SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

4 hours ago, tnt said:

Mismash recently.  Guess I like a lot of the UND guys like Kawaguchi and Weatherby and how they were able to destroy the elite Minnesota talent in their own building.  Also love that UND sees the value of guys like Senden, whose uncle played for the gophers.  I consider those guys as misses for Minnesota.  Ditto for guys in the past like Connor Gaarder, Matt Henderson and Peter Armbrust, among many others.

Good call on Mismash.

4 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Only the beginning. Big time colleges will start to pony up 

You were asking earlier which recruits we beat out Big 10 schools for.  It looks like we beat out UMN and OSU for one current player:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/a-chat-with-und-sophomore-forward-griffin-ness

Q. What was your recruiting like? Did you have other schools contacting you?

A. My top three were Ohio State, Minnesota and here. But once I saw this place, it was hard to compare anywhere else. I made my decision pretty quick after coming here.

:) 

4 minutes ago, brianvf said:

You were asking earlier which recruits we beat out Big 10 schools for.  It looks like we beat out UMN and OSU for one current player:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/a-chat-with-und-sophomore-forward-griffin-ness

:) 

Contacted him. What about offer scholarship toe to tow

not bashing him but doubt he’s on a full ride or getting more $$ then most

Back to important stuff:

When US NTDP was here and Logan Cooley is available again, did we send Connor Ford out for faceoffs against him with recruiting materials, an application for fall? 

Did (Pittsburgh hometown) Connor Ford mention how much fun he is having at UND to (Pittsburgh hometown) Logan Cooley?

< at faceoff dot >

"Hey Logan, I'm Connor, I'm from P'burgh too. Sorry the students are away. This place is raucous when there's 12000 in here cheering for me ... or you. You should really try it for about four years ... "  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Back to important stuff:

When US NTDP was here and Logan Cooley is available again, did we send Connor Ford out for faceoffs against him with recruiting materials, an application for fall? 

Did (Pittsburgh hometown) Connor Ford mention how much fun he is having at UND to (Pittsburgh hometown) Logan Cooley?

< at faceoff dot >

"Hey Logan, I'm Connor, I'm from P'burgh too. Sorry the students are away. This place is raucous when there's 12000 in here cheering for me ... or you. You should really try it for about four years ... "  

I agree but this weekend wasn’t even close to 12k

Attendance this year has been anything but stellar. A few factors driving that, I am sure. 
For some reason come Friday and Saturday that is when the bad weather has really showed up this year. I can’t blame people for not wanting to travel. I suppose having a somewhat inconsistent team drives some of that too. Oh and I suppose CoVID has an impact as well. No need to worry, attendance will come back and we will not be the Marucci of the west. 

• Upvote 1