SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Was on campus not to long ago I believe. A 98 defenseman from Minnesota. 

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=300828

Casey Staum-D-Elite League Southwest- If any player out of the Elite League gets drafted this upcoming summer, Staum is probably the best bet right now. Even though Team Southwest had an ugly weekend, Staum acquitted himself well. He's a very fluid skater with excellent footwork and he moves the puck effectively. He reportedly picked up some major NCAA offers over the weekend and should be making a college commitment soon.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2015/9/28/9407387/nahl-nhl-draft-prospects-tyler-johnson-jack-lafontaine-rourke-russell-casey-staum

Tufto who graduated from Saint Thomas last year have a chance of making it here, or any D1 school?

Having a pretty good year in the BCHL so far. A bit undersized though it seems. Would need to put in a good body of work through the full season and I bet he gets offers

I'm hearing rumors that a '00 Goalie from Minnesota might come over for the game. Also I think some of the Penticton guys might be here

One of Wisconsin's players, formerly of Penticton tweeted to Jost and Bast "Can't wait to see you guys this weekend" so sounds like they'll be here. But they're not "prospective" - but maybe they brought some friends...

One of Wisconsin's players, formerly of Penticton tweeted to Jost and Bast "Can't wait to see you guys this weekend" so sounds like they'll be here. But they're not "prospective" - but maybe they brought some friends...

There is still time for Fabbro to change his mind :) jk

I don't think they did. I want just noting what I had heard about who would be here

isnt it a little early to be bringing in a goalie who will only be a sophomore? I would just figure it is, I don't have any idea.

A lot of kids are committing early these days.  Even if you don't plan on offering him for another couple of years, it sure helps to let him know what he would be missing if he decided to commit elsewhere really early.  

isnt it a little early to be bringing in a goalie who will only be a sophomore? I would just figure it is, I don't have any idea.

I'm fairly certain one of the Boston schools already has a '00 goalie committed. He's projected to be a US17 guy for next year. Portland owns his rights so I'm guessing it's gonna be a battle between college and then for Karki. 

Edit: Spencer Knight is a '01 goalie committed to BC

Edited by jjensen