SiouxSports.com Forum

Who to root for this Saturday? Bison or Gophers

LB#11

Only 10.5? ???

It'll be a pathetic showing by the Gophers if they don't win by at least 20. Not saying what will happen, just what should happen. Obviously things don't always play out on the field the way they would on paper, as that is why they play the games.

I'd take the points, then again I am a biased NDSU fan. NDSU has a pretty solid team this year and while I would not be shocked if the Gophers won by more than ten, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bison won by 10 either. Should make for an interesting game betting wise. gophers have played the jekyll and hyde so far(USC and NMSU), we will see by this 10 o'clock Saturday night!

I'm going for UM. As far as I'm concerned, NDSU football fan = UM hockey fan in terms of arrogance, negative disposition, self-importance, and general unlikeability. I'll do the "Cheer for North Dakota" thing for other sports, but not football. I hope (although I'll concede that the game will likely be close) SU gets their butts handed to them.

As for me and my house, we will hate bison football.

• Upvote 3

Wow, no respect for the Gophers. ???

Bulletin board material?

I think they are underestimating Minnesota. NDSU has a couple key players that now will not play on Saturday......Eaves and Gebhart have been ruled out for Saturday. Eaves at free safety leaves a huge hole in the secondary that the Gophers could readily exploit and the loss of Gebhart leaves us with one less receiver. These are significant developments.

I think they are underestimating Minnesota. NDSU has a couple key players that now will not play on Saturday......Eaves and Gebhart have been ruled out for Saturday. Eaves at free safety leaves a huge hole in the secondary that the Gophers could readily exploit and the loss of Gebhart leaves us with one less receiver. These are significant developments.

The only way the Gophers exploit the secondary is if Gray gets hurt again. He is a great athlete and the Gophs would be doing him a favor by moving him to WR

I'm going for UM. As far as I'm concerned, NDSU football fan = UM hockey fan in terms of arrogance, negative disposition, self-importance, and general unlikeability. I'll do the "Cheer for North Dakota" thing for other sports, but not football. I hope (although I'll concede that the game will likely be close) SU gets their butts handed to them.

As for me and my house, we will hate bison football.

I thought you were describing UND hockey fan. Really hate? I think jealousy is a better word.. Especially when the whole state and even gf is talking about the Bison-Gopher game and NO ONE is paying attention to spud bowl.

• Downvote 2

I thought you were describing UND hockey fan. Really hate? I think jealousy is a better word.. Especially when the whole state and even gf is talking about the Bison-Gopher game and NO ONE is paying attention to spud bowl.

Not completely true. I live in the Twin Cities, am not talking about the UM-AC game, am paying attention to the spud bowl and will be at the game after some great tailgating fun.

I guess I'm a NO ONE then because I'm going to the "spud bowl". :glare:

This is a typical and predictable example of NDSU fans way overestimating the importance and relevance of their favorite team. You're a I-AA school from the upper midwest that the vast majority of college football fans nationwide have never heard of, GET OVER YOURSELVES!!!

If that game had any semblance of importance, I could watch it in my house.

It's not on the lineup. I can, however, watch the UND/pee-yellow Jackets on my TV through the fighting sioux network online.

:p

(But, as a North Dakotan, I hope the Green and pee-yellow win over the Maroon and pee-yellow!)

All credit to the Bison for kicking Minnesota's A$$....

Is NDSU that good, or are the gophers that bad? I mean, NDSU looks like the DI A team, and Minnesota looks like they are a lost little puppy. Well, I guess they have looked like lost little puppies for most of the season.

31-14.....Bison. Thats too bad because I had the Bison winning 27-24....darnit. :lol:

I am so jealous that NDSU and the othe dakota schools have had the chance to play the horrible horrible embarrasing team that is UMN Twin Cities, and UND hasn't had that chance. Absolute congrats to the bison, they were without a doubt the superior team.

NDSU would fare better next week at Michigan than the gophers would. You talk about a football team that is beyond horrible. The funny thing is that you've got Glen Mason up in the booth laughing his ass off thinking about how Tim Brewster absolutely drove the program into the ground.

Hey DaveK, you said you would blow a gasket if the Bison won... Well did you??? :lol:

I know you Bison fans have a love affair with us Sioux fans (especially DaveK - having threads about him on Bisonville), but are you making things up now? DaveK never said that (at least not on this site.)

I know you Bison fans have a love affair with us Sioux fans (especially DaveK - having threads about him on Bisonville), but are you making things up now? DaveK never said that (at least not on this site.)

What will we see more of this year......gopher wins or threads on Bisonville on DaveK? :lol: