SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

On 1/5/2016 at 11:51 PM, brianvf said:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hockey-east/2016/1/4/10709412/scott-conway-commits-to-providence

Former Penn St player...current Penticton teammate of Jost...Scott Conway committed to Providence.

He's currently 2nd in points in BCHL, 12 ahead of Jost in 3rd.

too bad Jackson, Shaw, and Jost couldn't convince him to come to UND.

55 minutes ago, Tbone said:

I believe that Conway has had some telling character issues on and off the ice. Was probably decided to let him reattempt his  college career elsewhere. Wish him well in his journey.

I believe ND did not recruit him due to character issues. 

Have any of the U18 players we see this weekend veballed yet?   Would guess there is interest in some of them. 

On 11/25/2015 at 1:03 AM, stoneySIOUX said:

Anyone have any info on Ethan Johnson from TRF? Dude had a monster game in Thief's 6-3 win over Roseau. 2g, 2a. Kid has good hands, seems very quick, nice frame. Both goals were pretty nasty. Went to the net on both. He has to have eyes on him. I'd be surprised to find out that we didn't have someone there to watch this game, particularly for Johnson.

Scored goals # 19, 20, 21, & 22 last night in a blow-out win. Kid can shoot the puck.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Really though, how many NTDP kids have we had contribute recently? I can only think of a few. I like finding guys like Cags in other places.

Yes, we don't typically get NTDP kids. And have done just fine without them. Just hoping there was a recruit to watch. Is Jost young enough to potentially play for Canada in next spring's U18 in the ralph?

9 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Really though, how many NTDP kids have we had contribute recently? I can only think of a few. I like finding guys like Cags in other places.

Agreed but it's a ton easier to judge the outcome of a kid from the NTDP (assuming they don't decommit) or a top producer from the USHL vs some of those lower level Canadian Jr A leagues.  For every one of the Caggs there are more that don't necessarily pan out. As UND is a top tier program it is tough not to look at these young producers.  However, UND has been great at finding a mixture of blue chippers and solid over agers.

5 hours ago, sprig said:

Yes, we don't typically get NTDP kids. And have done just fine without them. Just hoping there was a recruit to watch. Is Jost young enough to potentially play for Canada in next spring's U18 in the ralph?

Yes, I believe so.  He turns 18 in March. Anyone know the age cut-off?

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Yes, I believe so.  He turns 18 in March. Anyone know the age cut-off?

Goes by birth year. Must be born on or after Jan. 1, 1998 to be eligible for 2016 U18 tourney. Minimum age for all IIHF events is 15.

From http://www.iihf.com/fileadmin/user_upload/PDF/Sport/IIHF_Official_Rule_Book_2014-18_Web_V6.pdf

RULE 3 – PLAYER ELIGIBILITY/AGE i. For age-specific tournaments, notably U18 and U20, there is both a minimum and a maximum age for player eligibility. The minimum age is 15. ii. A player participating in the 2015 U20 must have been born between January 1, 1995 and December 31, 2000. For the 2016 U20, the dates are January 1, 1996 and December 31, 2001. For the 2017 U20, the dates are January 1, 1997 and December 31, 2002. For the 2018 U20, the dates are January 1, 1998 and December 31, 2003. iii. A player participating in the 2015 U18 must have been born between January 1, 1997 and December 31, 2000. For the 2016 U18, the dates are January 1, 1998 and December 31, 2001. For the 2017 U18, the dates are January 1, 1999 and December 31, 2002. For the 2018 U18, the dates are January 1, 2000 and December 31, 2003.

• Upvote 1

On 1/7/2016 at 1:01 AM, geaux_sioux said:

Out of the past 5 years only I see 3 current players (Keaton Thompson, Ausmus, Wilkie), 2 former players (Forbort, Grimaldi) and one future player (Evers) that play for the NTDP.  So you are right that is not a lot.

46 minutes ago, OshieRoll said:

Out of the past 5 years only I see 3 current players (Keaton Thompson, Ausmus, Wilkie), 2 former players (Forbort, Grimaldi) and one future player (Evers) that play for the NTDP.  So you are right that is not a lot.

Danny Kristo and Nick Mattson also played for the NTDP. Both played 2 seasons there.

1 hour ago, OshieRoll said:

Gersich, I thought there was more than that.

On 1/8/2016 at 11:35 AM, SiouxFanatic said:

Danny Kristo and Nick Mattson also played for the NTDP. Both played 2 seasons there.

On 1/8/2016 at 0:44 PM, scpa0305 said:

Gersich, I thought there was more than that.

I couldn't find the 05-06 to 08-09 rosters anywhere for some reason so that is why Kristo and Mattson weren't included.  No excuse for missing Gersich though... :glare:

7 hours ago, I Ranger said:

Anyone have any insight as to the who the potential recruits on the bench before the games were this weekend? I believe there was one Friday and two Saturday.

Gavin Hain on Friday 

Alex Steeves on Saturday 

Mattson and Keane were here Saturday 

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Prospective Recruits