SiouxSports.com Forum

Where are you from?

luapsided

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is fun. Born in Bismarck, graduated UND '75; taught school in St.John, ND for one year (that was enough). Moved to the Cities in '76, married a Canadian in '80. Live in Eagan, MN. All of our daughters go to or will go to rival UND hockey schools....U of MN -TC, SCSU and next year the youngest will go to Madison. What can I say...they just didn't want to go to UND...blast them anyway! The only good thing is, I get to go to hockey games with my hubby when he scouts for Ottawa so I get around the WCHA abit.

Devils Lake Satan - class of '75

2 years at UND then finished at UofM - grizzly not gopher

back to DL - then GF then St. Paul in 1991

I get back to GF frequently - next Sunday, Mon. Tues actually - to see my kids, one of which is a Sophomore at UND

Alot of Devils Lake people love it! Class of 82 Satan!!! (brother '76) 16 yrs in GF now living between the gophers and the huskies. It is a hard existance. I wear alot of Green!

Born in Dickinson and lived there until age 6, moved to Glen Ullin wear my parents family farm was and still is. Went to UND for one year and then returned to GU to farm with my dad. Left 3 yrs. later (drought 1988-90). Moved to Page, ND and have lived here last 16 years

Born in 1967 in Jamestown, ND and left (like I had a choice at 3 years of age) for Muscatine, IA. Moved to Bay City, MI in 1972 and been here since.

Lots of family in South Dakota and a few yet in North Dakota. Haven't been out that way as much as I would like. Last time was in 2005 for the Badgers-Fighting Sioux series. First time at the REA. Awesome experience. The Dakotas are beautiful and I have always admired those that live out that way. I always felt the citizens of ND and SD were a tougher breed than those that live in MI.

Trying my best to keep the Fighting Sioux at the forefront here in the crotch of the thumb of Michigan (look at your right hand, that's Bay City). Trying my best to instill some Sioux pride in my three boys. Working so far!

Born in Grand Forks (1969), graduated from Warren. Attended many Sioux games in the 80's...back when we were mean and people were scared to stand in front of the net. Just thought I would add that!

Joined the Air Force in 1988 as an enlisted guy, commissioned from UND's ROTC program in 2001, wife has Bach/Masters from UND. Currently we are stationed at Wright Patterson, Ohio. We make it back for a couple of weekends a year, always make it to Minneapolis for the Sioux/rodent weekend and alway make it to the Final Five.

Great post.

James

Born in Park River. Raised in GF. Graduated from GFRR in 1980 and from UND in 1984.

Moved to Seattle in 1985, hated the weather. Moved to Florida, back to North Dakota and back to Florida and have been here since 1993. Married a Southerner, so very little chance of ever living in ND again, although I miss it from time to time.

BORN - Bemidji, MN

LIVE - Fountain Hills, AZ

SCHOOL - Arizona State University (1 summer class at BEMIDJI STATE :glare: )

BLEED - GREEN AND WHITE ???

moved from bemidji to fountain hills when i was ten. lived all summers in bemidji up until college. many, many sioux fans out here......we get 150-200 fans for the sioux gophs series out here in mesa at the bar rto sullivans and many others for all other games

Born in Grand Forks (1969), graduated from Warren. Attended many Sioux games in the 80's...back when we were mean and people were scared to stand in front of the net. Just thought I would add that!

Joined the Air Force in 1988 as an enlisted guy, commissioned from UND's ROTC program in 2001, wife has Bach/Masters from UND. Currently we are stationed at Wright Patterson, Ohio. We make it back for a couple of weekends a year, always make it to Minneapolis for the Sioux/rodent weekend and alway make it to the Final Five.

Great post.

James

COLONEL!! Looking forward to seeing you guys in January for another weekend of Sioux-Rodent adventures. :glare:

Born in Cavalier,ND; grew up on a farm between Cavalier and St. Thomas. Attended UND on the "extended plan", moved to Minnesota in 1991, currently in the northwest burbs in Maple Grove. Enjoy getting to GF for as many football and hockey games as possible. Bleeding more green by the day.

I was born on the planet Krypton.

My folks sent me here to the planet Earth. I was raised on a farm outside of Smallville. After college, I started working for a newspaper, The Daily Planet in Metropolis. Til that $#%#& Lois dumped my butt.

Then I found out that Lex Luther was a Gopher fan. So, I moved to GF and sided with the Fighting Sioux.

I'm here to fight for truth, justice and the American way!

Besides, with my X-ray vision, those cute blonde nordic chicks in GF are fun to watch.

:glare: