SiouxSports.com Forum

Where are you from?

luapsided

You're probably right....those brain cells died. :D

Ah yes, schnapps. I had a run-in with Dr. McGillicudy at one of the Sioux-Bison games. Drunk, stupid, and face-first in a snowbank is no way to go through life, son. Back me up here, TRIOUXPER.

You're channeling an experience I had back in the 1980's. It was blizzarding, Sioux/Bison, Grog and Peppermint Schnapps. We made a liquor store run at half-time. I have no clue what the score was. I did run through the Bison band and grabbed a "Sioux Suck" baseball hat off a guy and outran the pursuit down and out the bleachers. (I couldn't believe they were going to denigrate the Native population of North Dakota like that....)

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too!

The old Whitey's was really my place. Ended many an evening with a burger basket and a few beers. I just found my Premo night pint glass this weekend!

I liked the old whiteys too the side bar rocked. I not a fan of Premo though no matter how much you drink you always get a head ache.

Me too!

The old Whitey's was really my place. Ended many an evening with a burger basket and a few beers. I just found my Premo night pint glass this weekend!

I loved the old Whitey's. I was just relating a story recently to someone about how you would get a table on a weekend night. No hostess, just the knowing glances between different parties about who was next and who was getting ready to leave. I still go in for a Riverboat sandwich when I'm in town.

Lived there for a couple of years. Guys used to come back all the time to look at the place and talk about all the craziness. I guess a pool table used to be in the main room. Which explained why the floors were bowed. :D

The Mule Barn on Dyke was the temporary residence of the Pike house!! We lost our chapter house in the Flood. Craiziness is putting it mildly! I feel sorry for anyone that had to live there afterwards. There wasn't much of a house left!

The Mule Barn on Dyke was the temporary residence of the Pike house!! We lost our chapter house in the Flood. Craiziness is putting it mildly! I feel sorry for anyone that had to live there afterwards. There wasn't much of a house left!

The place was a dump. But a BIG CHEAP dump.

The place was a dump. But a BIG CHEAP dump.

Sweet. Kind of remind me of an old bar named Bottoms up in Bemidji before it was raided by Law Enforcement and shut down, I can't remember what crimes were broken but it wasn't pretty. So smokey you couldn't see the other side but drinks were dirt cheap. The place to be every weekend.

I also loved the old antique, used to go there after work before it was taken out by the wave/flood.

Sweet. Kind of remind me of an old bar named Bottoms up in Bemidji before it was raided by Law Enforcement and shut down, I can't remember what crimes were broken but it wasn't pretty. So smokey you couldn't see the other side but drinks were dirt cheap. The place to be every weekend.

I also loved the old antique, used to go there after work before it was taken out by the wave/flood.

Bars with names that are double entendres kick a$$!

The old Whitey's was exceptional. Sunday nights it'd be packed with an assortment of Bikers, College Students and the Grandma/Grandpa's.

The only place I've seen where everyone would mix like that.

THE HUB!! Same kind of place in mixing of ages, etc., when the EGF Larson brothers owned the place!!

Most of my growing up was in Milbank SD. Learned to love watching hockey with Sodak Sioux Fan in his dad's electronics workshop. Dinky tv, drinking Miller ponies every time the North Stars would score in the playoffs. What fun!

Left for Fergus Falls for a couple of years, then to UND just on time to learn about college hockey and the Hrkac Circus. There's a reason 87 is the number on the back of my game jersey (graduation + championship).

Now, I'm embedded firmly in the "Maroon Zone" in Gopherdad.

That's because we don't look old. :D

Dagies you're right on that one. It's not how old you are it's how you feel that counts. I should know i'm over 50 & i don't feel it at all. Furthermore, I both look & feel like someone in their early 40's to be honest with you. GO GATORS CHOMP ON OHIO STATE ON JAN 8.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

Dagies you're right on that one. It's not how old you are it's how you feel that counts. I should know i'm over 50 & i don't feel it at all. Furthermore, I both look & feel like someone in their early 40's to be honest with you. GO GATORS CHOMP ON OHIO STATE ON JAN 8.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

That heart must be treating you ok then. Good to hear!