SiouxSports.com Forum

Who to root for this Saturday? Bison or Gophers

LB#11

I'll probably watch part of the game on the Big 10 Network (Channel 440 on DISH) and I don't really care who wins. I would call it an upset if Minnesota wins. I guess an NDSU win would make for better KFAN radio so here's hoping the Gopher's lose.

Actually will be a Dakota doubleheader on BTN on Saturday with the Yotes - Badger game preceding the Bison - Gophers. If you can't decide who to cheer for in the second game, at least support the Yotes in the first game as we will need all the help we can get. The Badgers have looked impressive so far and have a history of taking care of business when playing teams they should dominate (one exception being the Cal Poly game a couple of years ago). Hopefully we escape without any major injuries and the Camp Randall pregame experience provides enough liquid sedative for the Yote fans making the trip.

Actually will be a Dakota doubleheader on BTN on Saturday with the Yotes - Badger game preceding the Bison - Gophers. If you can't decide who to cheer for in the second game, at least support the Yotes in the first game as we will need all the help we can get. The Badgers have looked impressive so far and have a history of taking care of business when playing teams they should dominate (one exception being the Cal Poly game a couple of years ago). Hopefully we escape without any major injuries and the Camp Randall pregame experience provides enough liquid sedative for the Yote fans making the trip.

It would be great to see the yotes give them a scare. Frankly I am so sick of Bison banter that I have to go for the gophers on this one.

Hopefully we can still play the yotes in the future; games are always tight!

I have no problem cheering for the Yotes. Good luck on Saturday. I hope someday UND gets to play in Madison again.

For every idiot that doesn't understand why a someone would wear a Sioux sweatshirt to a Bison/Gopher game there are many, many more who appreciate the support of our intrastate rivals. When the Sioux play the Gophers in hockey, I always root for the Sioux, even though I wouldn't call myself a Sioux fan.

Yes but you don't hear Sioux fans shouting Anti-Bison chants at Sioux-Gopher Hockey games and you don't have any Sioux fans going onto Bisonswill pounding their chests and ruining every thread discussion. Nope not rooting for the Bison or the Gophers - I am Switzerland on this one.

Maybe if we were in the same conference as NDSU I would root for the Bison (that's a big maybe) but I can't help but feel that if NDSU does pull off the upset it won't be good for UND in terms of winning over state support for the football program. I know this a big deal for Bison fans but Minnesota isn't a true rival for you guys like they are for UND, the atmosphere will lack the hostility that a Sioux/Gopher game would have. NDSU has a good team this year and could easily pull off a BCS upset but I can't honestly say I'm rooting for you guys.

Maybe if we were in the same conference as NDSU I would root for the Bison (that's a big maybe) but I can't help but feel that if NDSU does pull off the upset it won't be good for UND in terms of winning over state support for the football program. I know this a big deal for Bison fans but Minnesota isn't a true rival for you guys like they are for UND, the atmosphere will lack the hostility that a Sioux/Gopher game would have. NDSU has a good team this year and could easily pull off a BCS upset but I can't honestly say I'm rooting for you guys.

Under no circumstance would I ever cheer for UND. So I cannot blame anyone for not cheering for the Herd. It is a big deal exclusively because it is a game against B1G team who is closeby. I personally hold no animosity towards the U of M, I always cheer for them to do well in sports. And the fact none of our guys got scholarship offers to play there I'm guessing serves as good motivation for the players.

I normally cheer for the Bison in non-UND matchups - especially out of state or playoffs that we aren't involved in - Not that I like them much, but because the represent North Dakota. However, Bison fans have been so obnoxious lately, some even on the Sioux chat board, that I am cheering for the Goofs this week.

• Upvote 1

Under no circumstance would I ever cheer for UND. So I cannot blame anyone for not cheering for the Herd.

I totally get what you're saying, except the other way around. Living in Fargo the past 21 years, I've obviously got a lot of friends who are Bison fans. I've tried to cheer for the Bison, to no avail. :blush:

I'm pulling for the Bison.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... They are the enemy "down south". But, I am a North Dakota guy and absolutely hate the Goofers.

I hope they pull it off again! :D

Plus, when we start beating up the Bison again, we can point at the Goofers and say, "You're next!" :lol:

Who should we root for this weekend? Seems like a pretty obvious answer to me. The University of North Dakota.

Can we please focus on our own football team for 1 day?

Good point. For some reason, I thought they had the weekend off. But, they play the bumble bees of Black Hole State. I hope they kick their miserable a$$es all over the field. DII wanna BEEs. :lol:

Who should we root for this weekend? Seems like a pretty obvious answer to me. The University of North Dakota.

Can we please focus on our own football team for 1 day?

Someone needs to start a thread for the Black Hills game I guess, as far as this game goes a North Dakota team beating the University of Minnesota makes me chuckle, so NDSU it is.

This one is easy for me. I always cheer for the Gophers and I always cheer for whoever the Bison are playing against. The only way that I would ever not cheer for the Gophers is if they were to play the Sioux (which I hope they never do), and there is no circumstance in which I would ever cheer for the Bison ever. So, Go Gophers!!!

Don't see why you got neg repped here. I got the same mentality (vice versa)

I think it will be a funny damn day when both UND and NDSU are in the polls and Montana and Montana State are behind both ND schools. When that happens your conference mates will be throwing a fit.

It would be interesting if not only the North Dakota schools were ranked higher, but if U of Sodak and Sodak State were over the Montanas.

BTW, are you a 'Pokes fan?

This one is easy for me. I always cheer for the Gophers and I always cheer for whoever the Bison are playing against. The only way that I would ever not cheer for the Gophers is if they were to play the Sioux (which I hope they never do), and there is no circumstance in which I would ever cheer for the Bison ever. So, Go Gophers!!!

I gave you my +1 for the day to even out the negative rep point unjustly given to you. Sioux fans should never give other Sioux fans negative rep points for hating on the Bison.

• Upvote 1

It would be interesting if not only the North Dakota schools were ranked higher, but if U of Sodak and Sodak State were over the Montanas.

BTW, are you a 'Pokes fan?

I follow the Pokes, but the program is so screwed up it is hard to be a fan......they are terrible. I would like to see them get a decent team so my kids would get to see a few good games while in college.....This weekend Nebraska is coming to Laramie and it will be ugly.