SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

No one has brought this up yet, but I am just glad he is going the college route.

yes it's noteworthy for sure! Regardless of how many years he plays. He and yost going the Toews route. I'm sure that still frowned upon across the border. They will be the rare wjt college Canadiens when time comes.

Logan Hutsko, former Penn St recruit, is opening up his recruitment. Kid from out east so he might be leading that way but was a Shattuck kid. BC is rumored to be in the lead for him. Another kid from the U17 NTDP might be decommiting soon as well

Randy Hernandez is still uncommitted.

Anyone listen to Berry on College hockey radio interview? Some big name wanting to come here was told no by UND's staff for character issues. Berry said if their character doesn't fit into the Sioux culture they don't take them, no matter how good they are! Wow..is that the big name that just chose BC?

https://www.spreaker.com/user/8377958/brad-berry-north-dakota

Edited by bigskyvikes
  • Upvote 1

Anyone listen to Berry on College hockey radio interview? Some big name wanting to come here was told no by UND's staff for character issues. Berry said if their character doesn't fit into the Sioux culture they don't take them, no matter how good they are! Wow..is that the big name that just chose BC?

Who picked BC?

He said it was a few years ago and alluded to the player decommiting/going MJ.  Tommy Vannelli or Jack Dougherty are my guesses, but it's obviously just speculation.  The latter mentioned more than once he grew up a Sioux fan.  Some of my beer league buddies here in Portland are big Winterhawks fans, they are ecstatic to have him.

Edited by AlphaMikeFoxtrot
accidental line breaks

Depends on the character issue I suppose.  It is one thing to have standards, but sometimes second chances are in order.  See Matt Frattin, Brandon Bochenski, etc. Don't think we should act like we are better than other schools in that regard, as it is all subjective on who deserves a second chance.  I would hope that there are some character issues that are so beyond acceptable that no team would put their neck out for, but who knows. 

• Upvote 1

Depends on the character issue I suppose.  It is one thing to have standards, but sometimes second chances are in order.  See Matt Frattin, Brandon Bochenski, etc. Don't think we should act like we are better than other schools in that regard, as it is all subjective on who deserves a second chance.  I would hope that there are some character issues that are so beyond acceptable that no team would put their neck out for, but who knows. 

I agree on the second chance, just so everyone knows, ii was NOT implying we are better than anyone else.

I think  "character issue" does not need to imply criminal type misbehavior.   If they had a very talented prospect who they thought could not be coached away from seeing himself as primarily a goal scorer who would not completely buy into his responsibilities at the other end of the ice, they would probably pass on him. 

I agree on the second chance, just so everyone knows, ii was NOT implying we are better than anyone else.

And I didn't mean to imply that you, or Brad Berry were saying or thinking we were better than other schools. Just meant it as a precaution not to follow the Saintly Gopher crowd.

• Upvote 1