SiouxSports.com Forum

Where are you from?

luapsided

I feel like taking a step back from hockey for a second, and I'm bored :blush: Many people on here obviously are from far away places, and come here in order to keep tally on the sioux, make a statement/arguement, or just straight up b.s. I guess I am curious where everyone is from? Did you once live here? Or any other info you care to share 8o)

I myself, born and raised here in sioux country. Grand Forks, older super senior at UND ;)

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was raised in Devils Lake. Have always been a supporter of Satans (now Firebirds) sports. Moved to GF (Thompson) in late '98 after we lost pasture land to the rising waters of DL, had to sell our cattle, and were losing the battle to the lake. Love the Sioux (especially hockey), and will forever be a supporter of the name.

Born and raised in Chicago, not the 'burds, the city. Graduated HS and moved to sunny California for a few years, back to Illinois, Champaign/Urbana, for a couple of years and then on to Grand Forks which is home now.

Currently, I'm working a few months on the Navajo Nation reservation in Arizona.

How much time you got?

Dad was in the Air Force. I was born in Mass, moved to England, then Germany, then New Mexico, then Florida and then North Dakota. Spent most of my time growing up Grand Forks while attending Valley Jr. High and Central HS.

I moved to Arizona and then joined the Army. I lived in Georgia, Kentucky, Korea and Colorado before moving back to Grand Forks for a few years.

I then moved to Wisconsin, attended college and still reside in the cheese state.

Been in Wisconsin since 1995 and the wife, who was born and raised in Grand Forks, loves it here and refuses to leave. So...... here I am.

Born and raised in Grenora, ND. Attended UND. After school I decided that I wanted to get out of ND and see what things are like. So I spent a summer in North Carolina before moving to Phoenix for a year. I realized that life really isn't as different as I thought it would be in other parts of the country so I ended up moving back and am now currently living in Mayville and hope to end up back in GF soon.

Edit: Since we're at it everyone should just include where they live in their profile. It would be kind of nice.

I was born in Tuscon, AZ. My parents moved to Grand Forks when I was 3 and I am still here. I went to Grand Forks Central and UND. I now work at UND (within sight of REA!) and have season tickets to both football and hockey. I didn't think I would still be here, but I am.

I LOVE Tucson, AZ and Wildcat basketball. Great place. My father stills lives down there.

Born in Grand Forks. Lived in Thompson for a while as a kid and then moved to our farm closer to Grand Forks, but still in the Thompson school district. Went to UND for 4 years and lived in Grand Forks for a few years after. Moved to Tacoma, Washington for about 1 1/2 years. The company I worked for was going bankrupt so I moved to the Twin Cities for 4 years, 2 in St. Paul and 2 in Burnsville. Moved back to Grand Forks almost 13 years ago and I don't have any plans to leave again.

Born in Atlanta, GA, moved immediately to GA coast for 2 years, then to Kentucky mountains for about 4, then Springfield, Illinois for about 4, North Carolina for 8, went to school at UND for 2, and now back here in NC in my third year of school, about to finish my first semester at my new school, ECU.

I consider myself from Pinehurst, North Carolina

Born a cheesehead, and attempted to be raised a Wisconsin fan while being raised in the NW Burbs of Chicago, not the city, haha. Am up here for school but will forever be a sioux fan. Saddened to see students last night loyal to their state and not to their school. When it was Illinois vs. UNC in the NCAA finals two years back, MJ wore his blue, and that is how i'll always be, loyal to my school. Go Sioux!!!

I was born in Bismarck, ND and then moved to Crosby ND for a year or so, then my family moved to Dickinson and we lived there for about 5 years. Then moved onto Bismarck again. Stayed there until I went to school in GF and lived there for 5 years. Had to move back to Bismarck for a job and I miss GF more and more everyday.

I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.

Mother: Navin, it's your birthday, and it's time you knew. You're not our natural-born child.

Navin R. Johnson: I'm not? You mean I'm gonna STAY this color?

Doggoneit, I thought I was the furthest away (although I had to think about it.) :blush:

Originally from Watford City, went to UND, moved to MN, transferred to Chiang Mai, Thailand and I've been here for about 15 months. When 2 yrs are up, will move back to the US, but I don't know where. I would like to go back to N. Dakota, but I don't think that it's likely.