SiouxSports.com Forum

Who to root for this Saturday? Bison or Gophers

LB#11

Landcows

Rodents

Sioux

We have a 5 page thread discussing NDSwho and a terrible FBS team. We play neither.

Yet we had to have a bison fan start the thread about our Potato Bowl week. I see something wrong with this.

I just had a question about scholies and the transition for Black Hills State........I didn't want to start controversy......just ask a question......

I'm glad that this thread was originally started four years ago......

I'm all for the success of the state of North Dakota, but I can't cheer for NDSU.....I was at the game in 2006 when NDSU beat the gophers all over the field, but still managed to lose the game on the blocked field goal at the end of the game. I was there with a couple of NDSU pals and was treated horribly by NDSU fans the entire game (hallways, bathrooms, etc.). My NDSU pals even got in the face of other NDSU fans trying to tell them that I was cheering for the Bison. I guess I should add that the only thing I was wearing was a green hat with the interlocking ND.

The day was perfectly capped off that night at Joe Sensors when a group of drunken NDSU fans started a DII Faggots chant when a number of Sioux fans were there watching the Sioux-Maine hockey game.....

I just won't watch the game. I can't cheer for either team. I will give a prediction though.

NDSU 27

Minnesota 24

Because NDSU should beat Minnesota.

I'll be going to the game with my in-laws who are all SU grads. I definitely don't like the Bison one bit, but in this case I think a North Dakota team beating a Minnesota team in anything is a good thing. Do I think some Bison football fans think they are high and mighty because they have been more successful in their D1 transition, YES. For this one I went out and made my own gear to wear. A black shirt that says North Dakota with a picture of the state. With the words below it reading THE SIOUX STATE. Im sure I will get heckled by the Bison faithful, but they can't argue facts North Dakota is "The Sioux State." Kick their ass Bison, but I can't wait to show those dumb Bison fans that UND can still kick their ass. Who holds the Nickel???? Enough said. Go Sioux!!!!

I have several UND friends who are saying they are going to stop reading Siouxsports because it has been taken over by ndsu geeks who have nothing better to do than continue to compare themselves to a school that they no longer claim they want to be associated with. How can we take back this site? I think the Moderators have to do something - JohnBoy and others please moooove on, you are not welcome here, we don't care what you think, we certainly don't care to hear anything about the bi-sons. Your presence here continues to prove the only way ndsu fans measure themselves is by comparing themselves to UND. We have moved on to a different conference, we have a top level division 1 sport that you don't care about.

Am I alone in my thoughts here or are there others that agree we need to take back this site and keep it focused on UND?

• Upvote 1

I have several UND friends who are saying they are going to stop reading Siouxsports because it has been taken over by ndsu geeks who have nothing better to do than continue to compare themselves to a school that they no longer claim they want to be associated with. How can we take back this site? I think the Moderators have to do something - JohnBoy and others please moooove on, you are not welcome here, we don't care what you think, we certainly don't care to hear anything about the bi-sons. Your presence here continues to prove the only way ndsu fans measure themselves is by comparing themselves to UND. We have moved on to a different conference, we have a top level division 1 sport that you don't care about.

Am I alone in my thoughts here or are there others that agree we need to take back this site and keep it focused on UND?

Don't you think it would get pretty boring around here without all the Bison, Gopher, and the occasional St. Cloud or Duluth fan throwing their 2 cents in on everything? It doesn't make for very stimulating conversation if everybody has the same view on everything, I would think this site would get pretty dull and people would lose interest. The hacking back and forth is what a lot of people tune in to read, it's cheap entertainment.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I welcome the outside posters, if they get too out of hand they get banned so they really do no harm.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Don't you think it would get pretty boring around here without all the Bison, Gopher, and the occasional St. Cloud or Duluth fan throwing their 2 cents in on everything? It doesn't make for very stimulating conversation if everybody has the same view on everything, I would think this site would get pretty dull and people would lose interest. The hacking back and forth is what a lot of people tune in to read, it's cheap entertainment.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I welcome the outside posters, if they get too out of hand they get banned so they really do no harm.

As long as its not the JBB and Lakes bullsh-t they spout about I am open for fans of other schools to have their 2 cents on topics.

I'm talking about the ones that come with an agenda - it usually consists of:

No knowledge of UND sports history

Myopic knowledge of "how great" ndsu is and always has been

Chest puffing of how great ndsu is

Need to puff up ndsu and constantly try and compare the two institutions with ndsu coming out on top

Need to diss UND

Not really here to discuss sports, more here to make their lame comparisions of how great ndsu is

I think there can be plenty of enjoyable discussions and disagreements among Sioux fans and an occasional opponent poster dropping in, but what we have is ndsu vultures starting threads, dropping ndsu into every discussion, dissing hockey and it gets a little tiresome.

• Upvote 1

I am very excited to see where the line will be on this game. Before the season started I had heard that it was at +20.5 for NDSU, which seems to be free money to me. I'm sure come game day it will be released much lower than that. But lets just say I'm hoping that I can get NDSU at +20.5

It was never going to be that high. My guess is it will be MN -3 only because they are home. The linesmakers know how bad they are and it was reaffirmed with that loss to New Mexico State.

It was never going to be that high. My guess is it will be MN -3 only because they are home. The linesmakers know how bad they are and it was reaffirmed with that loss to New Mexico State.

Love how you guys all say MN is so bad when we are going to play them. Are they any worse than Idaho or Fresno? Last year they won their last two games against Iowa and ILL and opened this year and played USC to almost a draw. Their last game they beat last years MAC champion. They had a bad game against NMSU but hell who doesn't have bad games once in awhile. We'll see what happens, we could be pee down our leg and get taken to the wood shed.

LakesBison University or the University of Minnesota. I'll root for the University of Minnesota (but I wouldn't feel bad if LakesBison University won either as I like cheering for the little guy and no matter what the fans of LakesBison University say, they are little guys).

I am very excited to see where the line will be on this game. Before the season started I had heard that it was at +20.5 for NDSU, which seems to be free money to me. I'm sure come game day it will be released much lower than that. But lets just say I'm hoping that I can get NDSU at +20.5

Heck.....that would be worth throwing the entire 401K into.......But, I would bet it is not anywhere near that.

ESPN has the game as EVEN, collegefootballpoll.com has NO LINE. Since its just Wednesday most sites don't have anything listed yet but that should change in the next couple days.

Love how you guys all say MN is so bad when we are going to play them. Are they any worse than Idaho or Fresno? Last year they won their last two games against Iowa and ILL and opened this year and played USC to almost a draw. Their last game they beat last years MAC champion. They had a bad game against NMSU but hell who doesn't have bad games once in awhile. We'll see what happens, we could be pee down our leg and get taken to the wood shed.

Go away, you are delusional if you think MN is on a level playing field with Fresno this year. This post is not about UND, Idaho, or Fresno.

A bad game against NMSU. :lol: New Mexico State typically is worse than 50 or more FCS schools in Massey Ratings.

Bad game once in a while? They play bad constantly and sprinkle in a little mediocrity once in a while. They haven't won the Big Ten title since 1967.

Go away, you are delusional if you think MN is on a level playing field with Fresno this year. This post is not about UND, Idaho, or Fresno.

I'd say Minnesota is capable of beating Fresno St. this year, would they beat them? Maybe, maybe not. They did just beat the MAC champs and generally MAC champs aren't bad. I'd say Minnesota losing to USC by 2 would at least be comparable to getting rocked in the 4th quarter by Nebraska. That same Nebraska team had a relatively competitive game with Washington, a Pac-12 team who is going to be pretty bad season. Not that any of it matters, a win over Minnesota still gets more legitimacy because even if they are bad, which they definitely were against NMSU(hopefully Saturday night as well), they are still a Big Ten team.

I guess there are some positives to take out of this football game, I thought about it and came up with:

A) Either NDSU or the Gophers will lose this weekend...+

B) The Minnesota Football Program is at this point no better than a I-AA school....+

C) Gopher fans will get confused because half of them don't know the difference between UND and NDSU.....+

D) NDSU's best sport is even keel with Minnesota's worst sport....+

I'll stick to my pick. NDSU 27, Minnesota 24. USC isn't as good as people think they are. New Mexico is 1-2, Miami is okay, should have beaten the gophers, but still 0-2. I personally don't think it will be that close. NDSU has had a full two weeks to prepare for the gophers....heck, probably three weeks because St. Francis just served as a filler.

• Upvote 1

LakesBison University..............................

I like it.

:D

Unfortunately, that is pretty funny!!!!

As far as the thread, do I cheer for UND when they play a game like Fresno? I hate UND, but I do find myself rooting for them just a bit, I would never admit that on BV though just so you know. (Fresno game was one of the best games I have watched this football season so far) To be honest, I am more concerned about MVFC play, UNI, and playoffs than Minnesota. I am probably in the minority with that opinion. Thanks to any sioux fan that is rooting for us this weekend though.