SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Any grand forks/area players coming up to watch in the next few years? Thought i saw bemidji has a decent prospect. Also warroad, Roseau or anywhere up north? Thanks to anyone who may know. 

This year on Central you've got F Grant Johnson, Nick Lund, Cam Olstad and at Red River you've got D Brock Montgomery and F Mason Salquist.All of those guys have done well at USA Festivals but that doesn't mean allot either. 

This year on Central you've got F Grant Johnson, Nick Lund, Cam Olstad and at Red River you've got D Brock Montgomery and F Mason Salquist.All of those guys have done well at USA Festivals but that doesn't mean allot either. 

Braden Costello is leading the ND U-16 team with Olmstad, so I expect we will see him on the RR team.

http://www.ndaha.org/stats/team_instance/1326890?subseason=225258&tab=team_instance_player_stats&tool=1423674

Patrick plays for Brandon close to home, but at one point he said his dream was to play for the Sioux.  Just goes to show how things can change. 

I recall seeing a Bobcat game or two way back in the 60s.  It must be a very well-managed organization. 

FSN has the Roseau/Thief River Falls game on tonight. Not real sure what they have for prospects but do know Roseau lost a very good Freshman Ben Helgeson to Hill-Murray and he scored 2 goals in their season opener against Burnsville.

FOX Sports North @fsnorth 14h14 hours ago

Consider this your 24 hour warning hockey fans make sure to tune in tomorrow for @ramhockey vs. @LHS_TRF!

FSN has the Roseau/Thief River Falls game on tonight. Not real sure what they have for prospects but do know Roseau lost a very good Freshman Ben Helgeson to Hill-Murray and he scored 2 goals in their season opener against Burnsville.

FOX Sports North @fsnorth 14h14 hours ago

Consider this your 24 hour warning hockey fans make sure to tune in tomorrow for @ramhockey vs. @LHS_TRF!

Anyone have any info on Ethan Johnson from TRF? Dude had a monster game in Thief's 6-3 win over Roseau. 2g, 2a. Kid has good hands, seems very quick, nice frame. Both goals were pretty nasty. Went to the net on both. He has to have eyes on him. I'd be surprised to find out that we didn't have someone there to watch this game, particularly for Johnson.

Anyone have any info on Ethan Johnson from TRF? Dude had a monster game in Thief's 6-3 win over Roseau. 2g, 2a. Kid has good hands, seems very quick, nice frame. Both goals were pretty nasty. Went to the net on both. He has to have eyes on him. I'd be surprised to find out that we didn't have someone there to watch this game, particularly for Johnson.

Good speed and skill probably a guy that will have to go to juniors somewhere and see how he performs there before he gets more looks. He had 7 goals and 7 assists in the elite league this fall. Lots of potential recruits and talent in the area still but not a whole lot of standout can't miss Brock Nelson, TJ Oshie types. There are some young guys that look like very good prospects but are still developing, some others they will want to see how their SR year goes kinda like they did with Yon and others they will wait to see how they perform in juniors like with Poolmans. Know Lucia was at the Grand Rapids-Bemidji game on Tuesday and I would guess many coaches will want to watch both of those teams this season. That game could have had around 10 D1 guys on the ice that night. GR has 3 guys committed already including Mattson and has at least another 3-4 who will end up playing D1 and Bemidji has 3-4 very good prospects who should end up as D1 guys.    

Good speed and skill probably a guy that will have to go to juniors somewhere and see how he performs there before he gets more looks. He had 7 goals and 7 assists in the elite league this fall. Lots of potential recruits and talent in the area still but not a whole lot of standout can't miss Brock Nelson, TJ Oshie types. There are some young guys that look like very good prospects but are still developing, some others they will want to see how their SR year goes kinda like they did with Yon and others they will wait to see how they perform in juniors like with Poolmans. Know Lucia was at the Grand Rapids-Bemidji game on Tuesday and I would guess many coaches will want to watch both of those teams this season. That game could have had around 10 D1 guys on the ice that night. GR has 3 guys committed already including Mattson and has at least another 3-4 who will end up playing D1 and Bemidji has 3-4 very good prospects who should end up as D1 guys.    

You heard of anyone scouting Johnson?

I got to see Cole Thompson, Keaton's little brother, he needs to work on his skating some but is a pretty good prospect.  He is a pretty strong player but not an everyday guy in Aberdeen.  If he learns to how to keep his feet moving I could see him being a prospect to look at in the upcoming season.

• 4 weeks later...