SiouxSports.com Forum

Where are you from?

luapsided

Stuttgart was home to the RAF terrorists and a monthly demonstration of some kind. Some of those people were scarey looking. As an MP we guarded the gates and we always had something happening at the front gate keep us busy. Run through were always fun.

The Royal Air Force has terrorists?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

December. It took me an extra semester to graduate because I didn't pick a major until I was a junior. *isn't using degree anyway*

........it looks good on my wall that's all that matters.

You graduated earlier than me I was May of 96. Master in December of 1999.

I am probably not using my degree either. I majored in keg tapping and $1.50 pictures.

We probably had some classes together- I majored in keg stands with a minor in slam dancing.

We used to know all of the bars drink specials, $1.50 teas at the El Roco, pictures at the Down Under on Friday Night. I don't rember the other ones. Thirsty Thursdays were always good too.

We used to know all of the bars drink specials, $1.50 teas at the El Roco, pictures at the Down Under on Friday Night. I don't rember the other ones. Thirsty Thursdays were always good too.

I remember walking into the ladies room by the Down Under and seeing it full of high school girls drawing the 'stamp of the night' on each other's hands so they could get into the bar.

My favorite drink was the bucket of Sex on the Beach at the Antique. MmMMMMmm I could go for one of those right now.

What a bunch of young punks! :D Here was the calendar back in the day:

Sunday: Whitey's, back in the pool room.

Monday: Dead giveaways at the Antique

Tuesday: $0.35 drinks at the Spud

Wednesday: Long Island Teas at the Bridge/then John Barleycorn

Thursday: Stay home at Walsh Hall and drink ourselves into a stuper

Friday: Buck pitchers at the Spud, sleep it off, and then the downtown bars (anyone remember Faces?)

Saturday: Wake up around four, find cheap off-sale and figure it out as we went

And so on and so forth.

Tapping kegs seemed to be a pretty popular major back in the day.

Ever go by the "Mule Barn" on Dyke Ave.?

16th and 5th.

16th & 4th?

a house a couple blocks east of the Medical School

2100 University.

the blue house next to the kc's on University

"House with the pink door"

123 Walnut.

3-something Hamline.

blue house on 1st near Deraney's Liquors

Under Brekke Travel.

5th by the water treatment plant

apts by the EGF Valley Dairy on 17th.

Loft above the Ski & Bike Shop.

I heard about things at those places. Never went there, though. :D

What a bunch of young punks! ??? Here was the calendar back in the day:

Friday: Buck pitchers at the Spud, sleep it off, and then the downtown bars (anyone remember Faces?)

And so on and so forth.

Football Saturday started at the Antique about 9:00 AM, Southgate for some munchies, stop at Delaney's on the way to the game to buy small bottles of schapps to put in the back of the cowboy boots. Halftime we usually ended up at Judy's and if the score wasn't close at halftime we stayed at Judy's for a while.

I thought $0.35 at the Spud was on Thursday nights. :D

I am wondering if any of us ever studied when we went school? :D

I scheduled my classes around daytime television.

When I went to school the second time, I studied all the time and got 1 B. Which I was very upset about. Imagine what I could have done had I tried the first time.

Ever go by the "Mule Barn" on Dyke Ave.?

Lived there for a couple of years. Guys used to come back all the time to look at the place and talk about all the craziness. I guess a pool table used to be in the main room. Which explained why the floors were bowed. :D

And so on and so forth.

You can still remember all that?

Football Saturday started at the Antique about 9:00 AM, Southgate for some munchies, stop at Delaney's on the way to the game to buy small bottles of schapps to put in the back of the cowboy boots. Halftime we usually ended up at Judy's and if the score wasn't close at halftime we stayed at Judy's for a while.

I thought $0.35 at the Spud was on Thursday nights. ???

You're probably right....those brain cells died. :D

Ah yes, schnapps. I had a run-in with Dr. McGillicudy at one of the Sioux-Bison games. Drunk, stupid, and face-first in a snowbank is no way to go through life, son. Back me up here, TRIOUXPER.

And so on and so forth.

John Barleycorn had Happy Hour starting at 10 PM every night. Two Michelob or Miller Lite tap beers for $1. It was very convenient since I worked in the mall and usually got done with work at 10. Never liked Faces a whole lot. Ma Barkers or Verns or whatever else the bar was called at the time on the corner of Highway 2 and 220 in EGF was usually a great party on Friday and Saturday.

Long time caller, first time listener!

I was born in Dickinson in 1970 and was raised on a ranch about 20 miles north of Belfield. My parents still run the ranch (celebrated 100 years this past July) and my sister and her husband are in the process of taking it over in a year or two (I have another sister who attended NDSU and now lives in Plymouth, MN). Moved to GF and attended college from 1988-1992 and have been in Minneapolis/St Paul ever since graduating.

Your parents are 100 years old? I didnt' realize they were so young.

I was born on the UMTC campus, believe it or not. Lived in St. Paul, B.P., St. Louis Park, and then Champaign, IL (never lived in Urbana!). Now we live in Plymouth.... how boring.

You're probably right....those brain cells died. :D

Ah yes, schnapps. I had a run-in with Dr. McGillicudy at one of the Sioux-Bison games. Drunk, stupid, and face-first in a snowbank is no way to go through life, son. Back me up here, TRIOUXPER.

In Shawn-O's defense, it's not everyday you meet someone willing to take on the entire bison football cheering section. Especially when the Sioux are getting it handed to them on their home field. I salute you.