.

Can someone from the UND side explain how Weston Dressler was used when he played there? Slot...wr...rb? I am not claiming Ryan Smith to be the next Dressler but the kid sure has the skill and the work ethic, I hope they continue to find ways to get this ND kid the ball....oh and make Leslie Frazier can take some notes for Harvin as well.

I was thinking as I was watching on the tube how much the kid reminded me of Dressler.

As I asked before: Would Minnesota be ranked in the FCS top 25?

Like someone said, yes, Lakes is at it again. As for Minnesota, I think they would be. Keep in mind they played NDSU closer than the scoreboard, they played USC close, layed an egg against NMSU and beat Miami (OH). I think their squad has the talent and ability that would simply overpower FCS teams.

Like someone said, yes, Lakes is at it again. As for Minnesota, I think they would be. Keep in mind they played NDSU closer than the scoreboard, they played USC close, layed an egg against NMSU and beat Miami (OH). I think their squad has the talent and ability that would simply overpower FCS teams.

Unranked Arizona State just blew out USC; I watched the game and USC is not the the team that they normally are.

The Bison played a hell of a game though and deserve credit for a big win that will help them come playoff time. Should be a big year for you guys and if you guys are in the playoffs many of us will be on your side!